Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No worries, I am in the same situation. I contacted my SA, found out my delivery center (in my case it is the Dublin Tesla store) and contacted them to confirm delivery logistics. I specifically as about the process to initiate a reject/return if there are major issues with the car.
Did they say why it’s going to take so long for delivery? I was told a few times by both SA and Dublin DS that it would only be a day or two for delivery after VIN acquisition due to close proximity.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Hey y’all, it was crazy being in the pain of waiting with you guys. I finally picked her up, minor scratches that I was expecting since it’s black. I have an appointment for Tuesday to get them buffed. Other than that, no other issues. It drives amazing. Getting her tinted in the morning.

Attachments

• 9E98EFE2-B011-4871-800F-35750ACF531D.jpeg
    9E98EFE2-B011-4871-800F-35750ACF531D.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 8873929A-99B0-4DBA-B1CC-E48D3BF13404.jpeg
    8873929A-99B0-4DBA-B1CC-E48D3BF13404.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 33
Well ain’t this a kick in the crotch. I was just thinking “Hey, I should take a screenshot or write down the actual full VIN”. Went to my account page: VIN is gone and I’m back to the September EDD. I should have figured it was too good to be true. 👎
OMG, that is terrible! So sorry to hear that. I never thought I'd say this, but I really wish Tesla sold through dealers instead of directly.

Yeah I’m a bit confused on the home delivery process too. I’m financing through a credit union and they’re going to issue me a check to give to Tesla. How would I make the final payment if the delivery is contactless?

tesla sent me a text saying they will make me sign electronic documents the day prior to my
delivery appointment on June 20. The drop off will be completely contactless and I’ll get an email once the drop off is complete. The text even said I don’t even need to be home but I live in an apartment complex so I plan to be home to move it from street to the parking garage. So confused on this whole process haha
I contacted my SA. She told they'll drop off the car and you'll get a notification that car is available. You then have 24 hours to accept delivery. And then you have 100 miles to put in any defect service appointment for them to fix. I live in an apartment too btw.
What I'm planning is, get the car delivered. Do a thorough exterior check. Then make the down payment, and then accept delivery via the app.
Car will be unlocked then. Again do a interior thorough check. Take a drive, and look for any defects. Hoping there would be none.

Finally got my car and loving the white interior! Details:
  • Configuration: LR AWD White on White, no tow hitch, no FSD, 5 seater
  • Originally completed with Burbank, CA pickup
  • Order was placed April 9
  • VIN was assigned June 8
  • Text to schedule delivery came on June 9
  • Delivered June 13, no major issues found
  • Named Baymax
Picture time!

View attachment 673197
The white gets me every time. I’m not tinting my front windows too dark, so you can see the interior just a bit. It’s too pretty to hide 😊

Well ain’t this a kick in the crotch. I was just thinking “Hey, I should take a screenshot or write down the actual full VIN”. Went to my account page: VIN is gone and I’m back to the September EDD. I should have figured it was too good to be true. 👎
This happened to me. It’s not the end of the world. You’ll be assigned a new vin very shortly. There was likely a mix up on Tesla’s end. The Sept date is just a default value—it doesn’t mean much.