Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody accepted a home delivery recently? How was the experience?

Socal, MY LR MSM ordered 4/8. Delivery date went from June 1-20 to June 15-30 to September in the last few days. Today morning I got VIN, and after about an hour, got a text saying car would be delivered to my home.
I have done it twice. Much better than waiting at the delivery center.

Great.
Couple of questions:
Had you made payment before car was delivered to your place?
Did you have any defects that were fixed after taking delivery?
Any documents that you had to send back after signing?
Yeah I’m a bit confused on the home delivery process too. I’m financing through a credit union and they’re going to issue me a check to give to Tesla. How would I make the final payment if the delivery is contactless?

tesla sent me a text saying they will make me sign electronic documents the day prior to my
delivery appointment on June 20. The drop off will be completely contactless and I’ll get an email once the drop off is complete. The text even said I don’t even need to be home but I live in an apartment complex so I plan to be home to move it from street to the parking garage. So confused on this whole process haha

Yeah I’m a bit confused on the home delivery process too. I’m financing through a credit union and they’re going to issue me a check to give to Tesla. How would I make the final payment if the delivery is contactless?

tesla sent me a text saying they will make me sign electronic documents the day prior to my
delivery appointment on June 20. The drop off will be completely contactless and I’ll get an email once the drop off is complete. The text even said I don’t even need to be home but I live in an apartment complex so I plan to be home to move it from street to the parking garage. So confused on this whole process haha
In what way is it contactless? Do you still get to inspect the vehicle or reject it at that point? Or is there no rejecting at that point and you have to report it within the 24 hrs or 100 miles and take it the SC.

I guess what I'm trying to understand is if they just park it in your driveway and take off.

Update: My sister saw a truck full of new Tesla's headed southbound on the 5 near Anaheim. Apparently they were not all MY's...I would take any info from her with a grain of salt lol 😄

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JustYNot

No worries, I am in the same situation. I contacted my SA, found out my delivery center (in my case it is the Dublin Tesla store) and contacted them to confirm delivery logistics. I specifically as about the process to initiate a reject/return if there are major issues with the car.

In what way is it contactless? Do you still get to inspect the vehicle or reject it at that point? Or is there no rejecting at that point and you have to report it within the 24 hrs or 100 miles and take it the SC.

I guess what I'm trying to understand is if they just park it in your driveway and take off.

Update: My sister saw a truck full of new Tesla's headed southbound on the 5 near Anaheim. Apparently they were not all MY's...I would take any info from her with a grain of salt lol 😄
Well according to the text, it looks like they really do just drop off and leave lol. I’ve read from others who has a home delivery where they drop it off, take pictures of it to prove they actually delivered it, and leave.

I guess once I get the “delivery email”, I can choose to accept or reject electronically. My main concern is making payment. I’ll call Tesla this week lol

Attachments

• F6FD37FF-F93A-46E9-B555-ACB07288DC86.jpeg
    F6FD37FF-F93A-46E9-B555-ACB07288DC86.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 149
Well according to the text, it looks like they really do just drop off and leave lol. I’ve read from others who has a home delivery where they drop it off, take pictures of it to prove they actually delivered it, and leave.

I guess once I get the “delivery email”, I can choose to accept or reject electronically. My main concern is making payment. I’ll call Tesla this week lol
Lol thanks for sharing the text. I wouldn't want to make my down payment either without making sure the car is free of defects first...thats kind of tricky. I trust Tesla, but there have been way too many complaints regarding panel gaps and paint defects mainly.

Stopped by century city today and one of their associates was super helpful - said it was being built as we speak and to expect VIN in next two days w delivery 6/17 or 18. I got a peak into their system - def lots more info than what we see on our account page, so could be worth going in and asking. Technically wasn’t a SA that helped me, but one of the people in the back.

MYLR blue/white, standard, LA/MDR. Ordered 4/17. Hopefully this is good news for LA-based team blue.

Stopped by century city today and one of their associates was super helpful - said it was being built as we speak and to expect VIN in next two days w delivery 6/17 or 18. I got a peak into their system - def lots more info than what we see on our account page, so could be worth going in and asking. Technically wasn’t a SA that helped me, but one of the people in the back.

MYLR blue/white, standard, LA/MDR. Ordered 4/17. Hopefully this is good news for LA-based team blue.
That's wonderful news! What does your EDD say currently, just curious?

That’s great info. Will be stopping by Century City tomorrow! The guy at MDR wasn’t that helpful. Let’s go team blue! 😁

That’s super helpful! This morning, I texted my SA at the Burbank SC a super nice, “Hey-I-know-you’re-swamped” text to ask for an update on where the car is in the production process. Still haven’t heard back. Smh.