Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After complaining yesterday morning that my dates shifted to late September at 74 days from ordering, at 9:20pm I refreshed my account page for the thousandth time and I saw something new!

I got a VIN! 251xxx and my new delivery window is 8/13-8/16 which is today through Monday! No word from Tesla yet though. My DC is Buena Park. Hopefully I can get it this weekend!

View attachment 696077
congrats!!

Reactions: pmccoub and Dnv15
EDD now 8/15 - 8/29, pushed back by +1/+1 from yesterday....feels close yet so far 😭

Ordered on 7/8:

MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

Modified on 7/9:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28
8/1: 8/3 - 8/21
8/2: 9/5 - 9/25
8/3: 8/5 - 8/21
8/4: 8/6 - 8/21
8/5: 8/7 - 8/21
8/6: 8/8 - 8/21
8/7: 8/9 - 8/21
8/9: 8/10 - 8/21
8/10: 8/12 - 8/22
8/11: 8/13 - 8/24
8/12: 8/14 - 8/28
8/13: 8/15 - 8/29 as of today!

5/30 order. EDD slipped 5 days today to 9/1 - 9/21. At this rate they will be delivering during the vacation I scheduled for after the worst case delivery date Tesla promised when they took my money. If that happens and they give my car away I may have to walk away from this Tesla/electric experiment.

I wonder if the bay area folks closer to the factory are going to see slipping dates? Makes sense though since they need more lead time to ship to SoCal or out of state. I'm really trying hard not to fall into the existing inventory refresh hole, but the new car bug is hard to fight LOL
Today my dates slipped +4/+14 and I’m in the Bay Area. Finally had a shorter (11 days) delivery window and now back to 3 weeks. 5/30 order.

I also slipped 5 days. Now 9/20-9/30. It's a narrower window. But there are a lot of cars whose EDD ends in that 9/30 days. Seems like they are planning another massive EOQ push to the west coast :( I really don't want an EOQ car. Do we know if anyone reported any serious quality issues for end of 2Q cars?

I also slipped 5 days. Now 9/20-9/30. It's a narrower window. But there are a lot of cars whose EDD ends in that 9/30 days. Seems like they are planning another massive EOQ push to the west coast :( I really don't want an EOQ car. Do we know if anyone reported any serious quality issues for end of 2Q cars?
My husband took delivery of a MYLR on 6/22 and it was great. only one little issue where looked like there was some weird smudges on the drivers door window in-between the two panes. Mobile service replaced the window in 30 minutes about a week after delivery and the car has been great!

Hi,

I just found this forum a few days ago and am overwhelmed with so many questions 😩

Here’s my info- still learning all the abbreviations
Order 8/11 Model Y, Metallic Silver, Black Interior, 7 seat, Tow Hitch
Choose Tesla financing, approved through JP Morgan
Delivery date estimate: 12/15-1/14

ok here’s my questions:
1) what are all the acronyms lol
2) Is the delivery date really bogus? Reading everyone’s horror stories is diminishing my excitement
3) If I accepted financing already and am waiting for the agreement button to be clickable, does this take a while?
4) I’ve been reading about people’s loans expiring, should I have not applied for financing yet?
5) what’s the easiest way to navigate this forum for newby’s?

Hi,

I just found this forum a few days ago and am overwhelmed with so many questions 😩

Here’s my info- still learning all the abbreviations
Order 8/11 Model Y, Metallic Silver, Black Interior, 7 seat, Tow Hitch
Choose Tesla financing, approved through JP Morgan
Delivery date estimate: 12/15-1/14

ok here’s my questions:
1) what are all the acronyms lol
2) Is the delivery date really bogus? Reading everyone’s horror stories is diminishing my excitement
3) If I accepted financing already and am waiting for the agreement button to be clickable, does this take a while?
4) I’ve been reading about people’s loans expiring, should I have not applied for financing yet?
5) what’s the easiest way to navigate this forum for newby’s?
Not sure if I can answer all, but here goes.
1) A few I am aware of EOQ (end of quarter); EDD (Estimated Delivery Date)
2) Yes/No. It kind of appears anything after November may be accurate, as the Texas factory should be up and running. That way Fremont can focus on West Coast orders. Average wait from order and completion of profile date is 90 days to receive a VIN #
3) This agreement button doesn't appear until you have a VIN and will be accepting delivery a day before
4) Some people advised doing Cash and then changing it to financing when you receive a VIN and shopping around for rates
5) avoid it! lol jk. I follow this post and the June waiting room. After you post 5 or responded to at least 5 posts. You can update your signature. My signature is below, but if you're on a smart phone, turn it landscape to view.

