Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my red MY LR with 4 miles on the odometer in a parking garage in Irvine for my Costa Mesa order yesterday at 4:30 PM. I went through the checklist this morning and everything looks really good besides a few minor issues I'll try to get taken care of with a service appointment:
  • Small dot/bubble in the paint on the rear life gate
  • Key cards were warped
  • Small squeak in the rear passenger seat
I had to clean the windows, remove some small pieces of tape/plastic around the bottom of a door and up in glass roof headliner. The wheels under the plastic caps hadn't been cleaned (typical brake dust) so I had to wash them when putting on my center caps and lug nut covers. Overall the car looks great given the horror stories I have read on the forums and Tesla's reputation for quality control.

The car barely fits in our garage - it's a lot longer than expected as my wife has a Toyota RAV4 and I thought they would be similar in size but it goes much deeper.
I forgot a couple of other minor issues (but can't edit my post):
  • The plastic cover above the front trunk was barely secured as my friend wiggled it and it came off. All of the plastic clips were undone, so likely they opened it for something and didn't close it up.
  • The driver's rear door needs to be closed hard to shut all the way. From other threads it seems like the door seals may need time to adjust so I'll give it a few months.

“Production delayed"
F0030AA6-C1B1-45D1-9D10-2A43F780349D_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
I forgot a couple of other minor issues (but can't edit my post):
  • The plastic cover above the front trunk was barely secured as my friend wiggled it and it came off. All of the plastic clips were undone, so likely they opened it for something and didn't close it up.
  • The driver's rear door needs to be closed hard to shut all the way. From other threads it seems like the door seals may need time to adjust so I'll give it a few months.
Congrats!
What's up with the keycards 🤯 I believe @Greg007 had the same problem??
Did you have an option to do home delivery at all when they called you for delivery?
I'm due soon at Costa Mesa as well

Congrats!
What's up with the keycards 🤯 I believe @Greg007 had the same problem??
Did you have an option to do home delivery at all when they called you for delivery?
I'm due soon at Costa Mesa as well
They were probably left on the dash when it was really hot.

No option for home delivery as I’m in Orange. There were a lot of people taking delivery in the parking structure.

Reactions: Greg007
Have u been waiting since April 19th? Like, did u complete all the steps immediately?
YES since Apr 19...
All I did so far is click the blue button then I saw the VIN. I haven't processed my payment or anything else yet because there isn't an option on my account yet. My current EDD went from September yesterday to June 29-30. I did text my SA as soon as I saw my VIN but I haven't heard back yet.