Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a mid-day update and no longer in Octoberfest... EDD is now 09/18-09/30. Upside is it seems like I'm still part of the EOQ push... downside, front end date is pushed a week later than prior to Octoberfest.

Anyone else get a mid-day update?

EDIT: clearly I'm slow.. lol. I see a couple of you guys with the mid-day updates too. Just glad I'm out of the October dungeon for the time being...

Good news.. I've been checking my EDD periodically today and at last, I'm no longer in the "October" EDD club.

Bad news... my EDD is now +10d/+10d from what it was at on 08/27 before I joined the October club on 8/28. That shift to October definitely wasn't an indicator that my VIN is near. 😞
I didn’t realize the EDD updated throughout the day too, figured it was maybe once per day. I just rechecked mine and it went back from January. Now it says Sept 19-30th! I’m going to try not to get excited though. Lol

Just got a mid-day update and no longer in Octoberfest... EDD is now 09/18-09/30. Upside is it seems like I'm still part of the EOQ push... downside, front end date is pushed a week later than prior to Octoberfest.

Same here: 9/15-9/30. It was 9/6-9/21 before Octoberfest. OD: 6/11.
Last week SA said my projected delivery is 1-2 months.

Reactions: mcp105

EDIT: clearly I'm slow.. lol. I see a couple of you guys with the mid-day updates too. Just glad I'm out of the October dungeon for the time being...
Yes, midday update here as well. Just like others it has been pushed back and still with the 3 week window.

MYLR - 9/2- 9/22
MYP - 8/31 - 9/19

Reactions: mrfeb14 and mcp105
I didn’t realize the EDD updated throughout the day too, figured it was maybe once per day. I just rechecked mine and it went back from January. Now it says Sept 19-30th! I’m going to try not to get excited though. Lol
Yeah, it used to only be daily when there was a range... but the generic "month" EDD seem to get mid-day updates back to a real range on Mondays. So, like a lower who seems to have nothing better to do, I checked every hour or so today.😅

Looks like everyone's starting to get EDD ranges again. At least your front date improved by a day and your end date stayed the same.

Does anyone know if they historically assign delivery dates or VINS close to front end of EDD or back end? Or is it just completely unpredictable? I've read through so much of the this thread and the Current Delivery Times thread that I've been overloaded with info and can't remember if theres been a trend.

Yeah, it used to only be daily when there was a range... but the generic "month" EDD seem to get mid-day updates back to a real range on Mondays. So, like a lower who seems to have nothing better to do, I checked every hour or so today.😅

Looks like everyone's starting to get EDD ranges again. At least your front date improved by a day and your end date stayed the same.
Yeah, I’m very lucky it’s close and super surprised at the same time since I ordered not that long ago.

Does anyone know if they historically assign delivery dates or VINS close to front end of EDD or back end? Or is it just completely unpredictable? I've read through so much of the this thread and the Current Delivery Times thread that I've been overloaded with info and can't remember if theres been a trend.
The VIN seems to come on the early side of the EDD range, with the actual Delivery usually somewhere in the middle. But location dependent, and also EDD changes so often too hard to keep track!

Reactions: mcp105
Um so I went from generic January to no EDD at all.
1630359699250.png

Yes. I’m now 9/11-9/30. Still no VIN tho.

For new folks that haven't read through the previous 460 pages:
1. California users typically get their vehicles towards EOQ
2. Performance are prioritized above non-Performance (aka regular)
3. tow hitches seem to be in short supply periodically, thus limiting deliveries
4. white seats are less available than black seats, thus limiting deliveries
5. Fremont deliveries seem to automatically pop over to Dublin DC
6. SoCal deliveries go by truck down I-5 or by sometimes by rail
7. NorCal deliveries will have a mad push a couple days before EOQ
8. busy DC's will have expedited deliveries vs. non-busy DC's
9. a few days before actual VIN assignment, your EDD will change to a generic month, then revert back
10. California cars don't come with mud flaps nor the protective coating
11. all recent VIN's come with the new Model Y air filter
12. Check the recent VIN assignments in this thread. If your assigned VIN is old, it is probably a reject car
13. do an inspection of your car. You have 100 miles or 24 hours. The 100 mile issue is a big problem if you are far from your DC.
14. DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR EXISTING CAR UNTIL YOUR NEW TESLA MODEL Y IS IN YOUR DRIVEWAY

EOQ = end of quarter (March, June, Sept, Dec)
DC = delivery center (where you pick up your car. If you are close to a DC, they may put the car in your driveway. Typically when they want to "delivery" a lot of cars fast)
SA = sales assistant (a person that you will never actually hear from and provides no useful information)
EDD = expected delivery date (a pseudo randomly generated date that will change often before actual delivery)

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

For new folks that haven't read through the previous 460 pages:
1. California users typically get their vehicles towards EOQ
2. Performance are prioritized above non-Performance (aka regular)
3. tow hitches seem to be in short supply periodically, thus limiting deliveries
4. white seats are less available than black seats, thus limiting deliveries
5. Fremont deliveries seem to automatically pop over to Dublin DC
6. SoCal deliveries go by truck down I-5 or by sometimes by rail
7. NorCal deliveries will have a mad push a couple days before EOQ
8. busy DC's will have expedited deliveries vs. non-busy DC's
9. a few days before actual VIN assignment, your EDD will change to a generic month, then revert back
10. California cars don't come with mud flaps nor the protective coating
11. all recent VIN's come with the new Model Y air filter
12. Check the recent VIN assignments in this thread. If your assigned VIN is old, it is probably a reject car
13. do an inspection of your car. You have 100 miles or 24 hours. The 100 mile issue is a big problem if you are far from your DC.
14. DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR EXISTING CAR UNTIL YOUR NEW TESLA MODEL Y IS IN YOUR DRIVEWAY

EOQ = end of quarter (March, June, Sept, Dec)
DC = delivery center (where you pick up your car. If you are close to a DC, they may put the car in your driveway. Typically when they want to "delivery" a lot of cars fast)
SA = sales assistant (a person that you will never actually hear from and provides no useful information)
EDD = expected delivery date (a pseudo randomly generated date that will change often before actual delivery)

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton
Awesome write up!