Good luck to you and your journey. I am approaching 45 days in since order/completion. So I am about halfway through the waiting game.

Reactions: DZMY and e645824
After complaining yesterday morning that my dates shifted to late September at 74 days from ordering, at 9:20pm I refreshed my account page for the thousandth time and I saw something new!

I got a VIN! 251xxx and my new delivery window is 8/13-8/16 which is today through Monday! No word from Tesla yet though. My DC is Buena Park. Hopefully I can get it this weekend!

View attachment 696077

Now this is encouraging!!! Your build looks very similar to my 05/28 order (LR/Blue/white seats/20" Induction) - currently also showing early to mid-September EDD. Would be nice if the blue batches are being processed now. I've only been refreshing hundreds of times per day so far... maybe I need to refresh 1000 times per day as well so that I too, can get the magic blue button and a VIN!

Congrats!

When I ordered 7/11 the configurator had an estimate of October, before the end of the month it had ballooned to December. Guessing that had something to do with trying to bring Austin on-line, as it’s hard to believe the rest of October AND November sold out in a couple of weeks.

My EDD was consistently the last 2 weeks of September, giving a false sense of hope that SoCal would be getting a large influx of end of qtr deliveries. Today barely hanging on to the last day of September through 10/20. Really nothing to complain about since October was the estimate when I ordered.

What is concerning though are the number of May/June orders that still haven’t received VINs, I feel for you guys, and makes me worry that it’s going to be a bumpy ride as the EDDs bounce between false hope and reality as I likely see my EDD slip to end of October, November and hopefully at least a Merry Christmas delivery.

View attachment 696077

Who did you complain to? haha

When I ordered 7/11 the configurator had an estimate of October, before the end of the month it had ballooned to December. Guessing that had something to do with trying to bring Austin on-line, as it’s hard to believe the rest of October AND November sold out in a couple of weeks.

My EDD was consistently the last 2 weeks of September, giving a false sense of hope that SoCal would be getting a large influx of end of qtr deliveries. Today barely hanging on to the last day of September through 10/20. Really nothing to complain about since October was the estimate when I ordered.

What is concerning though are the number of May/June orders that still haven’t received VINs, I feel for you guys, and makes me worry that it’s going to be a bumpy ride as the EDDs bounce between false hope and reality as I likely see my EDD slip to end of October, November and hopefully at least a Merry Christmas delivery.
I am expecting 3 months wait time for my order too.

This doesn’t bode well.

Attachments

• 5CED356F-1289-4218-ABC6-9BC44F51D454.png
    5CED356F-1289-4218-ABC6-9BC44F51D454.png
    522 KB · Views: 47
Hello,

New to the forum. Needed something else to distract myself from the waiting besides the YouTube videos on the Model Y. 😂

My order details:
Order Date: 6/20 (fairly sure I completed all the tasks that same day as well)
Model: Y Long Range
Exterior: Red
Interior: Black
Wheels: 19" Gemini
Seats: 5
No FSD

Current Estimated Delivery Date:
8/15 - 9/2

Reactions: MTBevrider
Hello,

New to the forum. Needed something else to distract myself from the waiting besides the YouTube videos on the Model Y. 😂

My order details:
Order Date: 6/20 (fairly sure I completed all the tasks that same day as well)
Model: Y Long Range
Exterior: Red
Interior: Black
Wheels: 19" Gemini
Seats: 5
No FSD

Current Estimated Delivery Date:
8/15 - 9/2
Wow - you ordered the exact same MYLR as me, but almost 2-month later, and yet your EDD is before mine… 😱😱😱