Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is back. 8/1 order. Was December then blank and now December is back. I’m borrowing a car until my order comes. Been thinking about buying a cheap beater if it really will take to December or longer to do my commutes then sell or donate it when my order comes in. Hmmm

Mine also. Ordered on 7/31, was "December" for a week, then blank for several days, now back to "December".

We all know that these EDD numbers are somewhat meaningless. However, I can tell you that psychologically, having any EDD is better than no EDD at all. :) Now I just wish my "December" would change to an actual date. Being in California, we know that "September" and "December" are just placeholders for the EOQ rush.

And for December; it means that I'll be getting whatever the October 1 update is (just like the HEPA filter was added for this quarter). So I'm hoping for either the new door trim (from the Model 3) or the 12V battery (1598486-00-C) from the Model S Plaid. I assume they'll add either whenever the inventory of existing parts is depleted.

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

Reactions: mrfeb14
EDD pushed back one day again but end date is sticking, now 8/8 - 8/21
(if my theory is correct, I should get a vin around the 11/12 range..)

Ordered on 7/8:
MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

7/9 modified order:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28
8/1: 8/3 - 8/21
8/2: 9/5 - 9/25
8/3: 8/5 - 8/21
8/4: 8/6 - 8/21
8/5: 8/7 - 8/21
8/6: 8/8 - 8/21 as of today!
I did the same… went from MYLR to MYP. Now delivery date is 8/22

Well, this is just nice. Had an appt to pick up at Buena Park today. Had to call out of work. They just called and said it didn't pass inspection due to pain imperfections. Ummm my question is why the hell would they call and set up the appt if it wasn't ready yet?! Now I have to wait until the 15th.
At least they are catching these QC issues rather than sending you off with the car. Tesla does need to step up their QC game at the factory though. We don’t need beta cars we need completely done cars esp if we are paying top dollar.

Got “October” today…again. I’m sure it will bounce back…again. But trying to plan out of town time with this uncertainty and zero response from anyone at Tesla, I don’t have a designated SA, is making things…challenging. Anyone know what happens if you can’t accept delivery on the actual day? Do you have a grace period? And what happens if you’re sent back into the queue? Do you basically start all over again? The fluctuations in dates are absurd.

I got a call from tesla buena park for confirming delivery tomorrow in this morning. (Edd was 8/9 09:00am-06:00pm). Tesla buena park is 5min away from my home. So I asked if I could pick this up today, Fortunately he said I could pick it up at 4:30 today!! I can’t wait~!
Good to know that we still can choose pickup option. Buena park is my pickup location too.

Reactions: AlB3 and kangkun12
Original order date was 7/22, then changed MYLR to MYP on 8/8. EDD shows 7-8 weeks. For the waiting room sig, is the appropriate date 7/22 or 8/8?

Order date: 07/22 -- MYP | Pearl White | Black Interior | FSD
VIN Received: not yet | EDD: 7-8 weeks

Last edited: