Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For new folks that haven't read through the previous 460 pages:
1. California users typically get their vehicles towards EOQ
2. Performance are prioritized above non-Performance (aka regular)
3. tow hitches seem to be in short supply periodically, thus limiting deliveries
4. white seats are less available than black seats, thus limiting deliveries
5. Fremont deliveries seem to automatically pop over to Dublin DC
6. SoCal deliveries go by truck down I-5 or by sometimes by rail
7. NorCal deliveries will have a mad push a couple days before EOQ
8. busy DC's will have expedited deliveries vs. non-busy DC's
9. a few days before actual VIN assignment, your EDD will change to a generic month, then revert back
10. California cars don't come with mud flaps nor the protective coating
11. all recent VIN's come with the new Model Y air filter
12. Check the recent VIN assignments in this thread. If your assigned VIN is old, it is probably a reject car
13. do an inspection of your car. You have 100 miles or 24 hours. The 100 mile issue is a big problem if you are far from your DC.
14. DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR EXISTING CAR UNTIL YOUR NEW TESLA MODEL Y IS IN YOUR DRIVEWAY

EOQ = end of quarter (March, June, Sept, Dec)
DC = delivery center (where you pick up your car. If you are close to a DC, they may put the car in your driveway. Typically when they want to "delivery" a lot of cars fast)
SA = sales assistant (a person that you will never actually hear from and provides no useful information)
EDD = expected delivery date (a pseudo randomly generated date that will change often before actual delivery)

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton
Excellent writeup, dude... I am also #teamred..
So what DO we get with the car as Californian?

• Funny
Reactions: MGsurf and Reebles
For new folks that haven't read through the previous 460 pages:
1. California users typically get their vehicles towards EOQ
2. Performance are prioritized above non-Performance (aka regular)
3. tow hitches seem to be in short supply periodically, thus limiting deliveries
4. white seats are less available than black seats, thus limiting deliveries
5. Fremont deliveries seem to automatically pop over to Dublin DC
6. SoCal deliveries go by truck down I-5 or by sometimes by rail
7. NorCal deliveries will have a mad push a couple days before EOQ
8. busy DC's will have expedited deliveries vs. non-busy DC's
9. a few days before actual VIN assignment, your EDD will change to a generic month, then revert back
10. California cars don't come with mud flaps nor the protective coating
11. all recent VIN's come with the new Model Y air filter
12. Check the recent VIN assignments in this thread. If your assigned VIN is old, it is probably a reject car
13. do an inspection of your car. You have 100 miles or 24 hours. The 100 mile issue is a big problem if you are far from your DC.
14. DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR EXISTING CAR UNTIL YOUR NEW TESLA MODEL Y IS IN YOUR DRIVEWAY

EOQ = end of quarter (March, June, Sept, Dec)
DC = delivery center (where you pick up your car. If you are close to a DC, they may put the car in your driveway. Typically when they want to "delivery" a lot of cars fast)
SA = sales assistant (a person that you will never actually hear from and provides no useful information)
EDD = expected delivery date (a pseudo randomly generated date that will change often before actual delivery)

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton
Should be pinned at the top.

lol.. touche!
I meant what accessories come with the MYLR for California?
Just what it comes from the factory with. Mobile connector, with NEMA 5-15 adapter (very slow, 120v), J1772 adapter for most AC public chargers and basic floor mats.

Just what it comes from the factory with. Mobile connector, with NEMA 5-15 adapter (very slow, 120v), J1772 adapter for most AC public chargers and basic floor mats.

Thanks - I already got Gen 2 NEMA 14-30 and basic floor mats should do for now....

Just checked online and it[s quoting January delivery if ordered today, I don't see this being consistent with forecast from earlier in the month delivery. I'm hoping the new order forecast is right and my order moves back into 2021.
I’m now at delivery window of Dec 10~30. A 20 day slip, but pulled in from January and back in window forecast at time of purchase.

Reactions: Falcon73