Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened to me. It’s not the end of the world. You’ll be assigned a new vin very shortly. There was likely a mix up on Tesla’s end. The Sept date is just a default value—it doesn’t mean much.
Thanks. TBH, I was a little surprised it came today considering there are SoCal folks waiting for the same config and I’m much closer to Fremont (hence later delivery). It does look like it happens fairly frequently (losing the VIN) and I’m not at all concerned with the September EDD (had that a couple days ago). Kinda works out as I’m heading out of town this week — I was told I’d get touchless delivery so I wouldn’t have to be there regardless. Hopefully a new one will populate soon.

Reactions: Emmadiane
It’s a great idea, unfortunately my BMW would be upside down in the deal (Carvana quote is $26K, my 330gt lease buyout is close to $28K).

My husband thinks we should turn in the bimmer to avoid paying CA registration for another year. I’m willing to roll the dice if we get a VIN before the lease is up.

…So the wait continues….
Try the dealer that sold it to you. I actually was underquoted by Carvana too

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I am in CA. and I am waiting so....

I've ordered the Tesla Wall charger and have a quote from my electrician. Trying to find credits for installing chargers. I know about the Federal Tax Credit, but what about State, PG&E or MCE credits. Anyone know? I've been researching but can't seem to find anything other than Rate deals. Any thoughts?