Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last few days have been a roller coaster with my EDD.

It's either been early-Sep to late-Sep, or mid-Aug to early-Sep. A couple of times I saw it saying early-Aug but that was over a week ago. It mostly keeps fluctuating between mid-Aug to late-Sep.

I'm perfectly fine with a DD around that time, but just fine it amusing that it's literally a new adventure every single day with the EDD on my account.

I am doing a lease too and wondered if I should go the purchase route instead, and if that delays delivery. Will keep following your story :)

also, what do you mean by spreadsheet? I am new here and trying to understand how to translate or what the significance of the vins are (besides indicating you are close! What do the numbers tell you)?
There is a spreadsheet where we ask people to update their time so its easier for others to compare: Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker

VIN is an incremental value with each car they produce. Say you see someone with a VIN 90XXX and they report they are missing feature X. You can assume VINs of 90XXX+ will continue that trend.

Last week I spoke with my SA and he gave me a build date of 06/22 and a delivery date of 06/26. Well, today is my build date, where is my vin?
Yes, also my EDD pushed back a day. This has become a normal routine for Tesla.
and of course, they are not answering texts/calls. They all better have gone to Fremont to help the factory build our cars.

Update:
I was able to speak with my SA today after being on hold for long enough he said: Now your build date is on 06/26 and you will be getting your car by 06/30.

Results:
Now I am 100% certain, they don't know jack sh$t.

Last edited:
Last week I spoke with my SA and he gave me a build date of 06/22 and delivery date of 06/26. Well today is my build date, where is my vin?
Yes, also my EDD pushed back a day. This has become a normal routine for Tesla.
I get it. Was told build date on 06/17 with delivery text being sent by Friday 06/18 the latest. Still no VIN…
I’m the annoying persistent customer and called yesterday to see what the heck is going on and was told “you’ll get it by the end of the month.” I mentioned my loan expiring on 06/24 and the advisor just said “oh I understand but am pretty sure you’ll get it by the deadline.” When I asked for clarification on what he meant by the deadline (the 24th or the 30th) I got some vague response that Tesla is working hard to get people their orders. You can never get a straight or factual information from ANYONE!

I get it. Was told build date on 06/17 with delivery text being sent by Friday 06/18 the latest. Still no VIN…
I’m the annoying persistent customer and called yesterday to see what the heck is going on and was told “you’ll get it by the end of the month.” I mentioned my loan expiring on 06/24 and the advisor just said “oh I understand but am pretty sure you’ll get it by the deadline.” When I asked for clarification on what he meant by the deadline (the 24th or the 30th) I got some vague response that Tesla is working hard to get people their orders. You can never get a straight or factual information from ANYONE!
At least your SA responds. I placed an order at the Tesla store at Americana b/c the SA said he'd be in frequent contact and update me consistently.

Haha, yeah right. Guy is MIA and never returns texts or calls. Wish I would have just placed the order online so he wouldn't receive any credit for the sale.

I don't think I am getting my car before the end of the month even though it says June 24-30. Hopefully first 2 weeks of July. Wouldn't be surprised if its late July at this rate. Sorry for the pessimism 😄

SA at time of order estimated June 25 at time of order as the date I would receive the car. I don't know if they really know something we don't...starting to forget now. It'll come when it comes thing...no excitement anymore.

Edit: All of this is of course taking into account that you April guys havent taken delivery yet and even a March person I read got theirs finally yesterday! So hope you all get yours first.

Last edited:
At least your SA responds. I placed an order at the Tesla store at Americana b/c the SA said he'd be in frequent contact and update me consistently.

Haha, yeah right. Guy is MIA and never returns texts or calls. Wish I would have just placed the order online so he wouldn't receive any credit for the sale.
That’s funny because our SA is at Americana also and has been MIA!
Our initial one ghosted us and we found out later she no longer worked there and the new SA said he would be happy to help us out and after that we haven’t been able to reach him via phone, text or email! What a joke! And when I’ve called Americana and mentioned the SA doesn’t respond they don’t even say the generic customer service response of “I’m sorry about that let me see what is going”.
For any updates, I call Burbank delivery (press 4) and speak to whoever answers. They have so far been the most “helpful”.

Reactions: ucsdsig
I don't think I am getting my car before the end of the month even though it says June 24-30. Hopefully first 2 weeks of July. Wouldn't be surprised if its late July at this rate. Sorry for the pessimism 😄

With Tesla, there's always a chance as a lot of stuff happens during the last 2-3 days of the quarter.

When I bought & finalized my Model 3 order on 3/29/20, I had the blue button on 3/30 and a delivery window given to me later that day for a 3/31 delivery (my car was delivered to my house at 8:30pm on 3/31). Although that was a different time when demand wasn't as high.

EOQ numbers are still very important to Tesla so they'll try to make as many deliveries as they can before July 1, even if that means getting the car to you the evening of June 30. With home deliveries, most people won't reject the car and will accept delivery, so Tesla is doing more of these to get them to customers.

Reactions: Doge_2_moon
That’s funny because our SA is at Americana also and has been MIA!
Our initial one ghosted us and we found out later she no longer worked there and the new SA said he would be happy to help us out and after that we haven’t been able to reach him via phone, text or email! What a joke! And when I’ve called Americana and mentioned the SA doesn’t respond they don’t even say the generic customer service response of “I’m sorry about that let me see what is going”.
For any updates, I call Burbank delivery (press 4) and speak to whoever answers. They have so far been the most “helpful”.
Haha, glad I'm not alone. Funny how this thread provides so much more useful information compared to my SA. Thanks for the tip about Burbank.

With Tesla, there's always a chance as a lot of stuff happens during the last 2-3 days of the quarter.

When I bought & finalized my Model 3 order on 3/29/20, I had the blue button on 3/30 and a delivery window given to me later that day for a 3/31 delivery (my car was delivered to my house at 8:30pm on 3/31). Although that was a different time when demand wasn't as high.

EOQ numbers are still very important to Tesla so they'll try to make as many deliveries as they can before July 1, even if that means getting the car to you the evening of June 30. With home deliveries, most people won't reject the car and will accept delivery, so Tesla is doing more of these to get them to customers.
Maaaan why are you giving me this hope 😄. I was trying to accept that it'll get it here when it gets here you know. Now I'll be on edge until EOD June 30th.

OMG it's almost here!
1624391805303.png