Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really hard to say what is going on in that picture. Is this the trunk? Can you post more pictures? Was this a home delivery?
Yes, it was home delivery. There's a gap on the left side of the trunk. You can only see it from side view, which is the angle I took the original photo from. The right side is completely flush (pic below is right side). It also looks completely aligned when you look at it straight on.

So I spoke with someone at Burbank Tesla and they had me open and close the trunk. Since there weren't any issues, they said it's an easy fix. I have an appointment for tomorrow am.

IMG_9183.jpeg

Reactions: ankit and Greg007
Yes, it was home delivery. There's a gap on the left side of the trunk. You can only see it from side view, which is the angle I took the original photo from. The right side is completely flush (pic below is right side). It also looks completely aligned when you look at it straight on.

So I spoke with someone at Burbank Tesla and they had me open and close the trunk. Since there weren't any issues, they said it's an easy fix. I have an appointment for tomorrow am.

View attachment 673673
I think this is an easy adjustment by remote service (or worst case a service center). Sounds like you already have an appt. Don't stress.

So I think this is a good sign that my VIN will stick around? They already created the MVPA so I can secure the payment and said should not be too long before the delivery.

View attachment 673411
Congrats on the VIN! How long after your VIN receipt until the Mvpa appeared? Got my VIN yesterday but still no agreement. Looks like we're two of the early Bay Area VIN placements before the flood of June VINs come for the rest in this forum 👏

Reactions: anka2021
This morning my EDD went to September.. Refreshed all day, and I got a blue button! Clicked to proceed with delivery and I HAVE A VIN!
EDD updated to 6/19 - 6/27
You're kidding me!! I have the same exact config and ordered on 4/17 for delivery at Temecula. This is crazy! Truly, it doesn't matter when you order I guess.

Happy for you though!

Last edited:
quick question on the elusive blue button...how does it come about? Example, say tomorrow morning, what should i check first, do i check my email and see if i got something from Tesla? Or, do i go to Tesla SSO - Sign In and log in? would i see it after i login? or would i see it after i click on manage?
Sadly I can answer this. When I got my VIN, I didn't get any kind of notification. I just happened to refresh the account page. The blue button will be in your existing car order page (after you click on manage). You can't miss it -- it will take over your page.

Reactions: buyinvestsell