Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been surprised at how many things 10.69 visualizes with the gray blob for occupied driveable space. Perhaps part of it is just driving manually, one just naturally avoids objects without much thought. Also kinda interesting is how occupancy is visualized near cones and trash containers as it's pretty clear the displayed graphics is from the old old "FSD Visualization Preview" with only approximately placed visualization, and FSD Beta happily drives through these misplaced objects; whereas the occupancy network might have the highest accuracy placement of these resulting in blobs in the "true" location.

Just in the last day, I've seen it correctly visualize and drive around construction signs (e.g., folding A-frame barricades, orange diamond work zone signs, folded-down/now-triangle signs), tables placed behind a work van, random stuff from a yard sale, electric scooter fallen down from the sidewalk, yard clippings, fallen branches, and more.

With so much variety and relatively high frequency -- much more often than taking an unprotected left turn, I wonder if Tesla prioritized the occupancy network for high disengagement rates to avoid running into these things?

I legitimately want to know what's wrong with some people's cars that they experience these things.
I don’t really think the shadow thing is usually a problem these days. It happens sometimes of course (I’ve seen it, but not recently). But I don’t see it as common.

Hyperbole makes it seem worse (more common) than it is. These things definitely happen, but it’s rare. But notably, they have to be extremely rare to not be annoying and result in passenger acceptance (a key issue).

Reactions: Dewg
One thing I discovered on a drive yesterday was the visualizations of speed bumps has change, and in some cases it no longer visualizes them. I wonder if this is due to the new occupancy NN and removal of older hard-coded speed bump detection. Hopefully it's just that the new NN needs to be trained more to detect the bumps. I'm going to pay more attention as I move through areas with speed bumps.

My experience with 69.2 is that a few things got better, a few things stayed the same, and a few things got worse. Hard really to say if this update is overall better, but if pressed I would it's a little better? More human-like and at times smoother, but still just behaves terribly in some situations, and not handling situations that it previously had handled.

There's tons of construction in my area and I believe map data and what the car sees are different, so I'm sure that's causing a lot of the issues.

I really enjoy highway driving on FSD/AP, just hoping the nag goes away sooner rather than later.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Depends on your perspective, .69 is very impressive for being better than 10.12, meanwhile adding brand new architectures (that are necessary for future progress).

The accel / decel issues are simple fixes (along with most of my main issues). I'd hazard to guess that the AP team purposely makes a version less comfortable so that people avoid using it or pay more attention, lol.
For me .69 is a regression from 10.12 which has been a surprise as I was expecting noticeable improvement. Most every drive that I've done before on 10.12 10.69 does something stupid. The only consistent improvement I've seen so far is on unmarked residential streets where the car stays to the right.

Reactions: powertoold
For me .69 is a regression from 10.12 which has been a surprise as I was expecting noticeable improvement. Most every drive that I've done before on 10.12 10.69 does something stupid. The only consistent improvement I've seen so far is on unmarked residential streets where the car stays to the right.
Probably why they are doing a new release.

You don’t notice that turning is generally a bit smoother (not to say without issues or occasional jerking)?

Lots of regressions but we expected that.

One area that my car continues to struggle with on 10.69 is represented in the attached image.

The car needs to drive straight down the lane and then make a right turn (orange). What actually happens is in purple. The car drives into the parking spaces and gets confused and wobbles around. When the car finally gets to the right turn at the end it sometimes turns left, freaks out, and wobbles back to the right. It often just gives up.

Incidentally FSDb can’t make the left turn at the first intersection either, it wobbles around and gets stuck.

FSDb has never been able to manage this relatively straightforward path and still can’t on 10.69.2. This is the corner of Diamond St and N. Fremont (heh) Ave 90012 ZIP

C9BA16AC-5BB5-4541-B030-35ECAF8EB305.jpeg

One area that my car continues to struggle with on 10.69 is represented in the attached image.

The car needs to drive straight down the lane and then make a right turn (orange). What actually happens is in purple. The car drives into the parking spaces and gets confused and wobbles around. When the car finally gets to the right turn at the end it sometimes turns left, freaks out, and wobbles back to the right. It often just gives up.

Incidentally FSDb can’t make the left turn at the first intersection either, it wobbles around and gets stuck.

FSDb has never been able to manage this relatively straightforward path and still can’t on 10.69.2. This is the corner of Diamond St and N. Fremont (heh) Ave 90012 ZIP

View attachment 852859
That's a tough one. Make sure you're reporting this, and I'd send this exact post verbiage with graphic to the fsdbeta e-mail address to let them know. Personally, I wouldn't think this will be addressed for a bit, and I'd manually take over knowing this is coming.

That's a tough one. Make sure you're reporting this, and I'd send this exact post verbiage with graphic to the fsdbeta e-mail address to let them know. Personally, I wouldn't think this will be addressed for a bit, and I'd manually take over knowing this is coming.
I’ve been pressing the report button regularly on this section for 51 weeks now. My car uploads about 45 GB of video to the mothership every week.

When I hear Elon proclaiming that this thing will be ready to rock “by the end of the year” (pick a year) I often think about my car not being able to drive straight down this road and make a protected right turn.

I’d assume it’s the “hold your foot on the brake while doing the two-thumb salute” to deeply reboot the car.

Incidentally I do this after every update and recalibrate my cameras for major releases like this one.
Ok. For some reason I always thought that (brake pedal reboot) was a debunked myth or something. didnt realize its an actual Tesla approved method of rebooting

Ok. For some reason I always thought that (brake pedal reboot) was a debunked myth or something. didnt realize its an actual Tesla approved method of rebooting
I thought it was debunked as well. Hard reboot is "power off the car" and let it go to sleep according to the manual. Nothing about brake reboot.

1. Shift into Park.
  2. On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Safety > Power Off.
  3. Wait for at least two minutes without interacting with the vehicle. Do not open the doors, touch the brake pedal, touch the touchscreen, etc.
  4. After two minutes, press the brake pedal or open the door to wake the vehicle.

I thought it was debunked as well. Hard reboot is "power off the car" and let it go to sleep according to the manual. Nothing about brake reboot.

1. Shift into Park.
  2. On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Safety > Power Off.
  3. Wait for at least two minutes without interacting with the vehicle. Do not open the doors, touch the brake pedal, touch the touchscreen, etc.
  4. After two minutes, press the brake pedal or open the door to wake the vehicle.
The service center recently told me that including the brake pedal is a more thorough reboot than just the scroll wheels but sometimes they don’t know left from right.

In my car it seems to take longer to reboot with the brake pedal than just with the scroll wheels but maybe that’s just my imagination.

From m the videos .69 seems like an improvement but still occasionally does something stupid which should be easy. However, while not robo taxi worth, If I was commuting every day on the same route, you would know where it has problems, and then would be good for the rest of your commute?
No. In practice you just drive the surface streets yourself, and turn it on for monotonous high speed roads with little traffic, like freeways and highways.

• Disagree
Reactions: sleepydoc
I’d assume it’s the “hold your foot on the brake while doing the two-thumb salute” to deeply reboot the car.

Incidentally I do this after every update and recalibrate my cameras for major releases like this one.
^^This. Hold your foot on the brake while rebooting the car. Once the screen goes black, take your hands off the wheel buttons, but keep your foot on the brake until you see the T on the screen, then you can release it.

Some have said that the brake pedal does not do anything different from just the two buttons. However, anecdotal evidence from some people suggests it solves some problems. Doesn't hurt to use the brake. :)