Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you for the most part. Ride quality is subjective. Mach-E's aren't totally built on a EV platform, shortcuts were taken all over the car. I highly recommend you watch Sandy Munro's tear down. Glass roof's breaking from being stationary, heat related charging issues, I've seen 2-3 on lots with panel gaps folks on here whine about. Tesla's craftsmanship, even with production faults which seem almost non existent on 3/Y's right now, isn't as straightforward as you think.

The Mach-E just grabs random accessories from off the shelf suppliers used across their whole world wide line up vehicles. Tesla builds and designs every part in house. The Heat pump is unrivaled at this point. Ford's is a mess of a system and will cost you $1,000's to repair when its required. COE for Y is .23, Mach-E isn't even close at .3, it doesn't even beat the E-Tron which is a battery plopped onto a ICE frame and ICE body. UI is laughably slow and lags worst than the UI in my 2017 4Runner. Tesla is smooth, thought out and also gives you entertainment. I don't even think I have to touch on charging speed.

Craftsmanship isn't even close. Ford saw the writing on the wall and made a respectable option for those who don't do their research and refuse to like Tesla. Look its a good looking car, but to say its even in the same room as the Y when it comes to craftsmanship just flat out isn't true. Craftsmanship to me is when a car is designed from the ground up in house and works seamlessly. Their are details on the Y most folks don't even know about that will save you 4-5 miles of range. ;)
I have watched allll the videos as I've had a hell of a time deciding between the two. They each have their strong points. I do agree that the Y has been designed from ground up and Mach-E was built using parts already at their "disposal."

I do personally like the idea of buying from a car company that has been producing cars for a long time, and where you can go into a service place and talk to them, and actually get some information and a call back from someone when you have an issue.

And, as I said before, I obviously adore the Tesla. As much as I hate to admit it!

Everyone, you will get your car. There are tons of cars and Tesla is busy everywhere. Just here at Colma, CA and there are many Model Ys ready to be delivered. Checking every hour for an update isn’t helping. Maybe once a day. 😅

Attachments

• 8D35A488-ACD8-4F86-AF5C-455C4D7ECA17.jpeg
    8D35A488-ACD8-4F86-AF5C-455C4D7ECA17.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 62
I have watched allll the videos as I've had a hell of a time deciding between the two. They each have their strong points. I do agree that the Y has been designed from ground up and Mach-E was built using parts already at their "disposal."

I do personally like the idea of buying from a car company that has been producing cars for a long time, and where you can go into a service place and talk to them, and actually get some information and a call back from someone when you have an issue.

And, as I said before, I obviously adore the Tesla. As much as I hate to admit it!
For the past year or so, I had been going back and forth between the Tesla (for commute) and a truck (for utility). Honestly, had the Lightning been introduced before I placed the MY order, I think I may have seriously gone that route and just kept my existing car for a year longer. My only concern (and it goes with the Mach-E too) is that Tesla has over 10yrs experience with electric and battery cars. Ultimately I may go the Ford route for an electric truck. But I want them to through a few years/generations to work out the kinks.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you for the most part. Ride quality is subjective. Mach-E's aren't totally built on a EV platform, shortcuts were taken all over the car. I highly recommend you watch Sandy Munro's tear down. Glass roof's breaking from being stationary, heat related charging issues, I've seen 2-3 on lots with panel gaps folks on here whine about. Tesla's craftsmanship, even with production faults which seem almost non existent on 3/Y's right now, isn't as straightforward as you think.

The Mach-E just grabs random accessories from off the shelf suppliers used across their whole world wide line up vehicles. Tesla builds and designs every part in house. The Heat pump is unrivaled at this point. Ford's is a mess of a system and will cost you $1,000's to repair when its required. COE for Y is .23, Mach-E isn't even close at .3, it doesn't even beat the E-Tron which is a battery plopped onto a ICE frame and ICE body. UI is laughably slow and lags worst than the UI in my 2017 4Runner. Tesla is smooth, thought out and also gives you entertainment. I don't even think I have to touch on charging speed.

Craftsmanship isn't even close. Ford saw the writing on the wall and made a respectable option for those who don't do their research and refuse to like Tesla. Look its a good looking car, but to say its even in the same room as the Y when it comes to craftsmanship just flat out isn't true. Craftsmanship to me is when a car is designed from the ground up in house and works seamlessly. Their are details on the Y most folks don't even know about that will save you 4-5 miles of range. ;)
I have a friend who's Lexus SUV lease is coming up. She told me recently that she was thinking of getting the Mach E, that she drove a friend's Mach E and that she liked it. Since she had never driven a Tesla before, I went over to her house and let her drive my M3. Suffice it to say, she won't be going to the Ford dealership now. 😂

Congrats. You waited a month less than most folks who ordered from the Rocklin area.
True that. Ordered 4/19 and still nothing. Frustrating that order fulfillment seems to be random and whatever the production line decides to make. Spoke with Rocklin rep this morning and they did mention that they are getting "thousands" of cars in the next couple weeks. Who knows these days...

I almost pulled the trigger on an E-Tron a few months ago when Audi was blowing them out.

I eventually decided to get the MYP. But my neighbor got a crazy lease deal on the E-Tron. $500/mo, no money down, 12k miles per year on a $74k MSRP build. Too bad those deals are long gone.
They had those e-trons down to $385-ish a month with unlimited miles for CA people with Costco membership at the end of last year. Pretty crazy if you were able to snag one. You can look up the details on leasehackr.com if interested as it might happen again if they have excess. I don't think many are actually buying the e-tron. Why would you if the MY beats it on all specs?

They had those e-trons down to $385-ish a month with unlimited miles for CA people with Costco membership at the end of last year. Pretty crazy if you were able to snag one. You can look up the details on leasehackr.com if interested as it might happen again if they have excess. I don't think many are actually buying the e-tron. Why would you if the MY beats it on all specs?
Reasons to buy an eTron:
- you don't need the range AND
- you really love Audi OR
- you hate Tesla

There's a demo vehicle available in LA right now with 394 miles and it has the exact spec I ordered.... white, blk interior, 19" wheels, 5-seater, tow hitch, AP, listed at $53,380

I'm in no hurry to get it, plus it's $3480 more than what I paid for my build back in Feb.

I seriously considered
There's a demo vehicle available in LA right now with 394 miles and it has the exact spec I ordered.... white, blk interior, 19" wheels, 5-seater, tow hitch, AP, listed at $53,380

I'm in no hurry to get it, plus it's $3480 more than what I paid for my build back in Feb.

Gone now. ;) Saw the same car. Wished it had Inductions, and no tow.