Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MY was delivered about an hour ago. But look at this gap. Don't know what to do.
IMG_9182.jpeg

Reached out to my SA last week and this is the first time I have actually gotten a response from her - given that I've reached out three times. In a nutshell, I asked about my EDD and it's constant shift to a minimum of always one day away from delivery. She finally replied back this morning (note that I got the September push back change this morning too). Read into her response as much as you please, but the "changed the order flow" sounded odd to me:

Thanks for reaching out. We are continuing to see VINs get assigned now through June. Tesla has recently changed the order flow, so cars are arriving before the VIN's are assigned to customers. This should not affect your Delivery timeline but does mean we no longer get as much of a warning about when your car will arrive.

We have seen some minor delays due to the chip shortage but nothing to substantial at this time.

Everything is complete on your My Tesla account. We are waiting for the VINs to be assigned. We will reach out when a VIN is assigned to let you know the more precise Delivery window. Keep in mind that when the vehicle is on site, we can only hold it for a short amount of time, so things will move much faster.

Reached out to my SA last week and this is the first time I have actually gotten a response from her - given that I've reached out three times. In a nutshell, I asked about my EDD and it's constant shift to a minimum of always one day away from delivery. She finally replied back this morning (note that I got the September push back change this morning too). Read into her response as much as you please, but the "changed the order flow" sounded odd to me:
Every SA has a different story to tell…To me they sound like a bunch of conspiracy theorists now.

Reactions: ucsdsig
So I actually feel this is the case. If you take a look around Dublin, you'll see a number of lots filled with Model Y's - all specs. Getting the vibe that we'll all be getting VINs for cars that have been built, but have been sitting around in lots until EOQ.

My SA says this September thingy is nothing but a glitch. The "Last Two weeks of June" have been promised by many SAs based on their experience.
It seems to me they have only ONE truck bringing the cars to CA and they are not loading until the very same truck comes back from the delivery.

Like most of the people here, my EDD also changed to "September" as well.

I'm wondering if Tesla is currently prioritizing it's builds right now and putting the long range cars on hold while they build & deliver the performance (more profit) cars now.... which is still speculation, but it wouldn't be the first time Tesla did this.

Tesla's website shows Model S Plaid orders will/can get delivered in June if ordered now, and Model 3 and Model Y Performance versions are estimated at 1-10 weeks out for delivery. All of the 'long range' cars for Model 3, Y, and S all show an estimated delivery date of September if you order now.

I'm wondering if Tesla is currently prioritizing it's builds right now and putting the long range cars on hold while they build & deliver the performance (more profit) cars now.... which is still speculation, but it wouldn't be the first time Tesla did this.

Tesla's website shows Model S Plaid orders will/can get delivered in June if ordered now, and Model 3 and Model Y Performance versions are estimated at 1-10 weeks out for delivery. All of the 'long range' cars for Model 3, Y, and S all show an estimated delivery date of September if you order now.
Unfortunately, with this logic they would prioritize all of the new S Plaids, assuming they have the greatest profit margin. I don't think it's a secret that their production and logistics are maxed out, but I have been told several times by different SAs that my car will be here by the end of June.

But in a rather sad moment, I had a calendar reminder just pop up - when I first test drove and put my payment down, my SA told me I should expect June 16 delivery.

26E36D22-9A3F-4F69-A6D6-66F87282E157_4_5005_c.jpeg

Reactions: Greg007

Speaking of pure profit, has anyone changed their order to FSD? If not someone should do it, see if you get your big blue button right after :)