Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to find out when my profile was completed? I know I ordered on May 8th. However, I’m not sure when I completed my profile.

I could be wrong, but don’t they put you in the queue once your profile is complete? So that would be may for you, and the rest of us may orders are also still waiting.
I don't think so, because some people don't finish the financing piece until they received the VIN.
Is there a way to find out when my profile was completed? I know I ordered on May 8th. However, I’m not sure when I completed my profile.
I believe on the order agreement. You can see the when you placed the order.

I did! Many times in email and by the phone. He told me this “yeahh, it looks like we are looking at September delivery” and I was like what?? He say did you look in the inventory or maybe you want to put your car on hold and take delivery another time if you cannot wait.

I just wanted to cry....
I am right here with you crying, seriously. I hate to even look at my EDD or call them these days - always bad news and more lies.

they were not closed today afaik. i called burbank after receiving my VIN to switch from cash to financing and emailing/texting/calling my assigned sa all morning got no response from him. talked to a helpful sa at burbank who was immediately able to switch me to financing and told me my vehicle is en route from the factory. he also apologized profusely about the delays and the whole process being a bit of a mess...guessing they've gotten a lot of calls about this and have dealt with a lot of flack (understandably so).
Ohhh got it. I will try Burbank tomorrow and maybe they can look into my account. Thank you!

I am right here with you crying, seriously. I hate to even look at my EDD or call them these days - always bad news and more lies.
Right! It's so frustrating. No one says anything and when I start getting a little hope, I look at my account and there you go my EDD gets pushed way far!
They are not taking us seriously. I’m getting so much anxiety because I don't know who else to call or email. They definitely need to know The status of your car If it's in production, etc....

Reactions: jp2021
Right! It's so frustrating. No one says anything and when I start getting a little hope, I look at my account and there you go my EDD gets pushed way far!
They are not taking us seriously. I’m getting so much anxiety because I don't know who else to call or email. They definitely need to know The status of your car If it's in production, etc....
I wouldnt be so nice to them if I were in your shoes. I would be calling everyday, demanding where my vehicle was if I hit the 3 month mark, because that’s what they told me the upper bound was when I ordered the car.

alright folks - meet white walker. Sorry for the side pic. We realized quite late that it was indeed our car and not a neighbor’s guest..smh. We were thinking “someone” would knock at out doors and hand us the keys 🤦‍♂️! Our car is near perfect quality wise - some minor blemishes but nothing serious. it DOES have the biodefence mode! I consider that as a reward for the long wait! For financing i did what most do - got DCU approval (1.24%) and ended up getting rate matched with Tesla and surprisingly got a 72 months! All the best to you all and I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Side note - if you are looking for the side ppf’s that Tesla sells (currently unavailable)- i have a new unopened box, which i decided not to use. I am willing to sell it at the purchase price to someone who can pick it up from Dublin, CA. PM me if you need it. I decided to go with full ppf/ceramic for the rear doors.

Attachments

• 3DD3805C-EA00-45A7-BC0F-E06E565B39AB.jpeg
    3DD3805C-EA00-45A7-BC0F-E06E565B39AB.jpeg
    762.5 KB · Views: 66
This is the way.
they were not closed today afaik. i called burbank after receiving my VIN to switch from cash to financing and emailing/texting/calling my assigned sa all morning got no response from him. talked to a helpful sa at burbank who was immediately able to switch me to financing and told me my vehicle is en route from the factory. he also apologized profusely about the delays and the whole process being a bit of a mess...guessing they've gotten a lot of calls about this and have dealt with a lot of flack (understandably so).
They weren’t closed / I literally call the century city location all the time and they never pick up - always goes to voicemail. They’re done dealing with people like me wondering why their EDD for pushed by 6 weeks

alright folks - meet white walker. Sorry for the side pic. We realized quite late that it was indeed our car and not a neighbor’s guest..smh. We were thinking “someone” would knock at out doors and hand us the keys 🤦‍♂️! Our car is near perfect quality wise - some minor blemishes but nothing serious. it DOES have the biodefence mode! I consider that as a reward for the long wait! For financing i did what most do - got DCU approval (1.24%) and ended up getting rate matched with Tesla and surprisingly got a 72 months! All the best to you all and I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Side note - if you are looking for the side ppf’s that Tesla sells (currently unavailable)- i have a new unopened box, which i decided not to use. I am willing to sell it at the purchase price to someone who can pick it up from Dublin, CA. PM me if you need it. I decided to go with full ppf/ceramic for the rear doors.
I can pickup from Dublin! I work in Dublin. Message me and I can send over my number to arrange pickup

I don't think so, because some people don't finish the financing piece until they received the VIN.
I think you have to select some form of payment to complete your profile. Seems a lot of people do cash and then switch to finance when they have a delivery date scheduled. Again, I could be wrong. But it probably explains your EDD

This.

