Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tried a couple of short FSDb, and braking seems to be slightly worse.

It has a tendency to brake (sometimes hard) when passing a vehicle that is waiting in the opposite direction turns lane, apparently predicting the other vehicle will make a turn crossing the path (wrong). When passing the queued-up vehicles on the dedicated left turn lane, it makes a slight jerk to the right as if there is an obstacle but there is no reason for doing that.

It still doesn't know how to handle construction, there are cones and yellow arrow yield lights equipment at the junction, it is supposed to make a right turn, but it visualized the yellow light equipment as a truck, while it passed over the cone correctly but then it stopped, sometimes it creeps and makes the turn like a first-time driver and ended up in the opposite side of the road, sometimes it just stops there.

Just tried a couple of short FSDb, and braking seems to be slightly worse.

It has a tendency to brake (sometimes hard) when passing a vehicle that is waiting in the opposite direction turns lane, apparently predicting the other vehicle will make a turn crossing the path (wrong). When passing the queued-up vehicles on the dedicated left turn lane, it makes a slight jerk to the right as if there is an obstacle but there is no reason for doing that.

It still doesn't know how to handle construction, there are cones and yellow arrow yield lights equipment at the junction, it is supposed to make a right turn, but it visualized the yellow light equipment as a truck, while it passed over the cone correctly but then it stopped, sometimes it creeps and makes the turn like a first-time driver and ended up in the opposite side of the road, sometimes it just stops there.
By reading all the posts and my personal experiences, it seems they have made a bunch of Neural Net changes in the last 2 releases. It's usually 2 steps forward and 1 step back, however it appears they are experimenting more, and using the data feedback, expecting more issues that hopefully will be addressed in future releases.

By reading all the posts and my personal experiences, it seems they have made a bunch of Neural Net changes in the last 2 releases. It's usually 2 steps forward and 1 step back, however it appears they are experimenting more, and using the data feedback, expecting more issues that hopefully will be addressed in future releases.
I agreed, it also makes some random 2 blinks, then cancels, and proceed. People following behind me must think there is something wrong with the driver.

Can you check if this is the case with other settings? Some are having problems with seat configs being reset or changed. Do you have multiple Teslas? Curious if this is a cloud sync issue.
Single Tesla on my account, no other settings changes. I noticed it also didn’t seem to save the lane change auto cancel blinker thing - I enabled it yesterday and today it was off again. Same after I disabled confirmations again - it was off again.

Updated last night. The only thing I noticed was that the defroster had trouble keeping the windshield clear, but then it was -15º F/-25º C this morning, so that probably had something to do with it.

All our roads are still covered in snow and you can't see the lines half the time so FSD is nothing but a dream for me for the time being. Hopefully by March I can try it out.

I'm pissed, though. The car still won't fart to the tune of Jingle Bells.

Updated last night. The only thing I noticed was that the defroster had trouble keeping the windshield clear, but then it was -15º F/-25º C this morning, so that probably had something to do with it.

All our roads are still covered in snow and you can't see the lines half the time so FSD is nothing but a dream for me for the time being. Hopefully by March I can try it out.

I'm pissed, though. The car still won't fart to the tune of Jingle Bells.
Too cold even in Texas today to stand around and watch the new light show. Maybe by New Years...

Reactions: DWtsn
There are far more people cheating the handicap placard/license plate system than regular people who temporary park in handicap spots, with other handicap spots near by that are clearly available. Are you going to remove tire valve stems from their cars too? Based on your judgement of their disability level? Instead of the childish vandalism approach, if you find yourself in a situation where you are disabled and need the handicap spot, but it’s taken by someone who’s unauthorized to park there, contact the local authorities and let them deal with the issue.
Maybe in Florida....I wouldn't know.

Just installed 10.69.3.3 and now my driver's side headlight won't turn off. Tried reboot with center wheels, then tried reboot with center wheels and top steering wheel buttons. Still won't turn off manually or automatically.
They sent me another update but my headlight and turn signal fault is still going on. Is this just a coincidence and has nothing to do with the update? They also sent me an estimate for $1500. I don't want a new headlight because it won't match the other one that has the burned out DLRs. My headlights just started matching in August. I'm not paying $3000 for new headlights.

Reactions: Phlier
They sent me another update but my headlight and turn signal fault is still going on. Is this just a coincidence and has nothing to do with the update? They also sent me an estimate for $1500. I don't want a new headlight because it won't match the other one that has the burned out DLRs. My headlights just started matching in August. I'm not paying $3000 for new headlights.
Have you done a power off so that you know that the headlight assembly loses power? You want to hear the car to open the HV contactor so that the headlight assembly has to restart it's microcontroller.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
A good drive is always just around the next perpetual corner.

I have a model 3 and, as I recall, you turn off sentry mode, then select power off from the service menu. You need to sit still and not touch the brake pedal or any other controls. I believe it takes about 10 minutes before you hear a loud clunk from the power contactor from beneath the rear seat. At that point the only power is from the 12V battery.

Tap the brake to power back up.

Search online for specific instructions for your car. It's worth a try.

Single Tesla on my account, no other settings changes. I noticed it also didn’t seem to save the lane change auto cancel blinker thing - I enabled it yesterday and today it was off again. Same after I disabled confirmations again - it was off again.
So multiple settings are reverting. Interesting. See if you have profile sync enabled, if so try turning it off. See if the settings hold.

Agreed. Those of us who've been on FSD Beta for a year or more have seen the changes and introductions of new neutral nets. We've seen the car handle left and right turns smoothly, and have better lane selection. This tells us that it's very possible to do so. What were seeing is very likely old hard-coded functions being replaced by neural nets and those nets have to be trained and calibrated with real world data. It's definitely rough at times, but I knew that when I volunteered to beta test the software and help make it better. I'm sure it will get dialed in sometime in the near future, and I have patience as it progresses.