Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 727665
You can see my price for the car. I have the lowest the Model Y ever got. As I said in a previous post, buying a Tesla car is like buying a stock in TSLA lol it can be unpredictable and if you know you want something, buy it and HOLD it (seriously, just like a stock). This is why I locked in the cybertruck price like @pcmike and a MS because I know those will jump up too. I just really wished I locked in the MS price sooner than the $89,990 verse the old $69,420. That will forever haunt me.

Will you have it tinted by the time the event rolls? Also, any chance you saw any newer MS or MX in the test drive area? I sort of wanted to go test drive them. I want to experience them :p
[
Not likely on the MYLR. I'm down to EVStudio and APG. Leaning to APG. We decided on full ppf, tint and ceramic. I'm very concerned about partial ppf. I cannot see how any installer can apply ppf behind the rear wheel well without having an edge on a painted surface. I hear that over time buildup can occur making the line quite visible. (I ordered Black). Expel ceramic for the ppf and tint.

I am going to do a darker front and a lighter back to achieve a matching side view. 30 front and 70 back appear to be the popular choices. Will do the back hatch and thinking about a windshield tint. I need to verify compatibility with RFID tags. They need 1-2 weeks to schedule. I plan on talking to both on Monday. But I will have it loaded with all sorts of accessories I bought while waiting 3 months.

No MS or MX for demos. MY & M3 only. Quite a few older MS in for service as well as a few MXs. Dang, those are huge! The tiny Tesla was up and running. 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: Samier_RN
I heard subprime dealers are buying up Teslas in auctions just to have one on the floor with a crazy high sticker price. They expect to make profit on subprime borrowers with high interest rates.

Lately I’ve seen a few $67-68K used Model Ys so I suspect with tax credit restoration and 8-10 month wait time will keep used prices a little high before I receive my red/white MYLR. If no tax credit, I’m going to push back the red/white order to next fall in hopes of getting a build with 4860 cells.

I’m seriously looking at MYP and a fully loaded MYLR (hopefully Austin build) also now but can’t decide if I should create a second Tesla account for them. If didn’t want them, I would just sell/transfer the entire account to somebody else.
I am interested to see what this tax credit will do. I mean, there are so many choices of what to do; I hope that the MS goes back to $80,000 and lets everyone buy MY and M3 because of the credit and jump those prices up more. It happened with the first tax credit, Papa Musk, helping us make money. I seriously think you would love the MYP; sure, the ride can be a little rough, but that might not be too bad depending on where you live.
[
Not likely on the MYLR. I'm down to EVStudio and APG. Leaning to APG. We decided on full ppf, tint and ceramic. I'm very concerned about partial ppf. I cannot see how any installer can apply ppf behind the rear wheel well without having an edge on a painted surface. I hear that over time buildup can occur making the line quite visible. (I ordered Black). Expel ceramic for the ppf and tint.

I am going to do a darker front and a lighter back to achieve a matching side view. 30 front and 70 back appear to be the popular choices. Will do the back hatch and thinking about a windshield tint. I need to verify compatibility with RFID tags. They need 1-2 weeks to schedule. I plan on talking to both on Monday. But I will have it loaded with all sorts of accessories I bought while waiting 3 months.

No MS or MX for demos. MY & M3 only. Quite a few older MS in for service as well as a few MXs. Dang, those are huge! The tiny Tesla was up and running. 😀
Let me know if you like whoever you pick. I am sticking with the local business here in Hudson, AJ is excellent, and the price is the best so far. I am a sucker for Mom/Pop places. Even though your MY will not have the tint, the MY by itself is a beauty. I am doing the same as you; I want an "even" appeal. I know all SUVs get that privacy screen on the windows, but I sort of wish they would keep it off so we can tint it. Since I care about the heat/UV education and not the tint level, I am okay mix/match. I will probably get a semi-transparent percentage. I still want people to see in, just not a lot. Not a fan of pitch black, just my preference.

I'm sad you did not see any demo MS/MX :( Back in September; I saw a TON of plaids leaving the lot. It was ridiculous how many, but that location is near the heart of some of the wealthiest people, so, to be expected, lol. I could not stop starring at that yoke; I'm a nerd; that looks so fun to drive. I am all about uniqueness, so I got a cybertruck even though I am not a fan of trucks. Maybe someone will bring one to the Oldsmar event that I can try out. Some people do let you test drive there; it would be awesome.

I dont believe this is correct but a SA told me that if I match a car that was ordered with a lower base price I can get that car at that price not my higher price. Is that true?
I would say that is true if it was given up. The sticker price for the car remains the same for what you purchased or whatever they purchased.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
4D586AE5-A0F0-4585-A054-2657C63FDA61.png

Potentially scoring my MY for ~$47K OTD makes it incredibly silly to take delivery any time before next year! Every time I get in the car I would be kicking myself. Going the way of @Samier_RN!

Reactions: Samier_RN and voxel
Let me know if you like whoever you pick. I am sticking with the local business here in Hudson, AJ is excellent, and the price is the best so far. I am a sucker for Mom/Pop places. Even though your MY will not have the tint, the MY by itself is a beauty. I am doing the same as you; I want an "even" appeal. I know all SUVs get that privacy screen on the windows, but I sort of wish they would keep it off so we can tint it. Since I care about the heat/UV education and not the tint level, I am okay mix/match. I will probably get a semi-transparent percentage. I still want people to see in, just not a lot. Not a fan of pitch black, just my preference.

I'm sad you did not see any demo MS/MX :( Back in September; I saw a TON of plaids leaving the lot. It was ridiculous how many, but that location is near the heart of some of the wealthiest people, so, to be expected, lol. I could not stop starring at that yoke; I'm a nerd; that looks so fun to drive. I am all about uniqueness, so I got a cybertruck even though I am not a fan of trucks. Maybe someone will bring one to the Oldsmar event that I can try out. Some people do let you test drive there; it would be awesome.
I am looking forward to meeting up on 11/13. I will have all my ducks in a row by then and be happy to share prices, etc. Mrs. 'Cane (she will be there too) really likes the carbon fiber mods and wants to get a spoiler plus cover the wood-like dash. Buying the car is just the beginning 😉

Nobody, and I mean nobody, is test driving Vader. At least not 10 days after delivery. They can sit in it. 😀

So, who can make the event in Oldsmar 11/13? I've learned a lot through my digital friends here. Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Ya, I just spoke with Tesla. They said just leave it as it is. Chances are it’ll probably fall into Jan anyhow. If somehow I do get matched, just let them know you want it in Jan and they’ll unmatch me. They don’t anticipate having any issues selling it to someone else locally, so it sounds like they’d rather have my car inbound and just sell it to someone else locally, versus not have it inbound at all. So I’m just going to leave it as is for now.

Ya, I just spoke with Tesla. They said just leave it as it is. Chances are it’ll probably fall into Jan anyhow. If somehow I do get matched, just let them know you want it in Jan and they’ll unmatch me. They don’t anticipate having any issues selling it to someone else locally, so it sounds like they’d rather have my car inbound and just sell it to someone else locally, versus not have it inbound at all. So I’m just going to leave it as is for now.

Floridians looking out for Floridians. More Teslas inbound are a good thing :)

Floridians looking out for Floridians. More Teslas inbound are a good thing :)
There will likely be a MSM/black 20" show up in inventory in a couple of weeks or someone with that config is about to get bumped up. Planning on putting my delivery on hold. I'm also tempted to order another MY and replace my wife's MY next year. At current price and with 8K tax credit, it's still less than what we paid for my wife MY ordered in May. If demand for preowned MYs stay up, it will be a nice profit maker by the time the new order is ready. Decisions decisions

There will likely be a MSM/black 20" show up in inventory in a couple of weeks or someone with that config is about to get bumped up. Planning on putting my delivery on hold. I'm also tempted to order another MY and replace my wife's MY next year. At current price and with 8K tax credit, it's still less than what we paid for my wife MY ordered in May. If demand for preowned MYs stay up, it will be a nice profit maker by the time the new order is ready. Decisions decisions
Again, it sounds great on paper but you do have to take into account these car companies that are reselling will see that people can get a car cheaper if they just wait. For them to be competitive, we probably will see them drop prices and take less for trade-in. If you get a car early or truly plan to sell, you might want to get offers close to the deadline and lock them in. Carvana is 30 days with a 14 extension. Vroom is 14 days. Others are typically 7 days. We saw this when the first tax credit happened originally with Tesla and other EV‘s, with lots of price drops (even though Tesla raised their car price of the model 3). I remember I got my first Nissan Leaf with only 16,000 miles for $10,000. Absolutely nothing wrong and only a year old but the tax credit was killing them from selling it. Just giving my advice but, you do you boo 👻

Ps if you know you will 100% without a doubt make a profit after taxes, do it, just do it lol. Don’t even think twice. My backup plan is to sell privately. I still have a number of people interested in the EV event. That’s another good option to try. Just in case.

Pss forgot to add if you truly are sure you want to order another, do it now. If this gets approved how it stands now, Tesla has a lot of wiggle room for price increase because of the incentive. $69,000 I think is the cut-off for SUV if it hasn’t changed. So, we shall see, and technically it could mean trade-in will still be lucrative but so many possibilities and unknowns. But if I was in your shoes, I would go ahead and do it now.

I am looking forward to meeting up on 11/13. I will have all my ducks in a row by then and be happy to share prices, etc. Mrs. 'Cane (she will be there too) really likes the carbon fiber mods and wants to get a spoiler plus cover the wood-like dash. Buying the car is just the beginning
😉

Nobody, and I mean nobody, is test driving Vader. At least not 10 days after delivery. They can sit in it.
😀

So, who can make the event in Oldsmar 11/13? I've learned a lot through my digital friends here. Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.
Hey, you better have a custom horn that plays the imperial march or I'll be very very disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hurricane4911
Again, it sounds great on paper but you do have to take into account these car companies that are reselling will see that people can get a car cheaper if they just wait. For them to be competitive, we probably will see them drop prices and take less for trade-in. If you get a car early or truly plan to sell, you might want to get offers close to the deadline and lock them in. Carvana is 30 days with a 14 extension. Vroom is 14 days. Others are typically 7 days. We saw this when the first tax credit happened originally with Tesla and other EV‘s, with lots of price drops (even though Tesla raised their car price of the model 3). I remember I got my first Nissan Leaf with only 16,000 miles for $10,000. Absolutely nothing wrong and only a year old but the tax credit was killing them from selling it. Just giving my advice but, you do you boo 👻
This is great advice.

I have to say that EVs are in short supply and even EVs with tax credits like ID.4 and Mach-Es sell used at MSRP or above it (especially Mach-Es). So I expect when the tax credit arrives... instead of $68K for barely used Model Ys we will see prices around $60K (which is the MSRP of many of these Teslas) in a few months.

You ask who would buy these overpriced tax-credit eligible EVs? Well... I was... because I already received the tax credit on my ID.4 and the trade-in plus tax savings so buying a used Mach-E at MSRP would be like if I bought the Mach-E originally (I lose on doc/dealer fees). All new Mach-Es were going for $5K-10K over MSRP on dealer lots anyhow.

Well...
I've been moved to Friday 11/5.

Some bad info on Saturday from Leonardo.
The SA that booked my order, Julie, called and said my car is inbound and will not be in Tampa until Tuesday. Friday is my next available day to get into Tampa.

Add +48 hours to the ride. 😎