Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HPWC installed today and on the same day a text reminder from Tesla to ready a trade if I have one. Still no updates but getting close.

We have been agonizing about delaying to hold out for the tax break, but agreed that if there’s no shape/clarity in the Senate on the BBBB by the time delivery is ready, we’ll probably just take it. Last I heard the direct quote on the BBBB is “everything is on the table.” That does not sound like a short process.

Reactions: Naija King
Payment options seem to be Plaid (favored by Tesla), or certified check from your bank made out to Tesla Motors. I've seen some posts from folks who said that their personal checks were accepted at delivery, but I don't want to take the chance that a personal check may be rejected at pickup. Better to have the certified check: if things go awry and I don't accept the car for whatever reason, at least the bank will take the check back and restore the funds to my account.

HPWC installed today and on the same day a text reminder from Tesla to ready a trade if I have one. Still no updates but getting close.

We have been agonizing about delaying to hold out for the tax break, but agreed that if there’s no shape/clarity in the Senate on the BBBB by the time delivery is ready, we’ll probably just take it. Last I heard the direct quote on the BBBB is “everything is on the table.” That does not sound like a short process.
Could you PM me who installed yours? I'm still looking for an installer

Payment options seem to be Plaid (favored by Tesla), or certified check from your bank made out to Tesla Motors. I've seen some posts from folks who said that their personal checks were accepted at delivery, but I don't want to take the chance that a personal check may be rejected at pickup. Better to have the certified check: if things go awry and I don't accept the car for whatever reason, at least the bank will take the check back and restore the funds to my account.
FYI you can input random stuff to Plaid and it will take you to a "enter your details manually" page where you can provide direct routing/account number

Ordered 8/1 MYLR MSM 5 Seater Black Interior No Tow No FSD

I got my 2 week window last month. It was November 24 to December 8. Then it was pushed to December 1 to December 15. Now I just got updated this morning December 9 to 31...?? What's going. I have cash selected. This is ridiculous. Located in southern California. Seems like a lot of people in August orders are already getting VINs assignments. I have no VIN yet. This is getting really annoying...

12/2 to 12/15 => 12/9 to 12/31
12/3 to 12/16 -> 12/9 to 12/31 this morning as well.
Seems like CA deliveries have all but stopped at this point.

My theory: the EDD dates are not actually based on an algorithm that factors in the supply chain and manufacturing. Rather, it looks only at the local queue. So, if they are primarily (or only) shipping from Fremont to other parts of the country for a season that is not factored into EDD calculations.

I have a reservation for a LRMY, MSM, White Int, 20" Induction that I will not be needing to take delivery of. The reservation has pricing locked in from June ($52.5K base, $56.5K with options). Not sure if there is any way anyone can benefit from this but I would be happy to transfer the reservation to someone else.

Current delivery est. Dec. 16-31. I would expect to push this to 2022 hoping for some sort of EV tax credit next year.

I already have my LRMY on my account, so I cannot just hand over the account to someone else. Not looking for any profit.

I suspect this reservation will go to waste, but wanted to put it out there if anyone has any ideas.

I got my 2 week window last month. It was November 24 to December 8. Then it was pushed to December 1 to December 15. Now I just got updated this morning December 9 to 31...?? What's going. I have cash selected. This is ridiculous. Located in southern California. Seems like a lot of people in August orders are already getting VINs assignments. I have no VIN yet. This is getting really annoying...
Same boat as you! Same level of frustration!

I have a reservation for a LRMY, MSM, White Int, 20" Induction that I will not be needing to take delivery of. The reservation has pricing locked in from June ($52.5K base, $56.5K with options). Not sure if there is any way anyone can benefit from this but I would be happy to transfer the reservation to someone else.

Current delivery est. Dec. 16-31. I would expect to push this to 2022 hoping for some sort of EV tax credit next year.

I already have my LRMY on my account, so I cannot just hand over the account to someone else. Not looking for any profit.

I suspect this reservation will go to waste, but wanted to put it out there if anyone has any ideas.
Are Teslas going to qualify?

Not sure if there is any way anyone can benefit from this
Not looking for any profit
I suspect this reservation will go to waste
I've seen this many times, and I don't understand it. Just cancel the order? That way everyone benefits because everyone gets bumped up one space in line — otherwise you're just helping Joe Anon cut in line. Oh and you'd more than likely be violating ToS in doing this, so if you're truly not after a profit, then why try?

I'm in a similar situation. December 24-31st became December 15th-31st. Living in NorCal, I've always expected to be a late delivery in the 4Q. I'm low hanging fruit for deliveries, as longer distances are subject to the trucking shortages and longer rail trips.

I fully expect the EDDs to continue to bounce around even more as people get their delivery window and choose to defer to maintain eligibility for the tax credits. Things will get more volatile, not less.

12/3 to 12/16 -> 12/9 to 12/31 this morning as well.
Seems like CA deliveries have all but stopped at this point.

My theory: the EDD dates are not actually based on an algorithm that factors in the supply chain and manufacturing. Rather, it looks only at the local queue. So, if they are primarily (or only) shipping from Fremont to other parts of the country for a season that is not factored into EDD calculations.
I don’t understand how CA orders are processed for the life of me. It’s getting really frustrating feeling like we’re low priority while east coast VINS are being handed out like Halloween Candy

I don’t understand how CA orders are processed for the life of me. It’s getting really frustrating feeling like we’re low priority while east coast VINS are being handed out like Halloween Candy
I know, its super frustrating. Been seeing people all over the U.S. get their vins when they ordered mid to late September and here are us July-August folks getting pushed back further and further.

People on the east coast get their vins because their cars spend more time on trains and trucks, about two weeks from VIN to delivery. They won't be getting VINS late in the month. Cars delivered in California are delivered in less than five days, on average, based on the spreadsheet, so VINs to California deliveries don't need the long lead time to delivery.

People on the east coast get their vins because their cars spend more time on trains and trucks, about two weeks from VIN to delivery. They won't be getting VINS late in the month. Cars delivered in California are delivered in less than five days, on average, based on the spreadsheet, so VINs to California deliveries don't need the long lead time to delivery.
Thank you for that info, makes perfect sense. ✊🏿

I know, its super frustrating. Been seeing people all over the U.S. get their vins when they ordered mid to late September and here are us July-August folks getting pushed back further and further.
Not to mention even the October OD are getting their vins like crazy.
Its a lot to do with the car configuration too thats delaying.

Like I say all the time
Delay Delivery = Red Color + Tow Hitch

Reactions: Naija King
So far they have not pushed the estimated delivery date yet since last week. First day in the delivery date window. Still nothing yet. Hopefully it does not get changed. I keep moving my vacation plans since October so I don't miss it. Now it's in Dec. I'm flying out Dec 22nd for Xmas and NY. Won't be back till the 3rd. Grrrrr.