Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update 2018.14.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 14.2 tonight and tried out AP. It was interesting becuase of this construction area near where I live... I had tried AP @ 40MPH headed towards the cones and it would typically either A) want to run through them or B) slow down. Depending on software.

With 14.2 it slowed down from 40 to 18, rather smoothly and picked up speed again last second…

Our 2012 S P85 has 14.2 and got the new maps & navigation yesterday.

Our S 100D still is on 10.4 - time to call Tesla about this. We had several instances last year with software update issues - and will have them check the logs to see if we're having problems.

Our S 100D still is on 10.4 - time to call Tesla about this. We had several instances last year with software update issues - and will have them check the logs to see if we're having problems.
Many of us are on 10.4 or 12.0 -- they are not picking on you specifically :)
14.2 seems to be a major release as it is hitting many cars over the past few days.

RSgccXB.jpg

Via: http://firmware.teslafi.com/

Reactions: Sharps97

Please, please, unless you have received an "Update failed" notification, do not call Tesla just because you are a few weeks behind the latest and (not so) greatest. 25% of the fleet is still on 10.4. Nothing is wrong unless you've seen an error. Tesla is stretched pretty thinly as it is; please don't create unnecessary work for them.

Anyway, all signs are that you don't actually want 2018.14.x.

Please, please, unless you have received an "Update failed" notification, do not call Tesla just because you are a few weeks behind the latest and (not so) greatest. 25% of the fleet is still on 10.4. Nothing is wrong unless you've seen an error. Tesla is stretched pretty thinly as it is; please don't create unnecessary work for them.

Anyway, all signs are that you don't actually want 2018.14.x.
Why would that be?

so I got 2018.14.2 earlier today (from 2018.10.4). Only driven about 6 miles so can't say about any differences but I did do a before and after on html5test.com and it went from 174 to 301 like others have mentioned.

Then I get an alert from TeslaFi about 2018.14.7 (albeit on a Model 3) - its like waiting for Christmas but also pulling teeth at the same time :) gotta love updates

I received the 2018.14.2 a88808e update yesterday overwriting the previous 14.2 release that I got last week. It did not come with the updated maps.

However- got the maps this morning. Redrawing is really smooth in comparison to the old version. Good update!

I got 14.2 today. The MCU seems faster but it could be placebo. Nothing in the release notes about the new navigation beta though.

Has anyone noticed any issues with early breaking with AP engaged? It was greatly improved in 10.4, but on 14.2 I had one instance where it felt like it was going to smash into the stopped car in front of me if I didn't take action.

Hopefully this isn't a regression in AP performance.

Received 2018.14.2 yesterday and the map update this morning. One thing I've noticed though is while on AP my speed is capped at 5 mph over the speed limit even on major divided roads where previously it was not. It is not capped on interstates. I'm not in favor of this new behavior. :( Anyone else notice this?