Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied at Safe Credit Union, got approved. They gave me much better interest rate than. Tesla. When I have a purchase agreement I give it to them and they wire the
I applied at Safe Credit Union, got approved. They gave me much better interest rate than. Tesla. When I have a purchase agreement I give it to them and they wire the money to tesla.
I did mine through Sacramento Credit Union - better rates then what Tesla offered me even though I have a really good credit history…

Reactions: MOM4
Is there anyone who got their 2022 Model Y yet? I was assigned a VIN on December 9th, 2021 and my tentative delivery date was December 16-22, the Sac Tesla rep called me and Congratulated me-telling I’ll have my MY in few days - then EDD moved few times and now it’s says 12/24-12/30. I’ve just spoke with Tesla rep. and they said the VIN # hat I had - had it’s configuration changes therefore next week I’ll get a new VIN # and my Tesla Y, however I don’t believe anything they say now…. Because every Tesla rep tells me different things… 😫 The saddest thing is that I sold my old car - already paid down payment and did financing with my previous VIN# - since I was told that I’ll have my car in few days by Tesla rep… and right now I’m at the air….
(I’m located in Sacramento, North California)

• Informative
Reactions: jackk
Is there anyone who got their 2022 Model Y yet? I was assigned a VIN on December 9th, 2021 and my tentative delivery date was December 16-22, the Sac Tesla rep called me and Congratulated me-telling I’ll have my MY in few days - then EDD moved few times and now it’s says 12/24-12/30. I’ve just spoke with Tesla rep. and they said the VIN # hat I had - had it’s configuration changes therefore next week I’ll get a new VIN # and my Tesla Y, however I don’t believe anything they say now…. Because every Tesla rep tells me different things… 😫 The saddest thing is that I sold my old car - already paid down payment and did financing with my previous VIN# - since I was told that I’ll have my car in few days by Tesla rep… and right now I’m at the air….
(I’m located in Sacramento, North California)
Omg that sucks! Sorry .....

I ended up going through Tesla Partners which ended up being WF. I heard that DCU will overnight the check.
When did you make the call on Tesla Partners? They still haven't finalized that last step of all the documents for me. And if I may be so bold, would you care to share the rate they gave you? Was it the 2.49% on the Tesla website?

I asked my wife about "what if the only way to take delivery is to switch over to Tesla's financing and it's a higher rate?"

I don't think I'm allowed to share on this board what her response was. 🤣

When do you pick up? Having trouble keeping up with things.

Reactions: Naija King
I got a text from them asking if I want delivery in December.
Yep, I assume the number of holds probably is just destroying whatever crazy algorithm runs this. Keep in mind others have gotten that text. But I do think they're lining you up for to be prepped for people that fall through. And there are probably a lot of those after the holds and with it being Christmas Eve!

Hey all... got my MY delivered in late November and my plates came (shocking) and I am looking to get custom license plate. Howeve,r the DMV website says my combination of VIN and license plate is invalid... any ideas? How do I check if Tesla registered with the DMV?
I'd probably post in a thread where most people already have their cars. That sounds very weird. Have you called Tesla?

I ended up going through Tesla Partners which ended up being WF. I heard that DCU will overnight the check.
Thanks, yep. DCU will overnight the check. The situation now is that they are not open until Monday. So, the earliest the check comes is Tuesday, which they say they can do. Called Tesla and guy says "you'll probably pick up Sunday or Monday." I pointed out that I can't have a check until Tuesday, and he refers me to 3 day holding period and "maybe they'll be ok since there's a holiday." If they get my car out of Fremont today, and that maybe doesn't hold, I might get passed over. :oops:

That said, he switched me over from cash VERY easily, no hold wait, and Tesla app shows payment done and $0. And no, I haven't had to actually give them any money yet.

So there's a solution for the "the app looks like I have to pay in advance" issue - call Tesla.

Got a rate lower than what DCU says standard, so definitely not OK with doubling it as Tesla advertises.

Tesla just called and now said they will deliver today at my house. Man this couldn’t get any better.

OD was 8/29. I don’t know what was going on but my EDD pushed all the way out to June as of last week.
Nice. What’s going on is their process of giving and then constantly moving specific delivery date ranges is wack. They should just stick to the general month they gave when you ordered and only provide specific date ranges once it’s 100% confirmed.

The good news is, August Bay Area orders are getting filled!

When did you make the call on Tesla Partners? They still haven't finalized that last step of all the documents for me. And if I may be so bold, would you care to share the rate they gave you? Was it the 2.49% on the Tesla website?

I asked my wife about "what if the only way to take delivery is to switch over to Tesla's financing and it's a higher rate?"

I don't think I'm allowed to share on this board what her response was. 🤣

When do you pick up? Having trouble keeping up with things.
I did everything through the app. I called my SA after I got the vin and he switched me from cash to financing. After a minute or so my app updated and I entered my info and I had an approval in 15-20 mins. It was the standard 2.49% which is ho hum but whatever at this point lol. Like others have said when it’s go time it’s GO TIME things happen really fast. There’s a small chance I get to pick up today. If not my appointment is Sunday in Dublin.

Reactions: Packfan
I did everything through the app. I called my SA after I got the vin and he switched me from cash to financing. After a minute or so my app updated and I entered my info and I had an approval in 15-20 mins. It was the standard 2.49% which is ho hum but whatever at this point lol. Like others have said when it’s go time it’s GO TIME things happen really fast. There’s a small chance I get to pick up today. If not my appointment is Sunday in Dublin.
Yeah sorry, by “call on” I meant “decision to.” We are standing firm on not paying an extra percent and a quarter just because Tesla makes life difficult. We’ll see how that pans out and if I’ll be here talking about day 250. 😀