Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Annnnd this morning the EDD changed to Jan 11th - Feb 8th.

Getting very close to cancelling my order and saying to hell with these people. From rushing me to figure out financing in 16 hours to take delivery, to telling me the car is coming the following week, to now pushing me off by a month? They literally donā€™t give a *sugar* about their customers.
That's what happened to me as well. I had March-April delivery. Then switched to Dec 15-31, Dec 21-31, Dec 24-31. I went in to local Tesla ( since my advisor wouldn't answer the phoen or email) to see if accurate , they said yes, get financing and insurance. I got all that lined up on Dec23, only to wake up on Christmas morning to the Edd of March-April again. I was so upset about running my credit for nothing

Reactions: marx1
That's what happened to me as well. I had March-April delivery. Then switched to Dec 15-31, Dec 21-31, Dec 24-31. I went in to local Tesla ( since my advisor wouldn't answer the phoen or email) to see if accurate , they said yes, get financing and insurance. I got all that lined up on Dec23, only to wake up on Christmas morning to the Edd of March-April again. I was so upset about running my credit for nothing
Itā€™s been said on this forum many times, you donā€™t have a car till you have a VIN. Why anyone would apply for financing or insurance before the VIN is kinda baffling. Financing approval takes less than 24hrs and insurance in CA isnā€™t needed for 30 days after you purchase. No need to panic. Itā€™s coming. šŸ˜€

Reactions: Mrbrock
Itā€™s been said on this forum many times, you donā€™t have a car till you have a VIN. Why anyone would apply for financing or insurance before the VIN is kinda baffling. Financing approval takes less than 24hrs and insurance in CA isnā€™t needed for 30 days after you purchase. No need to panic. Itā€™s coming. šŸ˜€
THIS!!! 1000X THIS!!!

Tesla advisors will say anything to get your money. Pay now! No vin? Still, pay now!

if you are on here, you know there will be a. Wait before you get your car. Be patient. Actually read posts, learn from others mistakes, not just post to complain because you didnā€™t take the time to investigate before acting. The way so many of you act, Iā€™m surprised you havenā€™t jumped off the proverbial cliff just because someone told you to. You are dropping $60k+ on a car and you have no idea the laws relating to its purchase and operation? There used to be a time you wouldnā€™t be allowed to drive if you didnā€™t know this information.

Reactions: eXalentEV and xSCMx
People were complaining about Vin being assigned and then removed the next couple days (both MS and MY forum). :)

I had a vin. I had a vin and a delivery appointment. Dec 31st 4:00pm - 8:00pm. Tesla texted me and told me to get ready. So I scrambled calling the bank, the insurance company, and through some miracle made it all work.

Just to wake up the next day prepared for receive my car only to be told ā€œlol yeah not happening today pal. See you in Februaryā€.

What would you have done? Not applied for financing until the cars literally in the driveway?

I had a vin. I had a vin and a delivery appointment. Dec 31st 4:00pm - 8:00pm. Tesla texted me and told me to get ready. So I scrambled calling the bank, the insurance company, and through some miracle made it all work.

Just to wake up the next day prepared for receive my car only to be told ā€œlol yeah not happening today pal. See you in Februaryā€.

What would you have done? Not applied for financing until the cars literally in the driveway?
Did you select the delivery appointment? Normally, you get a VIN then you select a delivery time within a range that Tesla provides that works for you. Worry about the delivery appointment first and everything else later. If they wonā€™t move it or don't give you a choice, then someone is just pushing for the first person with everything already lined up. I.e. Cash. You are in CA so donā€™t worry about insurance. You only need payment. If you wait a day and they take the car away, you didnā€™t lose anything. Tesla spells out the process on your order agreement regarding timing. For EOQ, they donā€™t seem to follow the timing but the only thing you can get out of them is a refund of your order fee. If you think waiting til 1/1 to pickup isnā€™t unreasonable but someone tells you that you have to do this in the next hour or else, just wait. Itā€™s your credit and your finances, no one is holding a gun to your head to make this purchase.

Reactions: xSCMx
THIS!!! 1000X THIS!!!

Tesla advisors will say anything to get your money. Pay now! No vin? Still, pay now!

if you are on here, you know there will be a. Wait before you get your car. Be patient. Actually read posts, learn from others mistakes, not just post to complain because you didnā€™t take the time to investigate before acting. The way so many of you act, Iā€™m surprised you havenā€™t jumped off the proverbial cliff just because someone told you to. You are dropping $60k+ on a car and you have no idea the laws relating to its purchase and operation? There used to be a time you wouldnā€™t be allowed to drive if you didnā€™t know this information.
I donā€™t get the complaining. No one is forcing these cars on these people. Move on if you hate it so much. Not even stressing. šŸ¤˜šŸ¼

• Disagree
Reactions: marx1 and ap105
Heard something about factory being updated in another thread.

FYI - I took delivery today, VIN NF353xxx
Intel Atom. Car was built on 12/30/2021

Car beautiful, nice , almost perfect just a few small missligmets on rear light and front light... inside clean, nice, smell new...

I took a 100+ miles trip, great car, best car I have ever owned... I'm very happy with my new baby..
Same here, fit and finish is actually better than my previous MS, no rattling sound and solid ride. Suspension is on the sporty side, guess itā€™s on 21 inch and no air suspension.
FYI - I took delivery today, VIN NF353xxx
Intel Atom. Car was built on 12/30/2021

Car beautiful, nice , almost perfect just a few small missligmets on rear light and front light... inside clean, nice, smell new...

I took a 100+ miles trip, great car, best car I have ever owned... I'm very happy with my new baby..

Congratulations Teslitored! Was Danielle the SA? Photo please . . .
No but she did help me with test drives in the past .....

Here is my baby... born 9n 12/30/2021

Screenshot_20220102-221039_Gallery.jpg