Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California VINs: are you still waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ideal Tesla service/delivery site would be the old Seaside Pontiac-Buick-GMC dealership off of Miramar near the 805, (6435 Miramar Rd, San Diego, CA). Full dealership facilities (garages, lifts, lots of parking, showroom/delivery area), easy access, and essentially vacant now (only used as a parking lot for commuters) and centrally located in San Diego.

It is a good location. And it much larger than it seems from the road. They can park 400 cars there and it won't even look overcrowded. But it is marked on Google Maps as an employee parking lot for the VA hospital in La Jolla. So, it may not be available to them.

Dug some more through permit records, found another site on Mercury Court, but that one looks like a SolarCity call center.

• Helpful
Reactions: RyanS
Yep, there were lots of blue, red and midnight silver last week. Hopefully we see a big run of black and white VINs this week. Anecdotally, from chatter on forums, it seems like there are a lot of people who have been waiting for white/black for a while.

Based on the tracker, here is the breakdown of what VINs have been assigned since March 1.

White: 1
Black: 6
Blue: 39
Midnight Silver: 13
Red: 29
Silver: 19

I imagine it's a good sign and signifies a production run of black. Hopefully more black VINs to dole out this week.

I have been enjoying all the speculation about East Coast versus West Coast deliveries. I checked and there are 30 black ahead of me without a VIN. We have seen where those on the East Coast are seemingly getting their VIN earlier than those of us close by even for earlier configuration dates. As we get closer to the end of the month, we should see that flip. Why give a VIN for a delivery that won't make it by the end of the month. They should prioritize those closer to delivery by March end. Instead of 30 ahead of me, I would be 14th or 15th. I could be a bit more as I just checked CA only. Hopefully in the next few days we will see their 1Q end strategy play out. Of course I hope everyone gets their car soon! I hope those that speculate a large run of black cars is also happening. If not then as we head in April, we would see the same pattern of East Coast deliveries. If so, I could be waiting until the end of April.

I have been enjoying all the speculation about East Coast versus West Coast deliveries. I checked and there are 30 black ahead of me without a VIN. We have seen where those on the East Coast are seemingly getting their VIN earlier than those of us close by even for earlier configuration dates. As we get closer to the end of the month, we should see that flip. Why give a VIN for a delivery that won't make it by the end of the month. They should prioritize those closer to delivery by March end. Instead of 30 ahead of me, I would be 14th or 15th. I could be a bit more as I just checked CA only. Hopefully in the next few days we will see their 1Q end strategy play out. Of course I hope everyone gets their car soon! I hope those that speculate a large run of black cars is also happening. If not then as we head in April, we would see the same pattern of East Coast deliveries. If so, I could be waiting until the end of April.
Interesting way to look at it, I only see like 5 before me and they could be dead entries. Lets see how this week plays out.