Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well...
I've been moved to Friday 11/5.

Some bad info on Saturday from Leonardo.
The SA that booked my order, Julie, called and said my car is inbound and will not be in Tampa until Tuesday. Friday is my next available day to get into Tampa.

Add +48 hours to the ride. 😎
Have you checked the app? You can sometimes see the location of the vehicle. It’s funny because before it was my pick-up date I actually could play with the AC and see it on the lot via a locator.
This is great advice.

I have to say that EVs are in short supply and even EVs with tax credits like ID.4 and Mach-Es sell used at MSRP or above it (especially Mach-Es). So I expect when the tax credit arrives... instead of $68K for barely used Model Ys we will see prices around $60K (which is the MSRP of many of these Teslas) in a few months.

You ask who would buy these overpriced tax-credit eligible EVs? Well... I was... because I already received the tax credit on my ID.4 and the trade-in plus tax savings so buying a used Mach-E at MSRP would be like if I bought the Mach-E originally (I lose on doc/dealer fees). All new Mach-Es were going for $5K-10K over MSRP on dealer lots anyhow.
Hey, I hear you. These are crazy times. Short supplies, huge demands, new taxes...it's like the best/worst time for EVs lolol. Cannot wait to see what plays out in the future.

Reactions: Ormond
I really wonder if you guys going to take delivery on Nov and Dec? Or you guys going to wait for next year so you can get tax credit?
I’m waiting. It seems like a foregone conclusion that the tax credit in some form will be passed stimulating it takes affect on 1/1/2022 at this point. I’m not going to leave thousands of dollars on the table over a few weeks, especially since I’ve been waiting since April.

apologies as i am extremely forgetful
my insurance agent is refusing to give me even a vaguely rough quote on MYLR until i give him an actual VIN.
in 55 years and 1.4 million miles, all my wrecks (3) consisted of getting rear ended at stop lights by distracted drivers who rammed me.
anyone have any insurance favorites in Cape Coral area?
(is there a thread?)

apologies as i am extremely forgetful
my insurance agent is refusing to give me even a vaguely rough quote on MYLR until i give him an actual VIN.
in 55 years and 1.4 million miles, all my wrecks (3) consisted of getting rear ended at stop lights by distracted drivers who rammed me.
anyone have any insurance favorites in Cape Coral area?
(is there a thread?)
I’m 36, been driving since I was 15. No accidents since 2004. I had USAA and I was quoted $2000 for my year premium. I use progressive now, paying $632 for my 6-month premium. I have safe driver, student, snap shot, and 4 year discount with them. How have I been with them for 4 years if I had USAA, well in Michigan USAA does not exist so progressive and them team up. Once I came back to Florida stayed with them combined. I was going to go back to just USAA but it was expensive and they used to be the cheaper of the two. Hope that helps. I know USAA is exclusive to military members but just in case.

Ps if you want a way to get a rough quote for a car, you could try Carvana and “borrow” a vin that is listed on all their cars and tell them you plan to buy it. That’s an option.

I'm not certain how to locate a vehicle by VIN. I see nothing within the Tesla app to do that
So weird. My car showed up 4 days early on my app it was super weird. I was playing with the controls. Don’t know if that actually worked but I know I couldn’t unlock or start it. I only had control of AC and the gps location.

I’m 36, been driving since I was 15. No accidents since 2004. I had USAA and I was quoted $2000 for my year premium. I use progressive now, paying $632 for my 6-month premium. I have safe driver, student, snap shot, and 4 year discount with them. How have I been with them for 4 years if I had USAA, well in Michigan USAA does not exist so progressive and them team up. Once I came back to Florida stayed with them combined. I was going to go back to just USAA but it was expensive and they used to be the cheaper of the two. Hope that helps. I know USAA is exclusive to military members but just in case.

Ps if you want a way to get a rough quote for a car, you could try Carvana and “borrow” a vin that is listed on all their cars and tell them you plan to buy it. That’s an option.

So weird. My car showed up 4 days early on my app it was super weird. I was playing with the controls. Don’t know if that actually worked but I know I couldn’t unlock or start it. I only had control of AC and the gps location.
thanks, most excellent suggestion (i’m 73)(been driving since i was 10-12)
5YJYGDEE4MF062793. is a 2021 MYLR from carvana.
my agent is becoming very vexing and more and more “short term”

I really wonder if you guys going to take delivery on Nov and Dec? Or you guys going to wait for next year so you can get tax credit?
I’m supposed to take delivery between 11/10 - 11/16 but I’m going to call to put delivery’s on hold till about 12/20.
2 months wait for $8000 savings is not too much but we also just took delivery of a MY 1.5 months ago. If it was the first, we probably would take delivery but we have one holding it down so we can wait for a second one.

. My car showed up 4 days early on my app it was super weird. I was playing with the controls. Don’t know if that actually worked but I know I couldn’t unlock or start it. I only had control of AC and the gps location.

I have no controls in my app. Interesting though as I asked Julie @Tampa Distribution on how that works. She told me that once everything was signed, I should log out and back on and I would see a replacement app with controls. You appear to have something that escaped from Software Quality Assurance hell.

