Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will the profile be considered incomplete when the financing expires after two months? Do I have to reapply to a loan right away?
I believe that would be incomplete unless you resubmit for loan approval again right away. That happened to me once during this waiting game and I resubmitted immediately for a new loan approval, which I received pretty quickly. Basically anytime Tesla is asking for information from you, your profile is probably considered incomplete and will affect delivery times. A lot of people just mark it as a cash payment until they receive a VIN and then switch to financing before taking delivery to avoid the hassle of expiring loan terms. I kind of wish I’d just done that at this point to save myself the trouble of having to resubmit loan details.

Reactions: DZMY
Will the profile be considered incomplete when the financing expires after two months? Do I have to reapply to a loan right away?
Switch to cash until you have a VIN. That way you aren't touching your profile again.

A lot of people just mark it as a cash payment until they receive a VIN and then switch to financing before taking delivery to avoid the hassle of expiring loan terms. I kind of wish I’d just done that at this point to save myself the trouble of having to resubmit loan details.

This!!! Best bet is to submit order as cash, but if it's too late then switch to cash if your finance approval expires.

I'm extremely new to the Tesla ordering process, so I did a lot of things on my own without doing a lot of research.
My current vehicle is a used 2015 Jeep Wrangler if that puts things into perspective of my owning a car experience. 😅

On 08/17 I placed an order for a Model Y long range, red paint, 19" wheels, black/white interior, 5 seat, and FSD.
I had an EDD of November - December, then December - January, and it's been almost 3 weeks where it now says there's no delivery time and they'll reach out later.

Based off messages I've seen on here, I should have waited to put any financing stuff through until I get a VIN but I wanted to make sure my financing was approved before I waited too long for a car I wouldn't be able to pick up in the end. Does putting financing through affect your spot in the order queue? And also when should I expect this order to be fulfilled? Thanks :)

Back in the EDD window for the 4th time. EDD 9/16-9/30. OD 6/1 profile complete 6/8. Today's steps are to call the local store and ask to switch from Tesla financing to cash, since it's been well over 90 days and I'm assuming my loan offer has expired, but oddly enough I haven't received a ping saying the loan has expired and to re-apply. Just dont want any funny business at this point so taking everyone's advice and switching to cash (besides I may just go with a loan through our CU since I like their service and the rates are the same).

I recall there was a number listed tracking the car to the delivery center. Anyone have that number readily available? My SA said it's in route to delivery center...that's when I can schedule my pick up date/time.

I am crying. I am crying. I've waited so long.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 10.28.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 10.28.25 AM.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 46
I'm extremely new to the Tesla ordering process, so I did a lot of things on my own without doing a lot of research.
My current vehicle is a used 2015 Jeep Wrangler if that puts things into perspective of my owning a car experience. 😅

On 08/17 I placed an order for a Model Y long range, red paint, 19" wheels, black/white interior, 5 seat, and FSD.
I had an EDD of November - December, then December - January, and it's been almost 3 weeks where it now says there's no delivery time and they'll reach out later.

Based off messages I've seen on here, I should have waited to put any financing stuff through until I get a VIN but I wanted to make sure my financing was approved before I waited too long for a car I wouldn't be able to pick up in the end. Does putting financing through affect your spot in the order queue? And also when should I expect this order to be fulfilled? Thanks :)
Getting financing to be approved only takes minutes on Tesla’s website. So you should wait till your VIN is ready or almost ready before you apply. If you want the best rate, you can shop around and have Tesla match it. For now, you should just select cash as payment method.

I just asked my SA to switch payment method to cash. Will be switching back to financing after getting VIN
My finance quote will be expiring while I'm on vacation in a couple weeks. Can I fix this on my account or can only the SA fix it?

I don't know why we should get bumped when the 60 days is coming from Tesla or its finance company and Tesla can't deliver cars fast enough. I had though I needed to apply for financing to complete my profile and didn't know the cash trick then (just before I joined TMC).

It sounds like I should call my SA before we go on our trip.

Edit: I just called my SA and she said not to worry about it and it won't affect my place in line. If only I believed this... Maybe I can change it online when the 60 days is up? :rolleyes:

Last edited: