Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so my MYLR order date was back in may but since I only completed payment details a few days ago I was told don’t hold my breath for a a car before March. Apparently they only put you like for a build once profile is complete.
There is a small chance I could get someone’s cancellations earlier in Jan and that’s where my order date and being close to the Fremont plant come into play.

I don’t think I’ll get a cancellation with all the people that pushed their holds to come off on Jan.

Con: financing and trade in value expire. Apr rate might go up. Trade in value goes down. Biggest con is the wait!

Pro: newer tech? Ev credit? These seem pretty insignificant given they’re a dice roll.

Ok so my MYLR order date was back in may but since I only completed payment details a few days ago I was told don’t hold my breath for a a car before March. Apparently they only put you like for a build once profile is complete.
There is a small chance I could get someone’s cancellations earlier in Jan and that’s where my order date and being close to the Fremont plant come into play.

I don’t think I’ll get a cancellation with all the people that pushed their holds to come off on Jan.

Con: financing and trade in value expire. Apr rate might go up. Trade in value goes down. Biggest con is the wait!

Pro: newer tech? Ev credit? These seem pretty insignificant given they’re a dice roll

Pro: newer tech? Ev credit? These seem pretty insignificant given they’re a dice roll.
Regarding trade value, mine actually went up compared to July value. And I’ve read that the BBB as written is dead, and if they re-introduce it, who knows how long that will drag out. And newer tech, well there’s OTA updates.

Regarding trade value, mine actually went up compared to July value. And I’ve read that the BBB as written is dead, and if they re-introduce it, who knows how long that will drag out. And newer tech, well there’s OTA updates.
Agree with everything.

Hoping to get it earlier the better. I actually was down to get it before year end but I think I was too late/slow.

Now I’m hoping it’s with the next 30 days but I doubt it esp with all the holds coming off.

Got a text this morning informing me they’re not gonna make today’s delivery and will prioritize me for January.

At least this gives me a shot at the BBB tax credit (if the bill ever gets approved).

Happy New Year everyone! Hoping we all get VINS/timely deliveries/MCU3 Y’s the first week of 2022!
In Irvine as well with the same EDD window. Got a text from Tesla this morning that the car didn’t make it off of the production line overnight.

Hoping to take delivery early next week.

Reactions: ryneezy
In Irvine as well with the same EDD window. Got a text from Tesla this morning that the car didn’t make it off of the production line overnight.

Hoping to take delivery early next week.
Does your app ask you to sign agreements? It’s asking me to sign agreements with date of purchase of today when I know I’m not getting it delivered today (although delivery window is still set for today - I called and confirmed I wasn’t getting it until early January due to freeway closures yesterday)

June 2021 order for MYLR 7-seater, EDD was 12/31 to 1/7, got these texts this morning that I’m ignoring for now (hoping for Ryzen and/or tax breaks and I’m in no hurry to get it):

11:50am
————-
Tesla Update -Your Tesla is scheduled for a PICK-UP on December 31st at 45500 FREMONT BLVD, FREMONT, CA, 94538

IMPORTANT: Please WAIT until you receive a Pick-Up text with your vehicle's spot number before arriving to the Fremont Factory. Prior to then, your vehicle will still be in the final stages of preparation and staging, and will not be ready until the notification has been received.

Thank you!

Tesla Delivery Team

12:59pm
————-
*URGENT TESLA DELIVERY*
Congratulations, we have a new Tesla ready for you! This may be earlier than expected, but we want to offer the opportunity for you to take delivery of your new Tesla today. Please respond to this message within 15 minutes if you want to take advantage of this exciting news.

OD 11/20 MSM/Black/Tow/no FSD/Burbank

Modified date 12/8 Red/Black/Tow/No FSD

“February” estimate when ordering, my contact said likely sooner

A few days after OD: 12/20-12/31

1/3-1/31 (randomly can’t remember when)

12/22-12/31 (then got December delivery text on 12/16 responded “delay”, then “December”, they put me on hold till 1/5)

3/21-4/18 (yikes changed 12/18)

Sold my Model X

12/22-12/31 (changed 12/20)

12/25-12/31 (changed 12/22)

12/28-12/31 (changed 12/26)

12/31-1/11 (changed 12/29)

VIN assigned “338” 12/30 and delivery 12/31-1/8

Auto assigned home delivery for 12/31 4-8pm

Texted asking if I could pick up instead since I was off work and was told “no” but offered an earlier drop off.

12/31 (10:46 am) got a text that my car delivery was on its way.

12/31 (10:51 am) car is in my driveway!

Gaps look great, Intel chip, spoiler attached!

Floor mats from abstract ocean are exceptional - I had Tesla OEM all weather for the X and these are tremendously better.
DA254F97-7987-4870-B752-4448DE69379D.jpeg

Attachments

• BA87165C-68D9-4062-9737-D25B4D70BF61.jpeg
    BA87165C-68D9-4062-9737-D25B4D70BF61.jpeg
    574.4 KB · Views: 52
Update: on the web page it now says my order is on hold until 1/20/2022 (probably because I didn’t respond to the text that asked me if I wanted to pick it up today).

But at 5:30pm I got a phone call from a person at the delivery center named Jenny who said my order would be cancelled if I don’t pick up the car tonight! Can they really do that to someone at 5:30pm on New Year’s Eve?!? Or are these folks just under such extreme pressure that they are saying things like this to threaten people?

• Informative
Reactions: charlesoris
Update: on the web page it now says my order is on hold until 1/20/2022 (probably because I didn’t respond to the text that asked me if I wanted to pick it up today).

But at 5:30pm I got a phone call from a person at the delivery center named Jenny who said my order would be cancelled if I don’t pick up the car tonight! Can they really do that to someone at 5:30pm on New Year’s Eve?!? Or are these folks just under such extreme pressure that they are saying things like this to threaten people?
This is horrible from Tesla. I am furious how Tesla is dealing with their customers.

They have a good product and competition is behind. so Tesla is able to get away with this arrogance. I am seriously considering other cars, but unfortunately there are no good alternatives

Congratulations!! , please take a moment to fill in information for the tracker: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker. Thanks
Filled it out. No rear double pane glass, Intel processor. Will check for battery tomorrow. The first things I noticed were all-season Michelins on the MYP 21” and the seats were different than my 2020 - the cushion and seat back wings are much taller and hold you in like a glove.