Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, looks like some folks can use a pep talk here.

It's somewhat old data but as of October of last year, the estimated output of M3/MY in Fremont was 500,000 per year. Now we know that they're currently making more MYs than M3s right now but for the sake of argument, let's say that's split down the middle. So 250,000 MYs can be made in a year. That's 684 cars per day.

Now we all agree that Tesla is going to maximize the deliveries so they can be delivered in this quarter so they can recognize the revenue. So once we hit the the final seven days, that pretty much limits them to California -- maybe Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona -- in order to guarantee delivery by the 30th. Even if you include those other three states, I can almost guarantee you that 95% of the cars will be going to California. So 684 x 7 is 4788 cars. 4788 cars that should be delivered in the final week. And I really think this is on the low end considering they're making more MYs now and I'm sure their production capacity has increased in the last 9 months.

So in conclusion, I still think anyone that has a "by June 30th" date still has a really good chance of getting a car by that date. And even if you have a July or August date, I think there's still a shot too. There are a lot of people who are buying up these demo/showroom cars or who are just giving up all together. And that's one less car that's in front of you.

Ok, looks like some folks can use a pep talk here.

It's somewhat old data but as of October of last year, the estimated output of M3/MY in Fremont was 500,000 per year. Now we know that they're currently making more MYs than M3s right now but for the sake of argument, let's say that's split down the middle. So 250,000 MYs can be made in a year. That's 684 cars per day.

Now we all agree that Tesla is going to maximize the deliveries so they can be delivered in this quarter so they can recognize the revenue. So once we hit the the final seven days, that pretty much limits them to California -- maybe Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona -- in order to guarantee delivery by the 30th. Even if you include those other three states, I can almost guarantee you that 95% of the cars will be going to California. So 684 x 7 is 4788 cars. 4788 cars that should be delivered in the final week. And I really think this is on the low end considering they're making more MYs now and I'm sure their production capacity has increased in the last 9 months.

So in conclusion, I still think anyone that has a "by June 30th" date still has a really good chance of getting a car by that date. And even if you have a July or August date, I think there's still a shot too. There are a lot of people who are buying up these demo/showroom cars or who are just giving up all together. And that's one less car that's in front of you.
Probably the most intuitive thing I’ve read, good analysis and presumption let’s hope the past data really projects

My SA finally got back to me about the VIN disappearance. He confirmed (although probably just with the Dublin delivery team like I did) that there was still an annotation on my account about having 3rd party financing which is what triggered the early VIN. This is so you can give the VIN to your bank/CU and they can start the process of financing. They don't need to do this with Tesla-financed partners. So the way I see it is the system saw the annotation, gave me the VIN, and then some other system came around later in the day and said "Oh, he's actually going with Tesla financing. No VIN for you!!". He did say that there is a firm production date of 6/19 for me and that he said it's "firm" because it's an exact date and not a date range like he's been seeing in the past. That, and also the fact that we're nearing the end of the quarter so dates will firm up.

@anka2021 , I'm curious if you're doing cash or financing and if financing, are you doing Tesla or 3rd party? If the latter, that could explain the later delivery date and it was a pre-production VIN to get financing in order.
I was told two days ago I would get my VIN shortly after the June 21st. I log into my Tesla account daily. Today it said expected delivery Sept!!!! WTF??? I am calling in the morning!!!