Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Model Y LR a 7 seat, white exterior, black interior on March 23. Completed profile 2 days later. Estimated delivery is October. How accurate is this date? How likely is it to be delayed further? If so, I am thinking of getting a Model 3 or Performance Y with a sooner delivery to drive and sell it when the Y LR 7 seater arrives. Any thoughts?

I ordered in October with an original EDD of "June". It briefly moved into May before being pushed back now to Aug - Sept. I'd place little stock in the accuracy of that date range outside of "you're not getting it tomorrow". It's not a dig at Tesla but chip shortages screwed lots up but now with new factories coming online and production ramping, who knows.

Interesting. Was thinking the same. Of you look. At your car breakdown, there is a base price. Plus the upgrade for long range. See below
Interesting. Hadn't noticed that before. Technically that should make it qualify under the current BC and Federal rules (under $55K) but I guess because they aren't actually selling a $54,900 version it doesn't qualify. So yeah, if that SR AWD comes out and creates a lower base price that is for sale then maybe the Ys will qualify. 🤞

So many potential variables to consider with the iZEV program, but it would certainly be amazing if it applies. I hope MSRP would be determined at time of ordering rather than current MSRP. I guess we'll find out in the next week. After 6 months of hoping my delivery date is imminent, now I'm secretly hoping they don't somehow push forward my delivery date to before any rebate may apply. Estimated delivery date did just improve by about a week and half though.

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow
Order Date Oct 2, 2021
Original Estimated Delivery April 2022
Current Estimated Delivery April 27 - June 1

So many potential variables to consider with the iZEV program, but it would certainly be amazing if it applies. I hope MSRP would be determined at time of ordering rather than current MSRP. I guess we'll find out in the next week. After 6 months of hoping my delivery date is imminent, now I'm secretly hoping they don't somehow push forward my delivery date to before any rebate may apply. Estimated delivery date did just improve by about a week and half though.

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow
Order Date Oct 2, 2021
I am way more scared about early delivery. April 19- May 17. Hope some rebate saves me

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow
Order Date Oct 2, 2021
Ah. I’m just like you.
Same exact car except white/white.
Maybe since we have the same current date range, this one will stick.

No idea on potential (new) rebate possibility but wouldn’t bet on it.

OD Oct 4
Current EDD April 22-May 22 after a million date changes.

Would the rebate apply to us who already ordered or will it be just for new orders after announcement
We’ve seen both. At times retroactive and at times forward date. Given the Govnt really wants to help Ford here (Tesla being the annoying company that doesn’t employ any manufacturing in Canada so usually designed to circumvent them) , they could retroactive for some of the Mach E’s or they are focused on the F150 which is forward.

Would the rebate apply to us who already ordered or will it be just for new orders after announcement
The rebate for us is a point of sale rebate as far as I understand or at least how the current rebate works. In other words once you pick up the vehicle and pay for it either with your financing or cash, the dealer in this case Tesla applies the rebate to the final purchase price after taxes and deducts whatever amount the rebate is.

So to answer you question it would depend on when you take delivery of your vehicle.

The rebate for us is a point of sale rebate as far as I understand or at least how the current rebate works. In other words once you pick up the vehicle and pay for it either with your financing or cash, the dealer in this case Tesla applies the rebate to the final purchase price after taxes and deducts whatever amount the rebate is.

So to answer you question it would depend on when you take delivery of your vehicle.
Quick check buddy, if there's a rebate announced will it come into action on April 7 or a few weeks down the line?

I have a Midnight Silver MYLR on order from August 2021 that moved delivery dates from being December 2021 to March 2022 to June 2022 and now July-Sept 2022 timeframe. Crazy.

Additionally, I also ordered a White M3SR+ in Nov 2021 that moved delivery dates from being Feb 2022 to March 2022 and now May-June 2022 timeframe.

Both were bought before the price hike and no FSD added on either.

Ugh this is crazy - I do have a 2020 M3SR+ and wondering if they are de-prioritizing folks that have a Tesla already and ordered when the price was lower.

I have a Midnight Silver MYLR on order from August 2021 that moved delivery dates from being December 2021 to March 2022 to June 2022 and now July-Sept 2022 timeframe. Crazy.

Additionally, I also ordered a White M3SR+ in Nov 2021 that moved delivery dates from being Feb 2022 to March 2022 and now May-June 2022 timeframe.

Both were bought before the price hike and no FSD added on either.

Ugh this is crazy - I do have a 2020 M3SR+ and wondering if they are de-prioritizing folks that have a Tesla already and ordered when the price was lower.
Bingo. They are prioritizing those paying higher current market rates. Many who have ordered pre pre increases are experiencing the same treatment and cancelling out of frustration…which is what they want to see tbh. They have enough current rate orders to fulfill for a year. It’s frankly pathetic of Tesla.

Ok so then no chance at tesla making the cut here. None of their models are under 55k and never will be now.
So it should. I quoted the wrong article sorry. Looks like Ford lightning and Chevy electric truck will qualify, and they are pricey. April.7 we will have a better idea, fingers crossed.

Reactions: Destiny1701
Ok so then no chance at tesla making the cut here. None of their models are under 55k and never will be now.
$55K is the current limit. But they hinted they would be upping the limit. We shall find out on Thursday. Whatever the limit ends up being, it doesn't apply to options or packages that are added to bring up the price. So for some manufactures that have a lot of optional packages that you can tack onto the base price you can end up getting a very expensive car and still qualify for the rebate. Tesla still lists the Model Y base price under $55K with LR being an "option" but because they don't sell a car under $55K the Y doesn't qualify. At least that is my understanding.

Bingo. They are prioritizing those paying higher current market rates. Many who have ordered pre pre increases are experiencing the same treatment and cancelling out of frustration…which is what they want to see tbh. They have enough current rate orders to fulfill for a year. It’s frankly pathetic of Tesla.
That just sucks if true. Wondering what to do now except wait.