In order to finalize your order, you have to complete the financing/payment part. Most people will do the Tesla financing and eventually get upset later on when their delivery is taking more than 60 days, and their loan terms are expiring. Some people (and people on this board or in the FB groups, because they do their homework) will select Cash to finalize their order and then worry about their payment options later. By selecting Cash (or Self Arranged Financing), you'll be able to get a MVPA that you can use towards another auto loan, and then rate match it with Tesla to get a better APR and then stick with Tesla financing since it's usually easier unless you're established with a CU or a specific bank.

I haven't seen anywhere that says when your account was finalized, only when you started your order and put the deposit down (it's listed on your Order Agreement). However, once you finalize your payment option, then the next day is when you'll see an EDD on your account. I just went through this for a 2nd time yesterday when I placed another order for a Perf this time, just to see which car will arrive first...... right now the Perf EDD is much sooner than the LR EDD.

I believe on the order agreement. You can see the when you placed the order.
according to what i've read on here and from participating on the model y subreddit for the last 3-6 months, it seems like tesla does wait until you complete your profile to initiate the order. the recurring advice i saw was to order with cash (to avoid any snags with completing your profile), and then swap to financing once you secure a VIN. having put down cash when i initially ordered, my sales associate hounded me for the next 24 hours to complete my profile, texting me and emailing constantly to complete it...then once i completed it, he ghosted me. had to have another sa change my order from cash to financing once i got a VIN today, but from my personal experience, and also from the teslike spreadsheet, it does seem like profile completion date makes a difference. but also, who knows! trying to stay optimistic through it all and find solace through the chaos.

This looks like Dublin, am I right? lol.

Also, how did it work exactly to get Tesla to match DCU? Did you have to send DCU your final purchase agreement first?
I got approved by DCU, and then they said next step was to get the purchase agreement from Tesla once I had a VIN and they'd finalize the loan. I have no approval documents or anything yet

How much down did you put down to get that rate and for 72 months? Feel free to PM me if it’s confidential. Thanks!

This looks like Dublin, am I right? lol.

Also, how did it work exactly to get Tesla to match DCU? Did you have to send DCU your final purchase agreement first?
I got approved by DCU, and then they said next step was to get the purchase agreement from Tesla once I had a VIN and they'd finalize the loan. I have no approval documents or anything yet
Yes - its Dublin

Here is the sequence I followed -

a. Got VIN assigned
b. Called up my SA to ensure MVPA gets generated, appeared after a couple of hours
c. Uploaded that to the Loan Application on DCU portal
d. Called up DCU ( extremely long wait times) to get the loan docs/make sure you dial ext 9501 which is the loan dept.
e. Received docs next day in email for e-sign
f. Sent that to [email protected]
g. They reviewed and matched the rate. I was lucky to get 72 months, as I heard they either do 60 or 72 months. DCUs approval was for 65 months
h. Once everything got settled with Tesla, called up DCU to inform I wont be going fwd with the loan
i. DCU sent the loan cancellation email

Reactions: SDM44 and Greg007
Yes - its Dublin

Here is the sequence I followed -

a. Got VIN assigned
b. Called up my SA to ensure MVPA gets generated, appeared after a couple of hours
c. Uploaded that to the Loan Application on DCU portal
d. Called up DCU ( extremely long wait times) to get the loan docs/make sure you dial ext 9501 which is the loan dept.
e. Received docs next day in email for e-sign
f. Sent that to [email protected]
g. They reviewed and matched the rate. I was lucky to get 72 months, as I heard they either do 60 or 72 months. DCUs approval was for 65 months
h. Once everything got settled with Tesla, called up DCU to inform I wont be going fwd with the loan
i. DCU sent the loan cancellation email
Perfect, thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know :)
I got the same rate quote from DCU for 65 months as well, so once I get a VIN I'll follow your steps :)
I've waited on the call for DCU before too, their wait times are definitely insane lol. Thanks for the tip on the extension!

Enjoy the car!

Reactions: My_T3sl@