Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At Vaughan right now, front bumper was scratched and so was the door. Residue on the driver door and trim and weather stripping on the roof was popped out. They took it back in to try to fix it.
No. They were able to buff everything out. Only one small blemish afterwards in the paint. Looks like they touched up a chip. The SA said i had a choice to decline delviery and then wait for the next one to come in but i decided to take it, very minor. Overall good experience, I had them take the car back inside to details 3 times. They seemed a bit annoyed after the 2nd time but i wasnt going to leave until i was happy.

@Destiny, did you order the blue performance?
Yes that was you guys with the MSM yes?!!

Yes!! Brought the whole family 😁. I was going to see if it was you but you were helping the other lady in the M3. I saw they took your car in, everything okay?
Oh yes it’s ok 👍🏽 they had a small little chip on the inside of the front fender almost hidden by the hood. But they touched it up right away and it will be hidden once ppf comes on.

And my damp rag came in handy lol. Got out some of the residual plastic and cleaned the areas they missed incl the rims.

Ya I was helping this older lady who reminded me of my mother lol. It was her first Tesla and no one explained anything to her about how it all works. I’m disappointed that Tesla only reserves interior function walk throughs for Model X and S only. This poor lady hadn’t a clue so I spent 20 min while chip was getting repaired. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I enjoy teaching new owners …it’s been 6 yrs for me.

I have noticed some issues with the MYP…nothing that can’t be addressed:

1. The drivers rear lift gate pillar has too much space between it and the window trim.

2. The drivers door is about 1-1.5mm lower then the passenger door.

3. Front hood is slightly 1-2 mm misaligned to the drivers side (gap to fenders is not equal)

All 3 of the issues can and will be fixed at the follow up first service visit 👍🏽Not a big concern :)

Other than this, it was spotless! Paint was perfect..not a single blemish or scratch anywhere. Doors all close perfectly, trunk open closes smoothly. Interior was spotless and not even one issue which was a pleasant surprise lol.

I noticed tire psi was 43/44 all around after driving the first few minutes, so I deflated them all to 38 and it really helped with the overall damping :)

The speed is astounding. Personally I have boost in my M3LR and tbh it felt quite similar in acceleration but not as go kart ish. The M3 is hands down more fun to drive but the space , the visibility and overall expansiveness of the MY is well worth it!

I’ll post pics tomorrow :) hope you enjoy your MSM MYP…it looked amazing!

Last edited:
Ok here’s some initial exterior pics :) stock 255/275 and no window tint or decal colour change as yet :)
DA9917CD-AA15-444D-B339-06BC4337E0F0.jpeg
F5D6F46F-D33B-440E-A2A2-06F4854E48F8.jpeg
A25125A8-FDE7-40CC-A262-20D3765A7AB1.jpeg
2B993761-A06B-44FE-8B85-E28A86BD96BB.jpeg

Ok here’s some initial exterior pics :) stock 255/275 and no window tint or decal colour change as yet :)
Looks so good in blue!! Congrats!

What’s your plans with it next?

I finished up my wall connector install yesterday.

My EDD is still June 16-30.. has been for the last week. Prior to that I received the trade in text May 14 which I responded to “no trade in, cash purchase” my EDD at that time was May 19-June 16. I did get an odd EDD of July 12-Aug 16 in between the most recent one. No VIN yet.

Attachments

• 48088BF9-BD7E-48A0-961E-5CB82D50B98F.jpeg
    48088BF9-BD7E-48A0-961E-5CB82D50B98F.jpeg
    496.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Looks so good in blue!! Congrats!

What’s your plans with it next?

I finished up my wall connector install yesterday.

My EDD is still June 16-30
Thx man.

Future plans:
295/275 set up
PPF partial front/side rockers/rear bumper
Front/Rear decals and lisc plate to be carbon/pewter ie. Uber rim colour
Match front windows to rear (20% I think)
Yoke steering (debatable as I have it in M3 and wife doesn’t like lol)
Alcatera front dash trim over the wood (matches same as the wireless charger and door alcatera.
Rubber dual cup holder

Last edited:
Reactions: phillukk
Thx man.

Future plans:
295/275 set up
PPF partial front/side rockers/rear bumper
Front/Rear decals to be carbon/pewter ie. Uber rim colour
Match front windows to rear (20% I think)
Yoke steering (debatable as I have it in M3 and wife doesn’t like lol)
Alcatera front dash trim over the wood (matches same as the wireless charger and door alcatera.
Rubber dual cup holder
Nice! I can’t wait to see it. Good ideas. Get that PPF on their asap :)

I also like the idea of keeping things consistent with colours. It will look slick!

Since I have already prepaid for Car Pro CQ.UK 3.0 ceramic coating, I’ll stick with that and get it done asap. I will also want to match the tint in rear as I heard it’s not beneficial to tint the roof. Still considering that.

Observations: white color holds well sans ppf. Charging on 120v is a pain... home charging with a tesla wall-mounted thingy is fast. autopilot booster works great with zero disengagement or alerts in a 150km run.. still cant get over the acceleration