Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN is here and got the blue button today to proceed with delivery! VIN is 252xxx for the MYP. The MYLR still shows an EDD of 9/9 - 9/29.

I also got an email at 1:36am saying the final balance is now ready. Now I just need to work on changing my Cash payment option to Self Arranged financing so I can re-enter my DCU loan amount and submit that to them, but I do now have the Cash MVPA with my VIN on it for my Perf order :)

VIN is here and got the blue button today to proceed with delivery! VIN is 252xxx for the MYP. The MYLR still shows an EDD of 9/9 - 9/29.

I also got an email at 1:36am saying the final balance is now ready. Now I just need to work on changing my Cash payment option to Self Arranged financing so I can re-enter my DCU loan amount and submit that to them, but I do now have the Cash MVPA with my VIN on it for my Perf order :)
Excellent!

Sounds like you’ve found a winner! Enjoy the new ride. I assume you’ll cancel the MYLR order?

Probably better to take it and resell it? Which impatient person would rather spend an extra few thousand than wait 6 months. I'm sure you could find more than a few. Either that or drive the MYP until you get the MYLR and then sell the MYP for a profit.
In CA you pay 11% or so in taxes and use fees. Seems like margin is low. Especially when you can get the P for like $5k more when you net the differences of adding acceleration boost and swapping wheels.
There are several on CL right now that are asking a few thousand over purchase price for nearly new model Y.

OD 5/6 vin assigned Friday( feeling excited) Pick up date 8/15 on a Sunday with my family.

Got a text two hours before pick up time that there are issues and there will be a delay. They said they are gonna deliver it Wednesday instead. They called me Monday to let me know to confirm a day.

Just got a call from Tesla today and they said sorry there’s gonna be a delay again. They are not sure how much longer.

They told me to esign my documents twice already and both time they have to revise it. (I didn’t esign it yet
I don’t know what’s going on.

Let’s hope the car will be flawless once it’s in my hands …..

The wait continues ……….
Oh mannnnn…..so disappointing. I’m sorry to hear it doesn’t get any better until you actually is physically in front of your car.

Reactions: William110
Probably better to take it and resell it? Which impatient person would rather spend an extra few thousand than wait 6 months. I'm sure you could find more than a few. Either that or drive the MYP until you get the MYLR and then sell the MYP for a profit.

I've considered it, only because taking delivery of my MYLR would cost me around $55k OTD after CA sales tax, doc, lic & fees. That's for a 'standard' spec with the wht paint, black seats, 5-seater, 19" Gemini wheels and no-FSD, but I did add the tow package (on both cars).

The only saving grace would be that the MYLR right now costs 54k and if you add the tow hitch, then you're at 55k before taxes & fees (and no wait time). I would look into selling it to a place like Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, etc, but only if their quote was worth my while. Otherwise, it's not worth my time to spend that much to only make a few bucks.

I'd rather buy & resell it to a friend who wants it at the price I paid for it, and who wants to jump the line by 4-5 months for a brand new car.

I ordered my wife's MY LR on July 6th, Blue/White Int. We picked it up on Aug 7th in Carlsbad. I ordered after seeing my co-worker's order on the screen a few days prior, he chose the performance model because he heard they were delivery faster. He is still waiting, with no VIN. I truly don't understand Tesla's ordering system AT ALL at this point.

Reactions: DarthStar
In CA you pay 11% or so in taxes and use fees. Seems like margin is low. Especially when you can get the P for like $5k more when you net the differences of adding acceleration boost and swapping wheels.
There are several on CL right now that are asking a few thousand over purchase price for nearly new model Y.
You could lease it and not pay all the sales taxes upfront

I ordered my wife's MY LR on July 6th, Blue/White Int. We picked it up on Aug 7th in Carlsbad. I ordered after seeing my co-worker's order on the screen a few days prior, he chose the performance model because he heard they were delivery faster. He is still waiting, with no VIN. I truly don't understand Tesla's ordering system AT ALL at this point.
Congratulations on picking up your new ride. I agree, there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for who gets their car first. I ordered my YLR5, Wht,blk,induction wheel, no FSD on 5/31 just got my EDD pushed out to 9/2-9/22. No VIN. So aggravating