Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 5/16, white exterior, black interior, wheels 20", 5 seats. EDD 8/14-8/28, no VIN. Called the Pasadena showroom yesterday, the guy said they are processing early May orders, so I might get my car around August to September, it's like not saying anything...Last time they told me I would get my car no late than the first week of August.

Seems like 3 months is now the average for almost colors. Any other color besides white seems like they only make at end of quarter in batches. I'm done checking my EDD and will just wait for that magical text message saying the car is ready.

Hmm.... my EDD is 11/4-11/24 (8/1 order) and I ordered black. So assuming you are correct my EDD is going to slip to end of the year. I am not in a hurry but of course I'd prefer it sooner. I guess we'll see.

Black paint club over here... I ordered 2/21/21 with profile completion on 6/15/21. I haven't seen very many black VINs go out since then and I'm looking at an EDD of 9/2-9/22 today. It's consistently been Sept for the past 3 weeks. I think I've seen the least variability with my EDD compared to what others have been posting and wondered if it had to do with the paint color too.

Just some advice, if you get your VIN assigned, maybe give it 24 hours and then just call the location you’re taking delivery. I had no updates on my profile since VIN yesterday, called the SB location, the guy was super helpful and set up my delivery for Sunday. He said my car literally just came off the truck!

So I am literally ubering from the airport to pick up my baby on Sunday! What a weekend.
Nice. I haven't been as lucky. I got my VIN 17 days ago and still no car. I called in and my advisor doesn't really know what's going on either. My EDD keeps moving and now it's 8/13-8/20.

Ordered 5/16, white exterior, black interior, wheels 20", 5 seats. EDD 8/14-8/28, no VIN. Called the Pasadena showroom yesterday, the guy said they are processing early May orders, so I might get my car around August to September, it's like not saying anything...Last time they told me I would get my car no late than the first week of August.
I hear you! West Coast orders have to be next!!! We have the same specs but I ordered tow and we both completed profiles within a day of each other. Last time I was in Tesla Rocklin they soft matched VIN being distributed on August 14th. Let’s hope they get it right this time

Reactions: Suhleese and YY024
I hear you! West Coast orders have to be next!!! We have the same specs but I ordered tow and we both completed profiles within a day of each other. Last time I was in Tesla Rocklin they soft matched VIN being distributed on August 14th. Let’s hope they get it right this time
That’s good info, dude. Fingers crossed 🤞

Reactions: Where’s my car
Just some advice, if you get your VIN assigned, maybe give it 24 hours and then just call the location you’re taking delivery. I had no updates on my profile since VIN yesterday, called the SB location, the guy was super helpful and set up my delivery for Sunday. He said my car literally just came off the truck!

So I am literally ubering from the airport to pick up my baby on Sunday! What a weekend.
Stoked for you!
I called the SB location yesterday and they were super helpful. Ended up purchasing my wall charger there. I’m heading there tomorrow to pick it up. Might see your car!!

Black paint club over here... I ordered 2/21/21 with profile completion on 6/15/21. I haven't seen very many black VINs go out since then and I'm looking at an EDD of 9/2-9/22 today. It's consistently been Sept for the past 3 weeks. I think I've seen the least variability with my EDD compared to what others have been posting and wondered if it had to do with the paint color too.
Same here. Black exterior club. They're probably going to make ours at the same time.

Reactions: mrfeb14
3 months seem to be the magic number so you look like you're going to get yours in the next few days. Probably going to lose sleep over it.

after exactly a 3 month wait from purchase to delivery day - I’m taking delivery tomorrow. Was able to get a 1.24% interest rate through Tesla who Rate Matched my DCU loan offer on a 72 month term. Can’t say it hasn’t been a long road, but I am excited to get the vehicle tomorrow.

anyone have any suggestions where to find a good checklist to inspect the car when i get it?

Also, on home delivery, who do I reach out to if there are issues or blemishes with the vehicle after they drop it off?