Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, for those who have or are planning to request the FUSC transfer, what will you do with your current FUSC-enabled Tesla?
Trade in or sell after delivery. We don’t need the extra car nor really have space for one.
Not if they are discounted.

There are no referrals for existing Tesla owners. I'm not sure if the loyalty discount would prevent the transfer.
The salesperson I talked with today said the loyalty discount would still be applied with the FUSC transfer.

Reactions: marmaladedad
anyone managed to talk to someone in sales to get to transfer FSD and FUSC to new card. .my 2018 MX has both with less than 60K miles. Its runs fine and really dont have a big reason. I need ideally all the three FSD,FUSC and premium internet, but can live without the last one

anyone managed to talk to someone in sales to get to transfer FSD and FUSC to new card. .my 2018 MX has both with less than 60K miles. Its runs fine and really dont have a big reason. I need ideally all the three FSD,FUSC and premium internet, but can live without the last one
You cannot transfer both. Last quarter was FSD. This quarter it's FUSC. I would buy a new Tesla if they allowed us to transfer both. Until then I will not be buying another Tesla. Maybe at some point they'll get desperate enough for sales.

Whoa, that is shocking and disturbing. I am surprised they can use the term "transfer", when it is removing something better and creating a new inferior thing to put on the new vehicle. It's not the same thing, so it is not "transferring" it.
Very true. But if you keep your cars for a long time it's probably close to a wash for Tesla for the long-term. Our 2016 S90D with SC01 would probably have as much useful life for using Superchargers as a new Y with SC05 only while we own it. The benefit for Tesla is to adjust the liability on their books for SC01 cars with an indeterminate end date since that will only go away once the car is totaled in an accident or scrapped.

Reactions: gaswalla
You cannot transfer both. Last quarter was FSD. This quarter it's FUSC. I would buy a new Tesla if they allowed us to transfer both. Until then I will not be buying another Tesla. Maybe at some point they'll get desperate enough for sales.
what Tesla needs to understand it that they cannot be selling the same thing over and over again. FSD was paid for 5 years ago and still has not delivered on the promise and wont deliver for 3 more years. Free SC is something of value, but still pain the ass to find that free SC

Doubtful. The FSD transfer didn't.

But you aren't an owner with leased vehicle. You would be taking away value from the actual owner, the leasing company.
I have owned my current 2014 S-60 since 2016, when I bought it as CPO. It has FUSC. (163,000 miles and 166 RM at 100%)

Leasing a new car would qualify for the $7500 federal credit, since I can't qualify for it otherwise. The idea would be to buy the car after lease, although the website doesn't list the residual value they base the lease on. Hard to compare numbers without that value.

Anyway, if a lease doesn't qualify for FUSC transfer, it wouldn't be an option. A question for Tesla sales, if I can trust the answer.

Leasing a new car would qualify for the $7500 federal credit, since I can't qualify for it otherwise. The idea would be to buy the car after lease, although the website doesn't list the residual value they base the lease on. Hard to compare numbers without that value.

Anyway, if a lease doesn't qualify for FUSC transfer, it wouldn't be an option. A question for Tesla sales, if I can trust the answer.
Ok, I thought you wanted to transfer FUSC from a lease to a purchased car. They would likely let you transfer FUSC from your current car to a leased one, but do they even allow you to to buy at the end of the lease? (I know they don't for the Model 3&Y, I thought they stopped for the S&X as well.)

From the leasing FAQ:

1698089670470.png