Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure that pressing the accelerator while on AP will ding you for unsafe following?

Actually no but it seems to be my experience. All of this is what Tesla wrote (and they did not say the above explicitly to my knowledge) and our trial/error. As we know, it's hard to tell sometimes exactly where a ding occurred. I believe my perception shows this to be accurate, but I do not know for 100%.

The one I can't wait to get rid of is aggressive turning.

Me as well - that's where I came across the tidbit about a max speed of 18 MPH on 90-degress turns. I haven't had once since adopting that. And I also realized on many turns I was driving much, MUCH faster without giving it a 2nd thought! :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear
I have tested this & have followed closely on AP by pressing the accelerator in order to prompt the car to make a lane change .....
When someone does this to me, it does NOT prompt me to change lanes. In fact I will slow down to leave more space from the car in front of me. That's in case I have to slow down suddenly, I don't want to be rear-ended. I change lanes when someone is not right on my tail. I certainly don't mind someone flashing their lights at me if I haven't noticed they are behind me and I forget to move over, but pressing the accelerator to get me to move is a bit risky in my mind.

Reactions: FlyF4
Great idea! I created a poll as a separate thread.

Thank you! Overwhelming majority of people seem to be waiting for camera invites, but it's also possible that people who got FSD Beta after retrofits stop frequenting this thread

When people have tried to get a service visit to replace the cameras without an invite are their appointments cancelled before an estimate is written for approval? Has anyone gotten an estimate for approval showing the camera upgrade without an invite and then had the appointment still cancelled?

Has anyone gotten an estimate for approval showing the camera upgrade without an invite and then had the appointment still cancelled?
Although, as a slight twist I did ask my SC if they could order the parts outright, as if to purchase. I have no intention of paying for them - in the unlikely event they actually arrive, I'll refuse but then try to talk then into doing the upgrade anyway since they have the parts in hand.

I know, very much a hail Mary attempt. No response from the SC as of yet on parts availability - I suspect that's where this plan fails.

Interesting; if you have MCU1 you can get Refund of FSD!
That kind of puts an end to MCU1 chances of FSD support... pay 2k MCU2 upgrade or just ask for 5k FSD refund.

Reactions: Matias
Ok this makes total sense to me now. It's stupid still but at least now I know why my score is so bad. Thanks.

Edit: my wife was somehow able to get a score of 2 on a 23 mile drive... Impressive.
Oh wow :oops:

I hope you were able to fix it and improve the SS before the end of the day... otherwise it would take a 900mi drive at 100 to average that out to a 98!

• Funny
Reactions: fbitz777
Oh wow :oops:

I hope you were able to fix it and improve the SS before the end of the day... otherwise it would take a 900mi drive at 100 to average that out to a 98!

Haven't been checking it very often. She got it on Dec 5 so I assume that in a few days that score will cancel out and hopefully my overall score will go up too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220101-203959_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220101-203959_Tesla.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 81
Although, as a slight twist I did ask my SC if they could order the parts outright, as if to purchase. I have no intention of paying for them - in the unlikely event they actually arrive, I'll refuse but then try to talk then into doing the upgrade anyway since they have the parts in hand.

I know, very much a hail Mary attempt. No response from the SC as of yet on parts availability - I suspect that's where this plan fails.

My morals wouldn’t allow me to do this.

I thought about it but I would have felt horrible if those parts got sequestered for me because they knew they’d get $1k out of me and pulled the parts from someone else in line ahead of me.