Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with the Rocklin location for update they said no VIN yet but should be getting my delivery in the next week or 2 ‍♂️... They also told me I wont be getting the standard txt messages anymore just updates to when the car would be leaving the factory and expect my VIN within 2 days of getting that txt. Glad I got an update but was really wishing it would come sooner than 2 more weeks.
I’m also picking up in Rocklin. They always just tell me “by the end of the month”. I was kind of expecting to get a text update tomorrow since they seem to come every two weeks but maybe not.

Reactions: joshwa_RN
I’m also picking up in Rocklin. They always just tell me “by the end of the month”. I was kind of expecting to get a text update tomorrow since they seem to come every two weeks but maybe not.

Tomorrow would have been 2 weeks from my 2-4 week txt on 9/2 was trying to be patient but its def been hard when all your friends already have theirs and your the only one waiting hahahaha. Keep our fingers crossed we get it by the end of the month or maybe sooner ....... What configuration did you get?

Rocklin has definitely been good for communications, I just wish they were able to give better updates. I also got "by the end of the month". That is only two weeks from tomorrow!

Ive had different experiences depending on who Ive talk too at Rocklin, I feel like some dontnhave a clue. Someone called to ask me if i was still interested on ordering a model Y when my order was already in for a month

Tomorrow would have been 2 weeks from my 2-4 week txt on 9/2 was trying to be patient but its def been hard when all your friends already have theirs and your the only one waiting hahahaha. Keep our fingers crossed we get it by the end of the month or maybe sooner ....... What configuration did you get?
I got the 2-4 weeks text on 9/2 as well.
Ordered 8/29. LR, White ext. Black interior. 20” wheels. No FSD. No hitch.

Probably still a little too early to panic. I have experience with that DA and don't trust them. Plus the OP of that post edited and said they actually aren't doing a direct drop delivery for him.
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I have some experience with the DA who said you can no longer pick up in Fremont (note, not *factory*, *Fremont* period). Today I was also told I must take home delivery as picking up in Fremont is no longer an option. I have the same DA as in the Reddit post. I asked to divert to a Service Center but haven't heard back yet.
They really want to cut it as close as possible for everyone within 100 miles of the factory....
I'm worried they're preparing to dump a bunch of shoddy vehicles on us. If they are switching to a direct drop-only approach for those close to Fremont as my DA insists, you'll have no ability to inspect the vehicle before you pay for it.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with the Rocklin location for update they said no VIN yet but should be getting my delivery in the next week or 2 ‍♂️... They also told me I wont be getting the standard txt messages anymore just updates to when the car would be leaving the factory and expect my VIN within 2 days of getting that txt. Glad I got an update but was really wishing it would come sooner than 2 more weeks.
When did you order?

I'm worried they're preparing to dump a bunch of shoddy vehicles on us. If they are switching to a direct drop-only approach for those close to Fremont as my DA insists, you'll have no ability to inspect the vehicle before you pay for it.

That reddit OP updated the post and said they confirmed the opposite is now true.

But to your point, just because you get home delivery does not actually waive your right to a return/reject. Don't you still need to submit final (down) payment the same as if you're picking up? What's stopping you from rejecting the car and not submitting the payment and just letting it sit on your driveway until they come take it back? If they pull the bullshit move on me, I'll do it right back. But obviously, we don't want to resort to that.

That reddit OP updated the post and said they confirmed the opposite is now true.

But to your point, just because you get home delivery does not actually waive your right to a return/reject. Don't you still need to submit final (down) payment the same as if you're picking up? What's stopping you from rejecting the car and not submitting the payment and just letting it sit on your driveway until they come take it back? If they pull the bullshit move on me, I'll do it right back. But obviously, we don't want to resort to that.
That OP did update the post, but my DA literally just told me the same thing 20 minutes ago.

