Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double vision (ghosting) at night through windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still getting the "engineers are aware of the problem and working on a solution" line from my SC. I doubt they really are, as it's been a year, and they seem to have higher priorities. Anyone else have any updates? This is really unacceptable to live with..

Reactions: Cowby
I tinted my windshield with Suntek cxp 70. Mariginal (~20-25%) improvement in ghosting. Daytime is pretty much unnoticeable now with nighttime ghosting reduced to a more tolerable amount.

I also got the "it's a known issue without any fixes yet" line along with the acceleration shudder issue.

Still love the X tho with all its dang flaws, lol.

Reactions: EV-lutioin
80AA7157-77B4-423D-AE6D-9AC0E66B0D60.jpeg
Yea, it is AGP on our Sept 2016, and it ghosts just fine.

Hm, my X made September 1st or so has the AGP 1105964-00-B part. I thought we had decided that was the fix. :)

I thought that this part number is just the one required for AP2 (and possibly AP2.5) hardware. And although it is tied in the parts listing to “AP2.0”, I have the same windshield part number for AP2.5. This is because the front camera config behind the windshield is different from AP1. So if it does happen to also be better for ghosting, it is not going to help the AP1 folks.

So, I am getting my windshield replaced next week on my API MX. I just want to confirm if AGP 1105964-00-B is the non-ghosting windshield? I am getting a little confused as I read through the posts. If you have that part number please share your ghosting experiences.