Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t give up…as Scott said, it’s a pretty incredible piece of technology. DH is a total geek so it’s fun watching him like a kid in a toy store!!

Your release date is barely after mine, and I had done the same thing as you when I was told that the car was arriving in June…we were in FL so I put it on hold. I’m sure that yours will be delivered soon.
Thank you.

Here is my chart (attached; zipped Excel). You only have to populate columns A, B, and C (date, minEDD date, maxEDD date). The rest of the columns are formulas. The resulting graph is on the right. Based on a concept from OCJeff.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: Oct 17 - Oct 31
DC: Stockton

Correction to my post #10820 that has my Excel spreadsheet that makes the spiffy plot: you only have to populate your FIRST date cell (your order date) in Column A; the other date cells in Column A will autoincrement.. Then Columns B and C with your minEDD and maxEDD on each day.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31

Reactions: MTBevrider
I haven't logged on my account for a good while, today I found my status has been updated to " prepare for delivery". however, there is no VIN and time frame for picking up. Can I assume I am about to be notified to pick it up within a short time?
BTW, my OD is 07/03, MYSR, 7 seats. Yes! standard range. I thought they might stopped making SRMY, so I'm already leaning toward to Mach-E and placed the order with Ford. Which one should I choose?
It looks as though you haven’t made any final payment option like cash or finance. As a result, your profile may not be complete, which will essentially keep you at the back of the queue until you commit with a type of payment.

Got the car delivered today at 10am…appointment window was 12-6pm.

Word I’d advice to those waiting, the tinting shops are BUSY. Book your appointment now…ours is in December!
Congratulations!! Now for the question of the day....was the wait worth it? My EDD is the 17th to 27th still, but it all seems magical to me still. Like, do they really do deliver cars??

Reactions: Falcon73
Time to kick the can down the road a little further. No VIN today and more than likely nothing tomorrow. Here’s to Monday!
The service centers that handle the deliveries don’t work on Sunday, and I think that they know more than they let on. Onwards to Monday….
Congratulations!! Now for the question of the day....was the wait worth it? My EDD is the 17th to 27th still, but it all seems magical to me still. Like, do they really do deliver cars??
Honestly, it’s an amazing car so it’s worth the wait. The tech is crazy cool….it’s like your robot butler…you don’t have to turn the car on n or off. While the ride is stiff, it accelerates instantaneously. The UX really hits the mark for simple things like charging your phones without cables, the way things like climate is controlled, etc.

It‘s weird…the wait was sooooo long that I started to think we would never get this car. But when you get the VIN, it then feels like a whirlwind. Once you send them the payment, they’ll try to get the car off their hands. We were all in our PJs when I got the call that they were on their way 2 hours ahead of our scheduled window. They won’t give you a tour of the car’s features so you have to rely on the videos that you get in the email they send in preparation for car delivery.

You guys all know this, but having Netflix and Hulu in the car is just so damn cool. I take my son to tournaments and between matches, this is gonna be a gamechanger if I can sneak the car out of the house from DH.

Build quality seems good…the only things I’ve found is more cosmetic.

In short, it is well worth the wait. For the poster who may go with the Mach, really reconsider. I have newfound respect for Musk which was lost a couple of years ago with his Twitter nonsense. I trust Tesla more than Ford…it’s so lame that these large car companies are taking so long to get their act together, and even when they do, not sure that I would trust the first gens of their cars.

I am now actually in my EDD delivery window. And it hasn't shifted 🎉 Today is Day #78 for me.

So at this point, my only advise it to order your Wall Charger. I am crediting that with my major shift in my EDD. Don't know if it is actually correlated or not, but it is strange that my EDD shifted from "January" to "Oct 17 - Oct 31" two hours after I placed the Wall Charger order (after 75 days of stagnant EDD motion).

Edit: MTBevrider indicated an August Wall Charger order but it didn't shift EDD. So there goes my theory. At this point, I'm left with the theory that the nice people in Fremont are pushing California orders before the November 2nd deadline (the $1500 to $750 change).

Scott

--

Last edited:
I am now actually in my EDD delivery window. And it hasn't shifted 🎉 Today is Day #78 for me.

So at this point, my only advise it to order your Wall Charger. I am crediting that with my major shift in my EDD. Don't know if it is actually correlated or not, but it is strange that my EDD shifted from "January" to "Oct 17 - Oct 31" two hours after I placed the Wall Charger order (after 75 days of stagnant EDD motion).

Scott

--

I ordered my wall charger in August and nothing changed. Day 97 for me… hoping for a vin any day now! 🙌

While I know it’s not related, can’t help feeling a little worried that my base LR Y build is turning into somewhat of a unicorn with a current 9 month wait. Maybe they just don’t want to build/sell that config anymore.

Also was tough to see my config sent to NJ (right around the time @Momvivant got a VIN) with a 7/23 order date whose EDD was mid November. Can just picture some logistics mgr sprinting down to the Costa Mesa bound truck, screaming “Wait, we just finished an S Plaid that needs to go down to Costa Mesa stat for a VIP. Take that base model off the truck, we’ll ship it somewhere else” ;)

Oh well I went from a 10 day window to a 9 day window so that must be a positive, right??