2 weeks ago, it was looking like a happy post Thanksgiving delivery and today I'm a bit sad that I have to wait to Nov. 5th.
We're freaking spoiled.
😎

That's just crazy... no controls appeared for my MYLR (only tutorial videos) until I accepted delivery of the car on the website. I remember discussing this with the SA during the delivery day last weekend. Once I accepted.. I had full control!

Oh... live Sentry is fun. I turned it on tonight while at Disney Springs and saw two women taking selfies and photos with my Tesla. I could have honked them (there's a button to do so) but they seemed innocent and I didn't want to be an ass. Now if they were lying on top of my car... that's the different story.

• Funny
Reactions: Samier_RN
Oh... live Sentry is fun. I turned it on tonight while at Disney Springs and saw two women taking selfies and photos with my Tesla. I could have honked them (there's a button to do so) but they seemed innocent and I didn't want to be an ass. Now if they were lying on top of my car... that's the different story.

That is awesome!
I would have used the boombox thanked them, and request that they leave $5 under the wiper blade..
🤣

Too bad I have an Android.

Reactions: Ormond and voxel

Each of us in a different situation but from what I gather from these forums and Discord... is there are thousands probably putting orders on hold. It's a question asked every 10 minutes it seems.. lol.

I do think it is financially prudent to do so - until we all know what happens with the tax credit. I do know if the tax credits get passed... the Jan-Mar timeframe will be an EDD crapshoot.

Before I purchased a demo MYLR last weekend, I had a red/white MYLR with an EDD of late Jan (that I put on hold because I said I wanted some time with the new MYLR). Would unholds from Nov-Dec bump me to April? Would that be fair? I was already scheduled according to the system. Same with my MYP that I just put an order for (without filing out the profile). If my EDD is mid-Jan... should those with holds (now unholding) leapfrog me? Currently, Tesla is only dealing with maybe hundreds of holds for various reasons but that becomes thousands upon thousands once the tax credit gets passed.

Last edited:
Each of us in a different situation but from what I gather from these forums and Discord... is there are thousands probably putting orders on hold. It's a question asked every 10 minutes it seems.. lol.

I do think it is financially prudent to do so - until we all know what happens with the tax credit. I do know if the tax credits get passed... the Jan-Mar timeframe will be an EDD crapshoot.

Before I purchased a demo MYLR last weekend, I had a red/white MYLR with an EDD of late Jan (that I put on hold because I said I wanted some time with the new MYLR). Would unholds from Nov-Dec bump me to April? Would that be fair? I was already scheduled according to the system. Same with my MYP that I just put an order for (without filing out the profile). If my EDD is mid-Jan... should those with holds (now unholding) leapfrog me? Currently, Tesla is only dealing with maybe hundreds of holds for various reasons but that becomes thousands upon thousands once the tax credit gets passed.

How Tesla handles "Holds" once the bill passes is anyone's guess. Their situation is unique among every EV manufacturer. They:
• Produce at scale
• Have up to 10 month backlog
• Are holding tens of thousands of orders, returning thousands of dollars less than current prices

My 2 cents as of today...
As long as Tesla has zero cars backed up in inventory, and they earn their prescribed profit, no problem. If inflation starts to eat into their earnings, then things will change. I'm taking delivery this year. That's my choice with full knowledge I can place my order on hold for potential savings.

The absolute worst thing that can happen is being denied any future hold. Then, you take delivery at the current order price and time. The same price and time you previously agreed to. We still get our Tesla's.

Of course tomorrow, I get another shot at guessing.
We all do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormond

My theory is that Tesla will start to punish the buyers that put their cars on hold. Something like you dont take it then you pay the current market price when you do. I mean my car isnt even on the assembly line yet and just to add a tow hitch will bring the car base price up $2000 so the hitch will ultimately cost $3000, I could understand that if they started my build or something but I have an EDD of Feb, it really cant throw their assembly line off or delivery logistics by checking add tow hitch. Someone not taking their car has to be more of a pain on their side.

They cant keep this business model - I could put one on hold now at $56000 and wait a year until the range increases to 500 and the car price is 65-70K, imagine if i did it when they were 49K, they cant keep it up, thats potentially a 20K profit loss for Tesla.

Last edited:
Again, it sounds great on paper but you do have to take into account these car companies that are reselling will see that people can get a car cheaper if they just wait. For them to be competitive, we probably will see them drop prices and take less for trade-in. If you get a car early or truly plan to sell, you might want to get offers close to the deadline and lock them in. Carvana is 30 days with a 14 extension. Vroom is 14 days. Others are typically 7 days. We saw this when the first tax credit happened originally with Tesla and other EV‘s, with lots of price drops (even though Tesla raised their car price of the model 3). I remember I got my first Nissan Leaf with only 16,000 miles for $10,000. Absolutely nothing wrong and only a year old but the tax credit was killing them from selling it. Just giving my advice but, you do you boo 👻

Ps if you know you will 100% without a doubt make a profit after taxes, do it, just do it lol. Don’t even think twice. My backup plan is to sell privately. I still have a number of people interested in the EV event. That’s another good option to try. Just in case.

Pss forgot to add if you truly are sure you want to order another, do it now. If this gets approved how it stands now, Tesla has a lot of wiggle room for price increase because of the incentive. $69,000 I think is the cut-off for SUV if it hasn’t changed. So, we shall see, and technically it could mean trade-in will still be lucrative but so many possibilities and unknowns. But if I was in your shoes, I would go ahead and do it now.

Hey, you better have a custom horn that plays the imperial march or I'll be very very disappointed.
Oh the market may definitely not be as hot as it is now but since it's only $250 to make an order, it's small enough a bet to get a newer car with tax rebates while also cashing in (if market is still hot). If used MY prices have fallen and won't make sense to sell, then all we're out is $250 or we keep that order on hold for 4680 whenever it comes out.

Just called to request to be unmatched from my VIN and placed on hold till 12/20. Lady said I can click "I'm ready" whenever I want before 12/20 to be back in queue for matching but she couldn't confirm if I go the end of the line or right to the front. She did say if I go to the end of the line, I wouldn't be at the end end and would be prioritized in some way. If tax credits get passed as retroactive, I might be ready sooner.

Now that I think about it, with EOQ/EOY, if the tax credit is not retroactive, there will be a ton of rejections in the last couple weeks of December. I wonder if it would have been better to choose 12/31, lol. That way, I don't get matched with a forced delivery date before 12/31. Oh well, we'll see.
I hope someone is telling the folks in Congress of the storm they are about to create if this is not retroactive and hopefully they're listening.
I would call my reps/senator but since it looks like dems are going alone on this, not sure my reps would do anything since they are republicans. This reference is not a dig at any political party.

Reactions: Ormond and voxel
How Tesla handles "Holds" once the bill passes is anyone's guess. Their situation is unique among every EV manufacturer. They:
• Produce at scale
• Have up to 10 month backlog
• Are holding tens of thousands of orders, returning thousands of dollars less than current prices

My 2 cents as of today...
As long as Tesla has zero cars backed up in inventory, and they earn their prescribed profit, no problem. If inflation starts to eat into their earnings, then things will change. I'm taking delivery this year. That's my choice with full knowledge I can place my order on hold for potential savings.

The absolute worst thing that can happen is being denied any future hold. Then, you take delivery at the current order price and time. The same price and time you previously agreed to. We still get our Tesla's.

Of course tomorrow, I get another shot at guessing.
We all do.

My theory is that Tesla will start to punish the buyers that put their cars on hold. Something like you dont take it then you pay the current market price when you do. I mean my car isnt even on the assembly line yet and just to add a tow hitch will bring the car base price up $2000 so the hitch will ultimately cost $3000, I could understand that if they started my build or something but I have an EDD of Feb, it really cant throw their assembly line off or delivery logistics by checking add tow hitch. Someone not taking their car has to be more of a pain on their side.

They cant keep this business model - I could put one on hold now at $56000 and wait a year until the range increases to 500 and the car price is 65-70K, imagine if i did it when they were 49K, they cant keep it up, thats potentially a 20K profit loss for Tesla.
This has been stated in a couple of forum posts about "forced cancels" on orders. Tesla sent out emails for people that had 2020 MY holds and told them they needed to take delivery soon or forfeit their order. Now, I just got off the phone with a rep and chat service, and both said roughly the same thing. You can hold a charge for 6-9 months. If you need a second hold, they will do that, but they will cancel the order after that, and you will have to order again. They would not talk about the forced cancel/order that some people faced around the start of 2021. The point is, technically, you can not hold for that long of a price change unless special times, like now, have occurred. Suppose the bill gets passed and people set a hold. In that case, could see a strict hold rule, or people will be notified that a price increase has occurred and they have so much time to take delivery before they are subjected to the change; so it's best to do it now while you can and worry about that time later, lol. They also said the agreement letter explains some information, but I did not see much.

2021-11-01.png

This is the letter I received around that time. Others got a letter. I asked for a more extended hold because I wouldn't graduate from school until December, and it was meant to be a gift to myself. They told me I would have until August 15, 2021, to place the order or lose it (SA spoke to me on the phone). That is why I completed my order at the end of July, so I did not forget. This is technically my third hold, but they only counted the first as an extension, and my new one is the second. We shall see what happens. I was not going to order a Tesla until this year. Still, the rep that did the Tesla Drive at the Tampa Outlet Mall was suckering me in lolol He was like, order the car, $100, and I will set a hold that you do not have to pay anything until you are ready. He knew well that I would wait until December 2021, and he said it was fine, so I did it. It sucks for people who paid more and did not know you could do that, but it would mean Tesla needs to enforce more rules. Who knows, for those of us that now know...order what you want now and hold. TSLA LONG HOLD!

PS: I doubt it is a $20k loss only because they said on the earnings call and webinar that the cost of the car's construction is dropping. They showed the beginning of the year when the model y was the cheapest, MS had the meme price, and even the other cars all had lower prices.

So, it is additional profit, not a loss for them. For sure, it might be a loss now because of the supply issues, but I do not see this staying the case for too long. We shall see, though.

Last edited: