Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OHHHH *sugar* FOLKS YOUR BOY GOT HIS VIN. Landed in Austin for my bachelor party and refreshed the page at the urinal. 247, EDD switched to 8/11 - 8/15. Hope they don’t want me to take delivery while I’m across the country. FYI: If you get to your account page and it says “2021 Model Y”, you’re in business.
What a great way to start your bachelor party!! enjoy and eat lots of BBQ!

Don’t let them spoil it for you…I always find it annoying when people who work in service, are total aholes. Why go into that field to make us all miserable?!

My friend who just got her car said that she loves driving it so much that she’ll never go back to a non-Tesla car.

So sorry that the experience was so bad….made me sad that you were so excited only to have them spoil it. Hope they read your email and at least speak to the employees. If enugh people complain, the’ll have to address it.
what's funny is that technically no workers actually need to be there.

This is what I wrote when they asked for my feedback about my purchasing experience.

“The product itself is quite nice and I enjoy the car, however the delivery expectations (understanding the difficulties of covid and manufacturing) could have been a lot better than they were. It was difficult being quoted a cars arrival window and having that fluctuate by relatively large swings consistently. Barring the delivery expectations, the delivery experience itself was abysmal.

The day before my delivery I came into my local dealer to confirm that all my payment details had been squared away and that I was all set to pick up my car at the scheduled time the next day. The guy behind the counter was very pleasant, took my phone number, checked my account and said “you’re all set! We’ve got your payment and we’ll see you tomorrow”. Great!

The next day rolls around and I show up a little late to my delivery apt. It was scheduled for 11 I was there at 11:15. I walk in and walk up to a group of employees, say hi and state that I’m there to pickup my vehicle at the scheduled time. This is then followed up with “did you get a text saying that it was ready? They aren’t ready until you get a text saying that it is”. I wasn’t greeted with, “oh great! Welcome! Let’s look up your account and see where it’s at”. I got greeted with “did you get a text”. Annoyed I responded that I was not aware that I needed to wait to receive a text message, and that if I was supposed to wait for that, it should have been communicated to me. While I’m staying this one of the employees sternly, and obviously dismissing my concern interrupts me and asks me for my last name. I give it to him. Turns out the car is ready. Meaning that had they of just greeted me, and asked for my name when I got there, this entire negative interaction could have been avoided.

They tell me which spot my car is in and assign me an employee to help me add the car to the Tesla app so that I can unlock it. He walks me to the entrance of the dealer, helps me add the car to the Tesla app, shows me how to unlock it, points to where the car is, tells me there’s paperwork to sign inside of it, tells me to find him if I have questions, and then just leaves. I walk over to the car and start checking out the features, checking for panel gaps, scratches etc. I’m out there for about 40 mins before anyone comes to actually help me or ask me how it’s going or ask me if I had any questions. I was approached by a taller gentleman, skinny, longer curly hair. I’m blanking on his name, but he was EXTREMELY helpful! This is my first Telsa and I had lots of question on how to set charge limits, how to pair Bluetooth, how to get a door alignment fixed etc. I had lots of questions about a lot of different topics and this guys hung out with me for a good 30 minuets and answered every question I could throw at him. He was kind, attentive, caring, charismatic, and most importantly didn’t behave as though I was wasting his time. Which was the feeling I got from all the staff the moment I arrived at the dealership.

I left the dealership upset with the way that I had been treated initially by the staff. And it’s really affected my ability to enjoy the car as much as I could be. I was really excited to pickup the car, I had shaved, and changed into nicer clothes because I wanted to have someone take my picture of me picking it up. My excitement and joy was quickly snuffed out the moment I was “greeted” in the showroom. What should have been an exciting fun filled experience was quickly turned into a negative experience, one that could have easily been avoided. I am a pretty easy going person, easy to get along with, but oh man, the way I was treated by the staff when I got there, no way, it was absolutely unacceptable. To add insult to injury I noticed all the other customers picking up their cars had a staff member accompany them the entire time, to share in their enthusiasm and answer their questions. It made me feel pretty awful about the whole thing. Thank goodness the taller gentlemen with curly hair came when he did, he was able to breathe back a little joy into what was otherwise a dull, depressing and demoralizing experience. Buying my Chevy pickup truck was 1000% a better experience. And it shouldn’t be that way. I’ve never had such a negative experience buying a car ever. Knowing Tesla, me writing this was nothing but a waste of my time, because I’m nearly 100% positive that no one is ever going to read this, ever. There’s more that I could say about emails not getting answered, phone calls going unreturned, the dealer not answering the phone etc. Buying the car from a vending machine would have been more of a personal experience, hell, buying the car from a manikin with an iPad for a face would have been more enjoyable. At this point I’m just going to try and focus on enjoying the vehicle. As time goes on I am hopeful that the shadow of my delivery experience will not cloud my perceptions of my new vehicle. 🤞🏻

TLDR they profiled me because of my age and treated me like crap. I’m 30 FWIW

Excellent summary. I'm glad that there was someone to finally assist you. Where was your specific pickup location (DC) ?

Dealers of ICE cars are extremely motivated to have customers come back to their dealership and use their highly profitable Service Department. Tesla not so much since the need for service should be much less. My town of 25,000 people has a Ford dealership, a GM dealership, and 3 auto parts stores (NAPA, AutoZone, and O'Reilly's). I can't even buy a refrigerator or washer in town, and yet we have 3 auto parts stores. That shows how profitable maintaining ICE cars is. This morning when I drove past, the GM dealership had 8 new cars for sale (in their large spacious empty new car lot) and 20 employee cars in the Service Department employee lot.

Regardless, it seems that the Tesla App needs a button to rate the pickup assistant. You would give 5-stars to the tall helpful guy; and hopefully a mechanism to feed-back on the dismissive bozos who ruined your experience. They only get 1 chance to make a good first impression and they blew it...

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: blank
DC: Stockton

OHHHH *sugar* FOLKS YOUR BOY GOT HIS VIN. Landed in Austin for my bachelor party and refreshed the page at the urinal. 247, EDD switched to 8/11 - 8/15. Hope they don’t want me to take delivery while I’m across the country. FYI: If you get to your account page and it says “2021 Model Y”, you’re in business.
congrats brotha and have a safe trip! give me your blessings <3

Reactions: thewhitewolf
I took delivery today at my house. Tesla is right down the street from me in Carlsbad, CA, and the guy who dropped off my Y did a full tutorial and walk-around for my wife and I. I was very impressed. I went through my checklist I printed out, and so far the only thing I found was some tape on the glass roof. I'll go through more of it tonight, I had an appointment to do tint and PPF at noon, so that's where I'm at now. I hope everyone gets their vins and cars soon! I think Tesla has cleaned up some of the flaws prior to taking delivery, and I hope it goes as smoothly for all of you after receiving the vin (disaster waiting, I know :()
Congrats! I'm in Carlsbad as well...hoping for similar experience!

Reactions: Progolfer82

Can only imagine the people who heard your reaction at the urinal. 😂

Reactions: thewhitewolf
A red one just popped on in San Diego MYP.
1628717826535.png

How is everyone seeing all of these Model Y's popping up on Tesla's website?

I have the page open in Chrome and it refreshes automatically throughout the day, and it's searching within a 200 mile radius of a DTLA zip code for any new Model Y, but nothing ever pops up. Yet, I see lots of people posting screen shots of cars that are available (before they're quickly gone).

I'm just wondering if there's a special trick for getting them to appear for you guys.

I have the page open in Chrome and it refreshes automatically throughout the day, and it's searching within a 200 mile radius of a DTLA zip code for any new Model Y, but nothing ever pops up. Yet, I see lots of people posting screen shots of cars that are available (before they're quickly gone).

I'm just wondering if there's a special trick for getting them to appear for you guys.
It's a hit and miss. I had gotten back from lunch and logged in an refresh manually every second literally for zip 90241 or randomly for a bunch of zip codes in California. If you really want to purchase a existing inventory. Sit at the computer a few hours and keep refreshing. I think one person did that in this group and snagged an existing inventory car. They were determined that day.

1628722436328.png

see another random refresh. but wasn't quick enough to hit buy It must be in some ones "cart"

sometimes I feel I should keep refreshing and maybe...just maybe my EDD of 9/18 turns into 8/18 LOL. I know hopeful thinking..but damn I can dream.

Wow, that's a lot of inventory. Is that from this morning?
I've been refreshing every 5 minutes or so today since I'm working from home. Haven't seen anything within 200 miles of San Diego.
Yes, it popped up moments before I posted. They disappeared in seconds, so maybe a truck arrived and it assigned VIN's right away?
Lies! Lol
;)
I tried purchasing and it wouldn't let me....
They were gone by my second refresh... After I posted.

One thing is that Tesla's Website sucks. I've often found that changing the distance to something LESS will make a car show up that doesn't appear on the 200 Mile radius. So you really need to refresh, and then go to 100 miles, then 50 miles and see if anything pops up. Or have 3-4 browsers open each set to a different distance.

I find myself a lot less eager to get the "Blue Button" since I started my home refinance 12 days ago. I'm okay to wait it out for another 1.5 weeks until I close and then I should be right about at the start of my EDD window.

If it shows up before I close on the Re-Fi then I'll have to make some hard decisions.... Hoping that it doesn't come to that. 69 days and counting.

1628726557511.png

Reactions: e645824
I find myself a lot less eager to get the "Blue Button" since I started my home refinance 12 days ago. I'm okay to wait it out for another 1.5 weeks until I close and then I should be right about at the start of my EDD window.

If it shows up before I close on the Re-Fi then I'll have to make some hard decisions.... Hoping that it doesn't come to that. 69 days and counting.

View attachment 695436
Your refinance, u should let them know you’re going to have an additional liability. They should be able to favor that into your debt to income so it doesn’t hurt you or delay your close.