Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One trend I'm starting to notice is that almost everyone in this thread frustrated with their wait time has white paint... the one thing I have notice and heard of is that more expensive specs (Performance, FSD, etc...) seem to be getting preferential delivery times...
I think margins are high in performance and config with colours other than white.

But... there were actually quite a few white paint deliveries at end of Q2 - at least according to the spreadsheet which I don't trust 100%. Also, I perused through the delivery dates vs wait times vs configurations and I'm not convinced that the you can make a correlation between profit and manufacturing expediency. Not with EOQ deliveries either.

Also, even though performance is more expensive than long range, I assume there is also a difference in manufacturing/parts cost. The difference in profit is probably only a small percentage of the difference in car price. I still believe it mostly comes down to parts availability and MOQs.

I'm pretty positive that EDD calculations are automated, and based on real data - number of various parts in car orders vs number of parts in the warehouse, lead times for part manufacture, shipping, customs, etc. Obviously, their algorithms aren't perfect, but they are probably actually fairly good for most. My EDD just went from 9/13-9/30 to 9/14-9/30. There is no way a human would have made that adjustment. And there's no way that a human would go through on a regular basis and actually check and update everyone's EDD. I'm pretty sure the SAs are using the same type of automated calculations, although they may have access to more data, such as which configurations are actually planned for manufacturing in the near future. But even those days can slip.

So... chill out everyone.
Let’s just hope the team that designed/coded the EDD logic is different than the team that works on TACC/FSD.

Hi everyone! LA resident here, with delivery from Burbank.

I just received my VIN! I wanted to post here since this forum has been so helpful in terms of providing insights and transparency.

My car config: MYLR Red, Inductions, White seats, no hitch, no FSD

Completed the order and profile on 5/16.

Similar story to many here! Started with an EDD of June, then it moved to July, and then had the wacky times of September EDDs. Didn’t get my deliver at end of quarter :( … It finally settled around mid July, with every day shifting by a day. Th last EDD was July 14 - August 1st.

Today I received my VIN! I immediately went into annoying mode and called the Tesla store in Glendale. Not very helpful. Then I called Burbank and they were very helpful. Told me the car was still in Fremont and that the earliest I can schedule delivery is Saturday. It may change as they made sure to mention. However, the car will be delivered. I’m not able to pick up. They are transitioning to this more and more, according to the person I spoke to…He mentioned that it allows for more flexibility on their end too.

SO, I am scheduled for a delivery on Saturday. I haven’t paid yet but will probably do so tonight, if possible. Hopefully this provides some good information to all of you.

Let me know if there are any questions.

I just received my VIN! I wanted to post here since this forum has been so helpful in terms of providing insights and transparency.
Did you put your info in the order tracker spreadsheet yet? :)

My car config: MYLR Red, Inductions, White seats, no hitch, no FSD

Completed the order and profile on 5/16.

Similar story to many here! Started with an EDD of June, then it moved to July, and then had the wacky times of September EDDs. Didn’t get my deliver at end of quarter :( … It finally settled around mid July, with every day shifting by a day. Th last EDD was July 14 - August 1st.

Today I received my VIN! I immediately went into annoying mode and called the Tesla store in Glendale. Not very helpful. Then I called Burbank and they were very helpful. Told me the car was still in Fremont and that the earliest I can schedule delivery is Saturday. It may change as they made sure to mention. However, the car will be delivered. I’m not able to pick up. They are transitioning to this more and more, according to the person I spoke to…He mentioned that it allows for more flexibility on their end too.

SO, I am scheduled for a delivery on Saturday. I haven’t paid yet but will probably do so tonight, if possible. Hopefully this provides some good information to all of you.

Let me know if there are any questions.
that's incredible! congrats! i also have a burbank pickup, but no VIN yet. ordered 5/6, MYLR in white, everything stock and no fsd. someone else on this forum also mentioned that burbank is doing deliveries now and no pickup, so interesting to see it confirmed - curious to see how that works for us since we live in a townhouse with a 2-car garage that opens out into an alleyway and a generally packed residential street on the opposite side.

Well I just did a thing..... ordered a Performance Model Y, just to see which one I will be able to take delivery of first.

The EDD on my LR currently shows Sep 9 - Sep 29 as of today, and my account was finalized back on 2/21.
The EDD on the Perf currently says 7-11 weeks as of today, and I just now finalized the order on 7/14.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Perf gets built first and is available in early August, and then the LR gets built and becomes available 4-6 weeks later. But for the nominal price difference (at least to me), it's not worth my time to wait the extra time as we'll need a car soon since we've been down to 1 car for awhile now.

So whichever car arrives first will be what I buy. Worst case I'm out only $100, as it's worth it to game the system and see if it'll help me.

Did you put your info in the order tracker spreadsheet yet? :)

DONE! Thank you!

that's incredible! congrats! i also have a burbank pickup, but no VIN yet. ordered 5/6, MYLR in white, everything stock and no fsd. someone else on this forum also mentioned that burbank is doing deliveries now and no pickup, so interesting to see it confirmed - curious to see how that works for us since we live in a townhouse with a 2-car garage that opens out into an alleyway and a generally packed residential street on the opposite side.
Likewise! I live in an apartment complex. I guess I can open our shared garage and tell them to drive it up to my spot, or meet them downstairs if it’s sunny so I can use that handy checklist I found and look for issues. Hopefully there are none.

I think they will just park it nearby. Around the block, and give you the location.

Let me start with my apologies to whoever ordered before me and is still waiting. I just got my VIN (minutes ago)!!! 229XXX EDD today - July 19th.
Dude, you have an order from April!! Nothing to apologize for! Congrats!