Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by the San Mateo delivery center on the way to work this morning and the lot was FULL of new Model Ys. Don’t know if these are for CA or if they’re just using the service center as an overflow while they wait for shipping/trucking capacity for elsewhere. I see it as a good sign though.

Reactions: jamerob02
Ordered in Feb, but DA reactivated order on 8/6. I had a car assigned in June, but requested an August delivery instead. They had somehow messed up that request and just delayed it indefinitely so it was inactive. I then got a 4-6 weeks text on 8/19, but nothing since. I had specifically requested August to avoid the seemingly poor quality EOQ vehicles, so now I'm pretty worried.

Red/Performance/Towing

Day 1 RWD order converted to AWD on 7/11. No communication until I reached out last week to find out there was a hold on my order, then again today to find out the hold was still in place. Carlsbad delivery center said mid to late September, they expect all orders to be fulfilled by EOQ.

Order placed 8/1: LR AWD MSM/black, 20" wheels, no hitch, FSD. Don't really need a second car at the moment, except I wanted the MY for a Labor Day family road trip. The sales guy said they would be able to match me with a car ahead of the regular delivery window if needed. It was worth the $100 to see if he was BSing. Sure enough, I found out within days that he was "no longer with Tesla" and then I got the "5 to 7 weeks" text putting me right in the EOQ delivery window.

Since the car would probably just sit in the garage most of October and November, I'm likely to scrap the order and tell them to push it out to Thanksgiving. By then, we should know whether holiday road trips are going to be a thing this December and whether people will start driving to the office again at some point. Also, the Mach-E may be closer to reality (federal rebate and all) and we'll know what Battery Day has in store.

I reached out to Tesla via chat and was told that Jimmy, my Burlingame delivery advisor, would contact me, but he didn't.

• Informative
Reactions: alexcue and CO_MY
Bay area resident here.
Ordered mid July, got a VIN 2 days later but was not ready to take delivery. Asked to delay till 8/31 but still waiting for another VIN as of now.

If I'm seeing the upload insurance page, is it safe to assume my account is deemed eligible (as opposed to on hold)?

Bay area resident here.
Ordered mid July, got a VIN 2 days later but was not ready to take delivery. Asked to delay till 8/31 but still waiting for another VIN as of now.

If I'm seeing the upload insurance page, is it safe to assume my account is deemed eligible (as opposed to on hold)?

That is exactly how my order looks that was made on 8/16. Waiting on VIN before I can get the insurance. My Estimated Delivery just shows a dash ( - ) which others see as well while waiting on their VIN. With my limited knowledge on this, it seems like your order is in the same state as everyone else that made an order and didn't do a previous delay. Good luck with getting your car soon.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sundiego26
It's really frustrating. When I ordered my Model S a couple of years ago, I was getting regular phone calls and updates on the status, and I knew pretty quickly after ordering what the 3-day window was to expect delivery. I was expecting the same experience when I ordered the Model Y on July 12 and it's been crickets except for these intermittent text messages that keep bumping the delivery window back. Don't promise delivery in 4-8 weeks if the reality is 10-12 weeks. I expected delivery no later than this week and already sold the other car. When I bought the Model S, it took about 9 weeks but the delivery day was exactly when they said it would be at the time I ordered. I love the car, but hate their customer service.

It's really frustrating. When I ordered my Model S a couple of years ago, I was getting regular phone calls and updates on the status, and I knew pretty quickly after ordering what the 3-day window was to expect delivery. I was expecting the same experience when I ordered the Model Y on July 12 and it's been crickets except for these intermittent text messages that keep bumping the delivery window back. Don't promise delivery in 4-8 weeks if the reality is 10-12 weeks. I expected delivery no later than this week and already sold the other car. When I bought the Model S, it took about 9 weeks but the delivery day was exactly when they said it would be at the time I ordered. I love the car, but hate their customer service.

I'm in the same boat - sold my truck thinking it would be 4 weeks and now most likely it will be 2 months.

Also with ordering my first Tesla it was quite difficult.... in early June I ordered a model 3 was told two weeks and it kept getting pushed back. I ended up tracking down M3 in LA that was literally coming from Fremont. So I sucked it up did a 12 hour round trip(basically following the car).

Then decided that I was tired of pumping $ down the tank for a truck that gets 13mpg and while I wait for the CyberTruck. I'll order a MY and maybe lift it and put bigger tires on it. Anyway now I wait and wait.

Bay Area here. Ordered on 8/23 MSM Performance black interior no FSD no hitch. Website stated 3-5 weeks for delivery when I ordered. Got a Welcome text on 8/24 after completing all the required documents.

I haven’t received any estimated delivery texts yet.