Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still waiting on a camera upgrade invite.

If so inclined please add/update your rows here:
Gsheet: AP2.0 to AP2.5 Camera Upgrade Status Tracker, original spreadsheet layout by @jebinc of TMC.

How is Tesla service STILL getting it wrong? I don't have an invite yet but even if I did I get a few false forward collision warnings a week so my SS isn't stellar. Will I ever get the beta?
Great question which I would love if someone could answer.

But it is what it is and we have to play the game. At this point you probably have nothing to lose by escalating within Tesla as much as possible. Preferably by talking to someone, maybe the customer support phone number.

Beyond that, I'd assume it's the same criteria as getting FSDB itself - 95+ safety score, opted in, and at least 100 AP miles on a rolling 30-day period.

I really wish it was better. We are truly abandoned after "saving" Tesla. He should be concerned about karma.

I have a 2017 X with MCU2 upgrade and FSD computer. I am still waiting on camera upgrade invite. Do I have to "opt in" for FSD in order to get the invite? Back when I first found out I needed a camera upgrade to even get FSD Beta I opted out of the safety score since there was no point at the time. Thanks in advance for your responses!
The safety score is supposedly taken into account in the selection process for the camera upgrade invite.

Why would you opt out? Having the Safety Score on doesn't hurt anything...

I have a 2017 X with MCU2 upgrade and FSD computer. I am still waiting on camera upgrade invite. Do I have to "opt in" for FSD in order to get the invite? Back when I first found out I needed a camera upgrade to even get FSD Beta I opted out of the safety score since there was no point at the time. Thanks in advance for your responses!
Well here is my experience and I’m waiting on camera retrofit too.. I‘m currently opted-in the FSD beta queue since beginning of 2022 with a safety score of 98-100 during that period and is currently at 99. There is no timeline on when I will receive cam retrofit as per Tesla support as well as service centre. I have a feeling they don’t have those cameras on hand to do the swap. Let’s hope for the best before wide release at the end of this year 🤣.

So does this mean we don’t have to worry about keeping our safety score high to get FSD Beta if wide release will be in a few weeks maybe “two weeks”?
4399E2E6-0008-4C56-B3C0-6C487F4DA57A.jpeg

DC1FD53C-AB38-497C-B528-1B44F47F55B4.jpeg

I am more pessimistic for those of us still waiting for FSD Beta, even if it goes "wide", I bet most of us got updated to 2022.20.x or higher branches while 10.69 is on 2022.16.x branch - I dont see rollback happening and dont see 10.69 jumping to a higher release version

I hate to be a downer but I think by saying wide beta version he is saying it will go to the 100k that already has FSD Beta. Elon has mentioned that by the end of the year is when all others will be added if you request it. Stay in SS if you like to be tortured but my interpretation is nobody new will be added at this point. I could be totally wrong but my advice would be to keep up the score until this version comes out. If nobody is added turn it off or just drive normal. Remember it is on a 30 day drop off scale. Enjoy your cool car until they really go wide release

I hate to be a downer but I think by saying wide beta version he is saying it will go to the 100k that already has FSD Beta.
That is my expectation as well, but I am hoping that they open it up to more people at this point as well.

It's really frustrating that there's no clear communication from Tesla in terms of when they are adding cars and what the criteria exactly is - even if it's random!

I hate to be a downer but I think by saying wide beta version he is saying it will go to the 100k that already has FSD Beta. Elon has mentioned that by the end of the year is when all others will be added if you request it. Stay in SS if you like to be tortured but my interpretation is nobody new will be added at this point. I could be totally wrong but my advice would be to keep up the score until this version comes out. If nobody is added turn it off or just drive normal. Remember it is on a 30 day drop off scale. Enjoy your cool car until they really go wide release
Yes, Elon has called "wide release" the release to all current Beta testers in the past.