Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh super bummed. EDD has been showing September for 5 days now so I went into the Woodland Hills showroom to ask an SA and he said delivery is showing 7/16-17. Ordered 5/1 and completed profile 5/10. Delivery had been consistently 6/25-30 and that was confirmed by an SA a month ago. Now delivery just pushed back 3 weeks like that. My only Summer vacation is planned for the week in July and it means reapplying for financing. This process has been ridiculous. Zero communication when buying a $55k car is crazy. Also SA told me today that the EDD on the account page is meaningless. Someone tell me this guy could be wrong haha.

Congrats man! Sorry, but I just had to vent because you mentioned Costa Mesa and thats my delivery center. Im sure it'll be fine, enjoy the car. 🙂
Oh man, now I feel like I took your car! Yeah, I'm sure it will all work out and totally get every once of frustration. You know what, with my luck, this one will probably have the panel gaps the size of quarters and rattle like an instrument.

Not to sound like a sour apple but many of our S.A.'s must be incompetent. I have the same build (ordered 5/2) and there are people from April without cars. Good for you obviously but I dont get wtf is going on...this is stupid. Are the SA's playing favorites or have more to do with this or is it Tesla. F@*$ this system.
I feel your pain, but this is nothing compared to what it was like a couple years ago when the 3 was rolled out.

Reactions: Doge_2_moon
Got an unpleasant call from Tesla Burbank. I was scheduled for pickup of car at Burbank tomorrow but the SC said I had been prematurely matched to a VIN for vehicle that wasn’t for delivery/existed.

they are going to try to internally to match to an existing car but no promises. I leave for vacation Sunday morning for two weeks and this is beyond frustrating. Have a strong feeling I will have to hold my order until I get back and result in a sept delivery at the earliest :/

I get that Tesla vehicles are in their own ev world apart from competitors but this really doesn’t make it ok for this s***y level of customer service. How do they knowingly give out cars and schedule delivery for a car that never existed or was ready for delivery? That too telling the customer less than 24 hours before delivery
Pre-maturely or they gave your VIN to somebody else? Its annoying and frustrating that some of the SA seemed to not know anything about our orders. They keep giving generic, half-a***d answers.

Ugh super bummed. EDD has been showing September for 5 days now so I went into the Woodland Hills showroom to ask an SA and he said delivery is showing 7/16-17. Ordered 5/1 and completed profile 5/10. Delivery had been consistently 6/25-30 and that was confirmed by an SA a month ago. Now delivery just pushed back 3 weeks like that. My only Summer vacation is planned for the week in July and it means reapplying for financing. This process has been ridiculous. Zero communication when buying a $55k car is crazy. Also SA told me today that the EDD on the account page is meaningless. Someone tell me this guy could be wrong haha.
Honestly speaking, SA and what shows on the page are both meaningless. They will give you an “estimate” other than what we see on our page. And when they don’t meet their “estimate” they’ll say there’s a delay and will give you us an update “soon”.

Got an unpleasant call from Tesla Burbank. I was scheduled for pickup of car at Burbank tomorrow but the SC said I had been prematurely matched to a VIN for vehicle that wasn’t for delivery/existed.

they are going to try to internally to match to an existing car but no promises. I leave for vacation Sunday morning for two weeks and this is beyond frustrating. Have a strong feeling I will have to hold my order until I get back and result in a sept delivery at the earliest :/

I get that Tesla vehicles are in their own ev world apart from competitors but this really doesn’t make it ok for this s***y level of customer service. How do they knowingly give out cars and schedule delivery for a car that never existed or was ready for delivery? That too telling the customer less than 24 hours before delivery

Sounds like what happened to my order back in March (which I still have on order from Feb). I was assigned a VIN, paid the ACH and was set for delivery. Then the VIN was removed and the delivery update on my account was removed, and the SC called me the day before saying the car is no longer available and that I have been put back into the queue. Nothing from any SA through all of this.

Currently my EDD is saying mid/late August, and remember this was from a March delivery on a Feb order, so I feel your pain.

Honestly speaking, SA and what shows on the page are both meaningless. They will give you an “estimate” other than what we see on our page. And when they don’t meet their “estimate” they’ll say there’s a delay and will give you us an update “soon”.
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking but he showed me his computer screen that looked like semi-official looking order sheet with columns and dates haha. Still hoping that info isn't accurate but I guess we'll see.

Got my delivery appt confirmed for tomorrow. Considering selling my existing car tonight. Am I tempting fate here?

I know the chances I will reject delivery are low, but in that unlikely event I don't like the alternative of having to rent/borrow a car if something goes wrong with delivery.
I’m in the same boat as you. Gonna wait a day or so before selling in case there is any issues with delivery tomorrow!

Sounds like what happened to my order back in March (which I still have on order from Feb). I was assigned a VIN, paid the ACH and was set for delivery. Then the VIN was removed and the delivery update on my account was removed, and the SC called me the day before saying the car is no longer available and that I have been put back into the queue. Nothing from any SA through all of this.

Currently my EDD is saying mid/late August, and remember this was from a March delivery on a Feb order, so I feel your pain.
Oh wow it hurt to read this. I am so sorry.
I was just thinking that if I had paid the balanced owed already would I have gotten my car but clearly it doesn’t matter to Tesla whether one has paid for it or not. That is just horrible: Tesla needs to clean up their act.

I’m so close to going the BMW route - their service makes the ICE vehicle almost worth it. Compared to this ongoing heartburn

Pre-maturely or they gave your VIN to somebody else? Its annoying and frustrating that some of the SA seemed to not know anything about our orders. They keep giving generic, half-a***d answers.
First he said prematurely - saying the email I got and all I was premature. Then halfway through my grilling/frustration he said it was matched elsewhere already and system error. Clearly they aren’t told consistent things - when I called him back after missing his call he had me on hold to speak to someone and was gone for a good 10 minutes

I didn’t want to put my frustration on the poor SC but poor guy got the brunt of it

Oh wow it hurt to read this. I am so sorry.
I was just thinking that if I had paid the balanced owed already would I have gotten my car but clearly it doesn’t matter to Tesla whether one has paid for it or not. That is just horrible: Tesla needs to clean up their act.

I’m so close to going the BMW route - their service makes the ICE vehicle almost worth it. Compared to this ongoing heartburn
First he said prematurely - saying the email I got and all I was premature. Then halfway through my grilling/frustration he said it was matched elsewhere already and system error. Clearly they aren’t told consistent things - when I called him back after missing his call he had me on hold to speak to someone and was gone for a good 10 minutes

I didn’t want to put my frustration on the poor SC but poor guy got the brunt of it

I got the Vin yesterday and the blue button. I paid through ACH shortly after. Was told the delivery center would reach out to me to schedule the pick up. Also was told they are only doing self pick up, no home delivery. Wonder if I should stop by the DC, an hour away, to see what is going on. I hope the car which I paid for is still there and is a new car. Only for Tesla, would have walked away from this whole ordeal a long time ago if it were anyone else.

Reactions: JustYNot

I just had the same experience today. Black/Black 20" ordered on 5/8, completed everything same day. Received VIN 222 on Sunday afternoon with a delivery for 7/30/21. I immediately setup insurance, paid ACH, signed my contract this morning and after logging in this afternoon my VIN is gone and my EDD is now September. Again I already paid insurance in anticipation of driving the vehicle tomorrow and now I don't even have a VIN.

I called a SA at Burbank who told me that there were unforeseen changes at the factory and that they were sincerely sorry for the mistake. I asked why I received a VIN. Again, received the same ambiguous answer. After a brief hold he told me that they were putting an emergency request on a car and that it should be made tonight (VIN tonight) with potential delivery late tomorrow night or later this week.

The reality is they likely made a mistake and gave my vehicle to someone else.

This has left a very unpleasant taste in my mouth at this point as this is beyond poor customer service.

Got my delivery appt confirmed for tomorrow. Considering selling my existing car tonight. Am I tempting fate here?

I know the chances I will reject delivery are low, but in that unlikely event I don't like the alternative of having to rent/borrow a car if something goes wrong with delivery.
I got mine delivered yesterday and it looked great. Took it for a ride, and someone scrapped against my back bumper within 20 minutes in a parking lot.
womp womp.... gonna have to send it in for repairs already!
I'm still keeping my old car around for a few more weeks. Accidents happen, there's no rush to sell your car, but there's always rentals later if you're ok with that.

Model Y - AWD 5 seater, Red, 20" Induction Wheels, no tow-hitch
Order date 4/26, Profile complete 5/1

I just had the same experience today. Black/Black 20" ordered on 5/8, completed everything same day. Received VIN 222 on Sunday afternoon with a delivery for 7/30/21. I immediately setup insurance, paid ACH, signed my contract this morning and after logging in this afternoon my VIN is gone and my EDD is now September. Again I already paid insurance in anticipation of driving the vehicle tomorrow and now I don't even have a VIN.

I called a SA at Burbank who told me that there were unforeseen changes at the factory and that they were sincerely sorry for the mistake. I asked why I received a VIN. Again, received the same ambiguous answer. After a brief hold he told me that they were putting an emergency request on a car and that it should be made tonight (VIN tonight) with potential delivery late tomorrow night or later this week.

The reality is they likely made a mistake and gave my vehicle to someone else.

This has left a very unpleasant taste in my mouth at this point as this is beyond poor customer service.
At least we are all in this together. All of this madness just to push EOQ numbers?