Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla finally submitted my paperwork to the state and I was able to get my new license plate… no I don’t follow hockey 😭
7E37A5F2-88C0-451E-AFF6-559F974197E6.jpeg

Also got the ungodly design trailer hitch cover which makes using the hitch a breeze! Next up… ceramic coating on the 29th. Can’t get this coating soon enough!

I got a call that I can pick up my car this sunday ( a day early).

My Tradein actually died yesterday.... think the starter went. That car Suuuks.... Had to pull the exhaust and jack to motor to change the starter last time.. I think I'm just not going to trade it in.
this is good news...just to make sure I'm interpreting your signature block - this is for a MYP, right?

I got the 2 week window after a bunch of pushes and move up and back - right now I am May 13-May 27th. Hopefully get pushed again - Got hit with a 20K bill I didnt expect last week. Does anyone know if they are still canceling orders if you do a hold?

I believe the rule is something like no holds for orders older than 120 days for M3P/MYP and 150 days for MYLR/M3RWD according to a various SAs I spoke to. I had my mid-Oct M3RWD order forced out of an extended hold - back in Feb.

I may know somebody who would be interested in you absolutely need to abandon it...

Another option also is to edit your config to base white Y which I guarantee will move the EDD back to late summer or fall but of course it is a risk because you might actually get a base white MYLR lol.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
I believe the rule is something like no holds for orders older than 120 days for M3P/MYP and 150 days for MYLR/M3RWD according to a various SAs I spoke to. I had my mid-Oct M3RWD order forced out of an extended hold - back in Feb.

I may know somebody who would be interested in you absolutely need to abandon it...

Another option also is to edit your config to base white Y which I guarantee will move the EDD back to late summer or fall but of course it is a risk because you might actually get a base white MYLR lol.
I dont want to change config - I ordered last year and my loaded red is cheaper than the current white price.
I will just see if they will push it back once I get a VIN if not I will take it

Try this link with your RN (replace the XXXXX)

www DOT tesla DOT com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXX
Thank you thank you THANK YOU - I wanted the tow hitch but the price went up the day after I ordered it, now I have it installed at the factory vs installed at the dealer and its cheaper that way!!!!

I also spoke to the SA and he said over 50% of the model Y orders are calling to have the hitch put on. Hopefully being red and now a hitch it will kick me into late summer delivery

Reactions: voxel
Thank you thank you THANK YOU - I wanted the tow hitch but the price went up the day after I ordered it, now I have it installed at the factory vs installed at the dealer and its cheaper that way!!!!

I also spoke to the SA and he said over 50% of the model Y orders are calling to have the hitch put on. Hopefully being red and now a hitch it will kick me into late summer delivery
Make sure you get the ungodly design hitch cover, otherwise you’ll curse yourself every time you have to take that cover off! Alternatively, you can cut off all the tabs except for one on each side to make it a little easier, but I would think you’d still need to use some non-marring tool to release the clips. What a PITA.

So I went to pick up my car today at Meritt Island .

Three of the 4 doors have alignment issues, some pretty bad. Car was filthy . Never saw someone delive a car not at least given a wash.

I never got inside the car , to do that you have to accept delivery.

I have already paid for the car but I did not accept delivery. This is an hour away from me so I told them fix the doors and I will come back.
They said if I don't accept in my 3 day delivery window ( which was origionally mon-wed) then I will loose the car and that it will not be fixed in 3 days.

No way I am taking this car then driving back and leaving it for a week so they can fix it . They can fix it first and then I'll take delivery or they can cancel the order honestly I don't really care if I get the car or not anymore. No one there really gave a crap if I took it or not either.

image_50445825.JPG

This is the driver side door , its off with the front fender by almost 3/4 inch
1650828158784.png

This is the read driver door, you can actually see inside of it

1650828232259.jpeg

This is the rear passenger door, both top and bottom missalligned.
If you look on the window sill you will see all of this sand. the car is covered in sand, not detailing whatsoever

1650828276948.jpeg

that white is some kind of white dust .
1650828402255.png

This is the rear passenger door, both top and bottom missalligned.
If you look on the window sill you will see all of this sand. the car is covered in sand, not detailing whatsoever

View attachment 797044

This sadly is within spec. the hump portions of the black molding line up and as do the door edges. This is pretty typical of Model Ys. It's more noticeable on white ones.

Most folks just accept delivery and get SOME alignment problems resolved but that door edge misalignment will be ignored IMO.

I suspect you should just reject the VIN and wait for another but the problem is... other than the front fender issue the rest of the problems aren't uncommon and so the next one will be almost as bad. Some cars have better alignment than others. I find Model 3s have the fewest alignment issues whereas the Y have problems on the rear passenger doors and the top of the hatch

I do know somebody in Melbourne looking for a MYLR/MYP so if you do reject it... he might want to transfer the VIN.

Reactions: pcmike
This sadly is within spec. the hump portions of the black molding line up and as do the door edges. This is pretty typical of Model Ys. It's more noticeable on white ones.

Most folks just accept delivery and get SOME alignment problems resolved but that door edge misalignment will be ignored IMO.

I suspect you should just reject the VIN and wait for another but the problem is... other than the front fender issue the rest of the problems aren't uncommon and so the next one will be almost as bad. Some cars have better alignment than others. I find Model 3s have the fewest alignment issues whereas the Y have problems on the rear passenger doors and the top of the hatch

I do know somebody in Melbourne looking for a MYLR/MYP so if you do reject it... he might want to transfer the VIN.
Even the guy who came out to look mentioned that the one in the front was pretty bad, he said they would be fixed if I accepted delivery and I told him I'm not driving back there two more times , if it can be fixed then fix it. they are at a service center.

I'll never accept something like this on a $70k car. I waited 7 months and I really don't care if I get it or not anymore. They fix it and I take it, they don't and I pass.

If they don't fix it and I decide to wait for another vin then I may change my order back to a LR . I'm also looking at some other vehicles now as well. I may end up just backing out completely.

Reactions: qwert and voxel
Looks par for the course. I’ve yet to see a perfect one, just different levels of acceptable dictated by the owner. If you’re not satisfied though, definitely don’t waste the money, you’ll probably regret it till you sell it. 🥺

Sorry for the massive “Tesla disappointment” 😞

It looks within specs outside of 2nd to last picture. How far is the drive ? They do lend out loaners.
The pictures don't do it justice. The third from the bottom is not showing a gap issue. the door is not closing and you can actually see inside the doorjam. and the 2nd picure is just a zoom on the first but that door is almost an inch off at the top , so the fender looks like it is pulled out ( this the worst one according to the SA)

The drive was 45 minutes one way ( not traffic ) .

( The pictures were ones my brother took, I didn't even think to take pictures and found he had taken some. I was not in a very food mood)

The pictures don't do it justice. The third from the bottom is not showing a gap issue. the door is not closing and you can actually see inside the doorjam. and the 2nd picure is just a zoom on the first but that door is almost an inch off at the top , so the fender looks like it is pulled out ( this the worst one according to the SA)

The drive was 45 minutes one way ( not traffic ) .

( The pictures were ones my brother took, I didn't even think to take pictures and found he had taken some. I was not in a very food mood)

I'd reject this car/VIN if they allow you (sometimes if you've held previously or rejected previous VINs this might be your last chance before they auto-cancel). I don't think these can be fixed easily... maybe tweaked a little so the door closes properly but the rest they won't resolve.

Sadly a MYLR might not be better.

This is also the worst time to buy an EV... there are waitlists and markups on every single one of them.