Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have USS but my only highway drive didn’t show them being used with single stack V11.

But did seem to be using them when parking in the garage.

Any other USS owners running latest beta can confirm ?
I'll try and pay attention today. I have a 2018 so have radar and USS, though radar is disabled . I see the USS indicators when parking in the garage, didn't pay much attention when driving though.

This is interesting as beta is running on an older base build and even the newer pubic build USS is still active (for cars w/ USS, isn't it? Tesla Vision is only for non-USS in build builds, right?
My guess is that because the public build isn't single stack it still has the legacy highway feature set with USS. Tesla vision is mostly about disabling radar, which my car has but hasn't used it for some time now even with the public builds. I think probably close to 2 years now since radar was disabled on my car. A bit frustrating to have hardware disabled, but managing multiple software configs would be more problematic. Thanks to the chip shortage, no more radar, which IMO would have reduced phantom braking.

Plus the cars with no USS at all even get a different version of V11. I think that's what 11.3.5 is for. We are on 11.3.4. cars with no USS have a new vision based parking thing that supposedly shows more detail all around the car when parking, but ours still uses the ultrasonics which show mostly front/back with minimal side info.

Just tried it out locally in my neighborhood and wanted to see if I get the voice notes reporting to pop up when disengaging auto pilot (using brakes, steering wheel take over and using the stalk), no option to send voice notes to report about the disengagement. Maybe due to my MX being legacy (2017). Anyone else who has legacy Tesla able to get the voice notes reporting to pop up.

Just tried it out locally in my neighborhood and wanted to see if I get the voice notes reporting to pop up when disengaging auto pilot (using brakes, steering wheel take over and using the stalk), no option to send voice notes to report about the disengagement. Maybe due to my MX being legacy (2017). Anyone else who has legacy Tesla able to get the voice notes reporting to pop up.
It appears that legacy cars do not get the voice notes.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaz
It’s annoyingly asking you to send feedback every time you disconnect AP no matter what. I get that they want feedback as to why one disconnected but I wish I could suppress it

I always try to give feedback even if it's just "Disengaged to take a different route".
You don't have to leave a voice note. The notification goes away quickly and if it does then I'm pretty sure they basically ignore the event. It makes sense to have the short voice tag as then they aren't guessing what went wrong.

Overall I'm actually pretty impressed this far with V11 compared to all previous versions. Still need to watch closely, but there have been a lot of improvements on my drives vs what I'm used to FSD doing.

Reactions: Proppilot
You don't have to leave a voice note. The notification goes away quickly and if it does then I'm pretty sure they basically ignore the event. It makes sense to have the short voice tag as then they aren't guessing what went wrong.

Overall I'm actually pretty impressed this far with V11 compared to all previous versions. Still need to watch closely, but there have been a lot of improvements on my drives vs what I'm used to FSD doing.
The problem is, if I'm in the middle of reccovering from FSD jamming on the brakes at 110kph (on an empty highway in braod daylight) then beeping like a crazy crash warning and disengaging, I don't have time to read what the screen is telling me to do; by the time I've disengaged and resumed speed, the message diappeared. I'm not sure if there's an option to go back later and give Tesla an update.

I was disappointed. I took the first highway drive in a while, turned on FSD with 11.3(?) and it repeatedly did phantom braking, twice severely and a dozen times somwehwat. If was a fairly deserted highway, in less than an hour. I gave up. A few times I attributed braking to maybe the shadow from a car passing me in the inside lane casting a shadow into my lane. Other times, no obvious reason, nobody around, nothing different about the road. Also for some reason it changed to the inside lane "to avoid slow traffic" with not another car for a kilometer either way. (Not surprising. Earlier versions insisted on changing lanes to avoid slow traffic despite my setting to NOT change lanes; Plus, once it tried to change lanes to pass, into a left turn lane that ended in less than a hundred meters.)

I recently got 2022.45.15 which I think is 11.6 so I'll have to see if it's smartened up some, next trip.

Lane selection has always been an issue. Moving over to far right even when miles from right turn. This has been especially problematic on streets where it’s supposed to be no parking certain hours. If it just got over the the second lane and waiting to last name till closer. Like a block or two. It often gets stuck over and over in these time restricted lanes; especially when people don’t follow the signs and cops never ticket.

It also has issues getting into turn only lanes or bus lanes when it it should be going straight in different lane. Usually it says changing lanes to follow route which is wrong.

Maps are obviously a problem. Mine are a year old and seem to never get updates. So shouldn’t be the issue.

Also not a fan of moving to right lane on freeway 3 miles before exit and it just chooses to stay behind slow cars; wount go around with huge gaps and let’s everyone in on merge off-ramps.

EAP just seems to be better on a straight drives on long roads. Is there even a way to drop down to EAP while while still using navigation on auto pilot but without user choosing when to change lanes. They took that flexibility away on highway like surface streets.

Latest beta seems to improve things from limited early adapter pool but not enough videos to confirm.

I like the seeming weekly updates lately. But why did it take years to ramp the updates up to their current speed.

Am happy the upcoming wide release will be using the latest 2023 (or newer) version that the regular wide public non FSD builds.

Not sure I will buy in TO FSD when I replace the Tesla in a year or two. Maybe a Polestar, Lucid or Rivian - and I hate trucks and most SUVS. But Rivian is just amazing on so many reasons. The numerous recalls don’t even phase me.

The way Tesla is cutting staff, resources and funding is not working for me lately with how far were into the whole FSD project - and I’ve been in since day one on multiple cars.

The way Musk is running things as of late and his aggressive, negative and I’m the only one with all the answer attitude is setting worse and worse with me.

Wait as see like every day, week, month for years now.

Interested to see what HW4 promises and can do in the six months once it reasons full functionality since they’re keeping it close to best for new.

Tesla needs to start being more up front with their realistic promises and not taking years to get partially there.

I constantly disengage - not due to safety so much but to stupid or wrong decisions.

It’s just either for me to drive without FSD ON oe constantly disengage and reengauge.

Ugh.

Rant ended.

Man the nags are brutal, once they start they just won’t stop. Autopilot used to be super helpful when you have to eat on the run. Now it’s just having someone bitching at you. They must have added something so once it thinks your not paying attention t goes into like backseat driver mode.