Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I called the Dublin delivery team to see if they had any info as to why my VIN showed up yesterday and then disappeared. The woman I spoke with said the VIN that appeared was a "pre production" VIN that can get assigned early if it shows that you're doing 3rd party financing. Basically so you can give that VIN to your financing company and get the money ready. I changed from 3rd party to Tesla financing about 3 weeks ago but she said there was still an "annotation" on my account that said I was doing 3rd party financing, hence the VIN. But then the system figured out (?) that I wasn't doing 3rd party and took it away.

Basically, she said I should still get my car in the next few weeks and that everything is good to go on my side -- just waiting for it to be built. Whatever. I'll believe it when I see it.

Ordered 4/8- Profile complete 6/5 due to system internal error
MY LR Red / Black Interior / 19" Wheels / 5 Seat / No Hitch
Estimated Delivery: 08/11-08/31
Fremont site - Home delivery
Reminder to folks to put your config and order date in your signature so you don't have to keep repeating it. If you're on mobile, you can view the signature in each post by rotating your phone to landscape.

We called many times last couple week and the rep told us that internal error blocked our order from profile complete.......
ordered on 04/08 but profile completes 06/05
anyone know if we got delayed due to late profile date?

"One rep says it does impact, two said no." (I don't trust them anymore)
How did you find out about the profile being incomplete? How can you tell that your profile is complete?

Ordered 5/27, completed profile on 5/28
Sacramento
MYLR, White/Black, 7 Seats, Gemini, No tow, FSD

EDD:
5/28 - 3-13 weeks
6/4 - July 24 - Aug 13
6/8 - July 8 - 28
6/9 - July 22 - Aug 11
6/10 - July 8 - 28
6/11 - June 18 - 30
6/12 - June 14 - 30
6/13 - June 15 - 30
6/14 - June 16 - 30
You're lucky. Thats a great EDD for a late May order. You have the same time as me and I'm early April.

Any thoughts on what it means if you've *never* had an actual delivery date range in your profile? My status page has been saying 2-13 weeks for the last week plus, and before that only had 6-9 weeks (when order first placed) or nothing at all for several weeks.

MYLR, Blue/Black, 19" wheels, 5 seat, no tow, no FSD (basically stock except color). Ordered 5/1 in store, profile/financing complete less than a week later. Located in SF Peninsula.

My EDD date changed again back to June 14th - June 30th. I’m praying we April folks get our Freakin Car Already!! 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
We called many times last couple week and the rep told us that internal error blocked our order from profile complete.......
ordered on 04/08 but profile completes 06/05
anyone know if we got delayed due to late profile date?

"One rep says it does impact, two said no." (I don't trust them anymore)
That is outrageous tbh.
Basically same as ordering in June when I ordered April which is due for delivery soon.
Hard to believe this

I placed an order in the beginning of May. EDD is now October. Doesn't give me faith in the company. Tempted to cancel my order and move on to a company with more experience building cars.
This train of thought is annoying. Literally go try and buy another car like a Tesla right now. Any other OEM. How many ID.4's do you see on the road? Mach-E's are tough if you do a fresh order, ones that are sitting on lots are 5-7K over MSRP. Ford Bronco's are basically vapor at this point.

There is a global parts shortage and Tesla has ONE factory. Everyone is waiting right now no matter who you are, and who you order from.

Delivery window WAS 6/13 to 6/30

However it was update this morning to a later date

Delivery window now IS 7/11 to 8/2.... WTF.
I ordered the same build as you, minus tow, on 4/9… Showing 7/18-8/07.. Makes no sense, especially seeing others here in CA with the exact build, who ordered over a month after, that already have theirs.. I honestly never thought I would say that I prefer the traditional car dealership model, but I have ordered MANY vehicles from them and never had the pure uncertainty and erratic changes that I have had with this order. There is absolutely ZERO correlation between order date/options/spec and delivery.. I’m convinced they draw our names out of a hat for delivery sequence.