To take a direct drop delivery you pay before they drop the car off. You can't reject the vehicle, you can only start the return process in the 7-day window. I asked for an exception to either the prepay policy, or to have the vehicle dropped at a Service Center instead. We'll see what they say.

Quick update: spoke to someone at Palo Alto sales. Fremont and Service Center pickups are suspended. If you accept a direct delivery, you must prepay, and to get into the vehicle you must accept it. So you could refuse the delivery for issues you can see externally, but even if you do so you've already paid.

However, there's a new delivery center in Serramonte, and another in Dublin. If you're near the factory and had selected anything other than Serramonte, Dublin, or home delivery you've been assigned home delivery something. It was not too late to change mine from the auto-selected home delivery to Serramonte.

Bear in mind that I've now gotten two slightly different answers. How closely the above resembles what's actually going on, I have no idea. Hopefully more info starts to trickle in as our flood of vehicles starts next week.

Edit: looks like similar news for at least one other - Serramonte Delivery Center

Last edited:
Quick update: spoke to someone at Palo Alto sales. Fremont and Service Center pickups are suspended. If you accept a direct delivery, you must prepay, and to get into the vehicle you must accept it. So you could refuse the delivery for issues you can see externally, but even if you do so you've already paid.

However, there's a new delivery center in Serramonte, and another in Dublin. If you're near the factory and had selected anything other than Serramonte, Dublin, or home delivery you've been assigned home delivery something. It was not too late to change mine from the auto-selected home delivery to Serramonte.

Bear in mind that I've now gotten two slightly different answers. How closely the above resembles what's actually going on, I have no idea. Hopefully more info starts to trickle in as our flood of vehicles starts next week.

Edit: looks like similar news for at least one other - Serramonte Delivery Center

Literally just now wrote my TA and was told I’m picking up at the Tesla factory. He responded in 5 mins. I am in Big Sur and would love to pick up the car any place closer and that is my only option.

That OP did update the post, but my DA literally just told me the same thing 20 minutes ago.

To take a direct drop delivery you pay before they drop the car off. You can't reject the vehicle, you can only start the return process in the 7-day window. I asked for an exception to either the prepay policy, or to have the vehicle dropped at a Service Center instead. We'll see what they say.
dont fully pay for it so they cannot home deliver. They will bring it to a delivery center for pickup

Literally just now wrote my TA and was told I’m picking up at the Tesla factory. He responded in 5 mins. I am in Big Sur and would love to pick up the car any place closer and that is my only option.
This is so frustrating. What are they even doing? I'm consistently baffled that you can ask 5 people the same question and get 5 different (and definitive) answers. Palo Alto put me in touch with my TA, who I had not heard from yet. Hopefully things become more clear now.

Serramonte isn't that much further so isn't the end of the world, but would prefer to pick up in Fremont and skip the truck load/unload process.

dont fully pay for it so they cannot home deliver. They will bring it to a delivery center for pickup

Interesting tip, thanks. Waiting to see what happens.

+1 i don’t know why they don’t believe us. It’s not just the OP on Reddit but we literally called ourselves. Same information but again things could change but that is what they telling people.

+1 i don’t know why they don’t believe us. It’s not just the OP on Reddit but we literally called ourselves. Same information but again things could change but that is what they telling people.
It's because people are getting conflicting information. Look above at TBigSur's post, for example. They'd probably like to take delivery at Serramonte but were told they needed to take it at Fremont. Whereas I want Fremont but was told Fremont isn't an option and got Serramonte. We won't have a better picture until deliveries start getting schedule. People may be in for a surprise and just not know it yet.

Unfortunately, this is typical Tesla. I could probably dig up 6 year old posts where I complained about talking to a couple different people and getting completely different answers.

Edit: Yup. I could dig one up. In fact, I found four. It would be comical if it didn't make for such a bad experience.
Next-gen REAR seats no longer available for new orders, please post feedback on yours
Speed Assist and Lane Departure Warning
$70+ for Tire Rotation?
if you didn't buy a prepaid service plan