Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my eyes on suspension too... but thinking I should at least drive the car stock for a while first. Can you share your thought process on how you decided that you wanted to swap out the suspension already?
I have a 80 mile round trip commute to work. With all the MYP suspension roughness horror stories, I kind of got scared. I needed comfort and I like the aesthetics of a lowered vehicle. I have never ridden in a Tesla, but on my Delivery day I can decide if I want to install them or if the ride would be perfect for me.

Really hoping that Giga Texas will bring down the EDD. I already have suspension waiting and in the market for wheels
Would you mind sharing which brand of suspension you went with? I've been researching several of them also, but have only personally experienced the set made by Ohlins on a Model 3 and it is pretty nice. I plan to just drive the MYLR for a while before I think about changing also. I've mostly has SUVs since I started driving and when I test-drove the MY, it didn't feel that jarring to me so who knows, I might just stick with factory.

Would you mind sharing which brand of suspension you went with? I've been researching several of them also, but have only personally experienced the set made by Ohlins on a Model 3 and it is pretty nice. I plan to just drive the MYLR for a while before I think about changing also. I've mostly has SUVs since I started driving and when I test-drove the MY, it didn't feel that jarring to me so who knows, I might just stick with factory.
I went with @tom @ eas Suggestion and got the KW coilovers.

I have a 80 mile round trip commute to work. With all the MYP suspension roughness horror stories, I kind of got scared. I needed comfort and I like the aesthetics of a lowered vehicle. I have never ridden in a Tesla, but on my Delivery day I can decide if I want to install them or if the ride would be perfect for me.
You can see if your local showroom has a MYP available for test drives.

I test drove one yesterday and they let me drive it around for 30 minutes.

I had a MSM MYLR with order date 11/6. It has been slowly slipping farther and farther out. It finally got to Sept - Oct range. I decided to do the MYP secret edit-design mentioned around here and after a week it jumped back to April 30 to May 14. So there is that.

Of course crap the market has been tanking and I need to sell funds to pay for it but at least I am paying last falls price for a MYP and not the current price.
Well with the recent market downturns I decided I did not want to risk having to sell equities to get the cash now besides the fact it will all come out of my IRA which adds tax withholdings to the mix. I tweaked the MYP back to MYLR and they tweaked my EDD back to August. I can wait.

Well with the recent market downturns I decided I did not want to risk having to sell equities to get the cash now besides the fact it will all come out of my IRA which adds tax withholdings to the mix. I tweaked the MYP back to MYLR and they tweaked my EDD back to August. I can wait.
Good choice. Don't take from a long term asset to pay off a liability. Some may argue an EV, especially a Tesla EV can be an asset currently, I don't think your intention is to sell this car as soon as you get it...

We're all in the waiting game with you! :)

Off-topic comment: I've never really understood why people call cars "liabilities"... at least not under the financial definition. Cars are listed on loan applications as items of value that count toward your net worth... which totally sounds/smells like an "asset". Of course, the auto loan to purchase the car is a "liability"... just like a mortgage on a house (asset).

Off-topic comment: I've never really understood why people call cars "liabilities"... at least not under the financial definition. Cars are listed on loan applications as items of value that count toward your net worth... which totally sounds/smells like an "asset". Of course, the auto loan to purchase the car is a "liability"... just like a mortgage on a house (asset).
I suspect because they depreciate and sometimes quite quickly after purchase. As a result you effectively always have a loss. Thats usually not the case with most other assets of value. Although we are in unusual times right now.

Yes you're right. I should clarify that cars are depreciating assets, while car loans are liabilities. For me personally, I'd figure my cars into my net worth only after they're paid off, and view them as liabilities during loan repayment because they're depreciating and one bad accident can turn them upside down in value. This is just how my mind works to try to keep myself out of debt. :)

Reactions: ryneezy
Right as I'm in the EDD window, Tesla pushes it to: May 04 - May 18

:mad:

Tesla is beyond ridiculous. I got a call from a rep yesterday to confirm my account information because he said I was so close to delivery. I asked him if he was sure since they keep on pushing the dates. He said he was confident.

Today, Tesla pushed the dates to, get this, 8/11 - 9/22? What?

Also my loan app has since expired with Tesla so rates went from 2.75 to 2.99 now. Just great.

• Disagree
Reactions: PeteOC
Tesla is beyond ridiculous. I got a call from a rep yesterday to confirm my account information because he said I was so close to delivery. I asked him if he was sure since they keep on pushing the dates. He said he was confident.

Today, Tesla pushed the dates to, get this, 8/11 - 9/22? What?

Also my loan app has since expired with Tesla so rates went from 2.75 to 2.99 now. Just great.
Wow... That is crazy! If I get this call from Tesla next week, I'm gonna respectfully tell them to leave me alone. LoL.

Seriously though, this makes absolutely no sense...

Reactions: Notadog
damn

sorry to hear fellas

my date recently switched from may 4 - june 1 to now may 1 - may 15 (LA area)

if there's one thing i learned from my previous tesla purchase that i've carried over to this one - do not do anything until you get that VIN - trade-in, sell car, loan application

yet even then, you can still get screwed

hang tight as May is here

How do I find out where my pickup will be? I’m guessing it’s either Irvine or Santa Ana.
I believe once you get your VIN it’ll be easier to find out where you’ll be picking up from, but I’m sure you can call up either location and ask in advance. I am under the impression the Santa Ana (or Costa Mesa?) location is not doing deliveries, but are receiving shipments there and then sending all cars to the Irvine location for final deliveries.

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r