Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My October 17 order, for a red 5 seat Model Y with white interior (no performance, no full self driving), just had a radical shift in delivery date. Since the order it had been holding at March 14-April 11 of next year, but this morning I got a notification the date had shifted to Nov 4-8. Yes, right now. I hope I'm not jinxing it, but looks like my wife will get her new Tesla by Monday.

My hypothesis is that Tesla is being hit by the same lack of truck drivers impacting other parts of the supply chain. Since I'm in the SF Bay Area they can take a unit that would otherwise sit in their parking lot waiting for a truck and deliver it to me and get paid. But who knows.

Reactions: ryneezy
My October 17 order, for a red 5 seat Model Y with white interior (no performance, no full self driving), just had a radical shift in delivery date. Since the order it had been holding at March 14-April 11 of next year, but this morning I got a notification the date had shifted to Nov 4-8. Yes, right now. I hope I'm not jinxing it, but looks like my wife will get her new Tesla by Monday.

My hypothesis is that Tesla is being hit by the same lack of truck drivers impacting other parts of the supply chain. Since I'm in the SF Bay Area they can take a unit that would otherwise sit in their parking lot waiting for a truck and deliver it to me and get paid. But who knows.
Also could be an order cancellation or deferral from someone betting on a favorable tax credit being passed starting win 2022. Either way, congrats!

Great for you. Of course, we have the same build and are in the same area and I ordered before you and now swapped to your original date basically. Ugh. The randomness.

Yeah, it's a 2021. So, I will be extra careful on the checklist items since that would be my guess as well. Here's the VIN:

5YJYGDEE8MF30xxxx

Since I already paid, what happens if I reject it? I hope I don't have to find out...
tbh if you're planning on keeping the car until it dies it doesn't matter 2021/2022. It's literally just changing the ID the manufacturing is entirely the same. It's not like yours will be worse quality or anything compared to a car produced the next day

Reactions: Vin_L and Falcon73
This reply from my SA has me wondering. If they don't deliver what they promise, how can they not let me refuse delivery? And she was supposed to be out today. I don't know. I will see what they say at the Irvine DC.

Screenshot_20211105-091627.jpg

I got a VIN!! MF306XXX OD: 7/29. I was looking at the Existing Inventory page and decided to chat with a rep and ask if there were any available outside the 200 mile search radius. She found a LR AWD Blue/White/5 Seat/19”/Tow/NoFSD available (I originally ordered White but after seeing the MY in person, I wanted Blue or Gray). I jumped on it and said, “If it’s available, I WANT IT.” Now, it’s mine and will be taking delivery next week once it arrives in Burbank! So excited!

So that I prepare for my (hopefully soon) delivery... what is the next step if they can't buff it out?
There are a few issues with the car they're trying to buff out a couple scratches and a hubcap was loose but they were able to push it back in. So we are still at the Irvine DC while they try and fix the issues.

If you have someone doing PPF or ceramic coating, they can do some paint correction.

So that I prepare for my (hopefully soon) delivery... what is the next step if they can't buff it out?

They were able to buff both scratches out and it looks great now. She (my delivery rep) was very nice, Jules I think her name is. She pushed in the hub cap herself and showed me how to close the frunk. It's harder than it looks, lol.

She said that if I'm still not happy to set a service appt thru the app. I haven't looked yet. I'm too busy trying to get my CAV decal app in the mail, hehe. I can't believe that's not electronic yet!

I haven't tried charging it yet as the two SC's I went to had long lines and some were down. That and I forgot to check the trunk height adjustment and the adapter for my home charger (J1772) is in the trunk, lol.

With the SC lines being so long, getting a CCS adapter, once they are available is already looking like a must! I'm not too keen on a CHAdeMO one. On my wife's Volvo, we've never had to wait for a CCS DCFC, but granted some weren't working.

Reactions: ryneezy