Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not totally convinced Tesla uses your order date to decide when you get your vehicle. I ordered my model Y back in June 2020 however I put in hold until 6/29/21. Once my account update it it showed me a delivery date of 7/5-7/24 (held steady for 5 days) then now it says 9/13-9/30. I ordered a white model y, 20” wheels, black interior, 5 seats, fsd, no tow.

I'm pretty sure they are working with MOQs (minimum order quantities) for manufacturing and that's affecting a lot of people. For example they are waiting for some calculated number of white interiors to be ordered before they manufacture. But they won't make too many either. There's calculation about material costs, warehouse costs, transport costs, etc. Obviously they will be making black seats more often than white seats.

They probably do the same thing with paint color, wheels, tow packages etc.

So my guess is on the white/white order, they had an MOQ for white MY, but they had no white seats in stock and hadn't reached the MOQ for seats. So my car missed that manufacture run and will have to wait until the seats are made, then the next set of white MY are built.

I would be pretty interesting to get the absolute most common configuration from the spreadsheet and see how fast you get the car.

That's all 100% speculation, but I do know a few people in manufacturing.

Reactions: Whitebeard
Update: got delivery text for July 13-15 in bay area
Your delivery text at least implies they are still moving cars here (even if slowly).

Congrats on the delivery, but that's my thought as well where Tesla must be currently building more Model Y cars at this time, so that's a good sign. Especially since there has been ZERO inventory in the entire US for Model Y cars (both new or used from Tesla) for the past week now.

When did you order?
04/2019 for LR RWD, changed to LR AWD 3/2021 (thinking this is my order date) and some how my order was placed on hold by Tesla. That was fine for me since I was waiting for the new headlights but it seems like those won't come for a while so I released my hold on 7/8/21 thinking I would get Sept delivery seeing all the posts here and that deliveries for CA are usually at the end of the quarter which would have been fine since I am WFH until then but things moved quickly and some how I am already getting delivery after a few days after releasing my order...

Reactions: LSJR
Not sure if it’s kosher to blast his email on a public forum but if I were you, I would maybe try calling the general store number (or email) and see if someone else could help you out. Like I said, I’m skeptical but as PaleBlueDot said, the date he gave could be based on my particular config.
Why don’t you just PM him the info or ask the SA if it’s okay to give his contact to another person you’ve met with the same build to assist.

My EDD slipped from July 12-30 to July 14-Aug 3 this morning. No big surprise (as no VIN, communication, anything), but hoping reports of early May orders closing in on dates is a real thing. Your delivery text at least implies they are still moving cars here (even if slowly).

Ordered 4/26 with completed profile of 4/26. Was suppose to take delivery in June for Q2 but that never happened. Still waiting for vin... this month has gone from July 8-24, 9-24, 10-24, 12-23, and this morning it is not July 13-26.

65 days from order.. No VIN. most people have gotten their VIN before 70 days, when I sort the spreadsheet.. I hope..

I hope that production didn't slow down to much after EOQ. I'm hoping to see more deliveries than what happened last week.

Reactions: JustYNot
Well, I was in the Brea and inquired with an SA about my car and from their body language and the way they acted, they simply don’t know anything. They definitely put up a good front but, it must be hard to always be bombarded by people always hounding them about where their cars are at.

best to just try and forget about constantly refreshing the Tesla website and just wait.

Reactions: SDM44
04/2019 for LR RWD, changed to LR AWD 3/2021 (thinking this is my order date) and some how my order was placed on hold by Tesla. That was fine for me since I was waiting for the new headlights but it seems like those won't come for a while so I released my hold on 7/8/21 thinking I would get Sept delivery seeing all the posts here and that deliveries for CA are usually at the end of the quarter which would have been fine since I am WFH until then but things moved quickly and some how I am already getting delivery after a few days after releasing my order...
Wow! Congrats! Same build here, except I have TOW, so I got a bit excited. 😬

I got assigned a VIN today and on my birthday lol.

My EDD is showing October (at 6 AM it showed July 15-17), but after talk to the SA that is a glitch (hopefully)

OD: April 25
VIN Date: July 11

Hopefully, I will have it by next weekend :)

I would say add 2-3 months from your OD at this point, but I will talk more
Happy birthday and congratulations 🎉

Reactions: neilmeetsworld
Yesterday I had an EDD of Aug 29 - Sept 21, today it changed back to July 12 - July 31. Prior to that it was July 10 - July 31st. These fluctuations seems to be so random. FWIW - my SA had been telling me that I have a build date scheduled for July 14th, so will see..