Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD was updated this morning

It was April 30 - May 14 (2 week window)

Now it's May 12 - June 9 (28 day window)

The time period is closer to what I expected for an end of quarter push in California. I'm just surprised at how wide the window is.
I now have the same 4 week EDD window as you, after being 1 day into my 3 previous EDD windows. All that’s missing is a text from Tesla saying “Psych!”

I now have the same 4 week EDD window as you, after being 1 day into my 3 previous EDD windows. All that’s missing is a text from Tesla saying “Psych!”
Hmmm. So it looks like it's not a SoCal thing then. I wonder if it's similar across all of California, or even all across the West Coast.

If so, then I wonder what in their system "thought" that the April 30 - May 14 range was good up until already entering the window.

Was there new information input? If so, what kind of information?

Or perhaps the EDDs that are automatically generated pay no attention at all to location until you approach the delivery window. Then it runs a different algorithm and gives a new estimation based on location. Which then puts you outside the EDD and so it goes back to the old algorithm which doesn't look at location until you near the delivery window. Etc... 😆

Total guesses on my part. But it passes the time.

Hmmm. So it looks like it's not a SoCal thing then. I wonder if it's similar across all of California, or even all across the West Coast.

If so, then I wonder what in their system "thought" that the April 30 - May 14 range was good up until already entering the window.

Or perhaps the EDDs that are automatically generated pay no attention at all to location until you approach the delivery window. Then it runs a different algorithm and gives a new estimation based on location. Which then puts you outside the EDD and so it goes back to the old algorithm which doesn't look at location until you near the delivery window. Etc... 😆

I’ve had that same EDD since 4/22 and I’m also in SoCal.

Reactions: Winning Guy

Just another "gotcha!" moment from Tesla...

2 week timeframes don't means much anymore I guess. Nothing is a sure thing until you have the car in your garage.

Morning folks - against my own better judgment I checked my EDD this morning and it did move a few weeks closer (now July 31-Sept 11) from my OD last Nov 9. Makes me wonder if the algorithm pushes people back to scare them into adding FSD to move up delivery. 😜 (but kinda not joking)

My two-week window (second time) was going to start soon, so obviously I figured I’ll get pushed back again and Tesla did not disappoint… EDD pushed to 5/13 - 6/10 this morning. Looks like a good morning to add sugar to my coffee… LOL.