Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker is showing a bunch of new additions to FSD Beta from non-FSD 2022.44.25.x to FSD Beta 10.69.25.1. MCU1 is also getting FSD Beta with 10.69.3.3 for the first time too. It comes with 3 strike allowance followed by 2 week suspension:
f557c11a-26cd-487a-8bc7-c089e5794b1f-jpeg.890786

I just checked 10.69.25 and 10.69.25.1 both also have the "unavailable for approximately two weeks" note.

Curiously the "Release Notes" are titled just that instead of "Early Access Program | FSD Beta 10.69…" Looks like we're in production release at least for MCU1 vehicles so far.

• Informative
Reactions: thewishmaster
I've got mixed feelings about your comment. It comes down to language; that is, the ability for people to communicate with each other.

As far as I can tell, for each and every specialty in human endeavor there appears to be a specialized language. Lawyers have their own, to the point where, in a bog-standard contract, the first couple of paragraphs are given over to definitions of what some of the words to follow mean. And that's just the words that aren't already in standard use by lawyers; from time to time, there are court decisions (usually by appeals courts and sometimes by SCOTUS) where they literally start hunting up word definitions in $RANDOM dictionaries.

Beyond that, take sailors: the language used for sailing ships has its own grammar and word definitions dating back centuries. Sheets, lines, ropes, left and right and port and starboard (both used, with specific grammar). For that matter, the people who run railroads also have their specialized language, to the point of not being understandable at all by mere mortals not involved in the business.

Why does this happen? Because people invent linguistic short-cuts so they don't have to try and explain which rope/lever/concept in excruciating detail every time they mention a topic. Once one has done that, then that short-cut gets used to explain other short-cuts, and the whole process snowballs. It can and does get to the point where word definitions are completely made up out of previous short-cuts. It may look (and be) ugly, but it means that quite complex ideas can be batted around faster than a shuttlecock in badminton.

I'm a EE; at one time I was part of a group that was building a honking big communications system, there were roughly a hundred of us, hardware and software, and we had to discuss the ins and outs of the system as we designed it. I joked at the time that, "If you're not inventing an acronym a day you're not working!" And, yeah, our conversations in the middle of all this got pretty obtuse. But the definitions of the words we were inventing, or the words that were in vaguely common use whose definitions we were changing on the fly, were pretty blamed exact, as grammar terms tend to be, and what was a noun, verb, adverb, and so on were pretty much set in stone. (By the by: Physicists and mathematicians are famous for this. The entire Greek alphabet, full of innocent little letters minding their own business, has been hijacked for quite complex ideas. Chi-analysis, anyone?)

The problem crops up when one tries to unroll all these complex terms and lingo into the common language. A single sentence unrolled into simple, non-jargon words, might take up a whole page; a page full of these terms couple easily take up a chapter, and so on.

I swear, at least a third of undergraduate EE is learning concepts, learning the lingo, and figuring out how to manipulate those concepts with the lingo so learned. People who think that engineers have lousy grammar and writing skills had better think again: It's not a nicety, it's a requirement.

It's pretty clear by now that the AI guys sweating the details of FSDb walked into the project with their own lingo, a lot of it probably learned in college, and probably a lot more learned on the job. And, to my eye at least, a lot of what they're doing over there appears to have a flavor of pure research: They're inventing concepts left, right, and center, with the lingo to manipulate those concepts as they go.

There's a quote I read, once, from some professor or other, who said, "If you can't explain your ideas in single or double-syllable words, then you don't understand what you're talking about." Ayup; good point. But that comes from somebody whose job is explaining concepts and ideas to the ignorant. (Note: Not stupid, just ignorant.) It takes a certain mindset and practice to take complicated ideas and distill them down to levels where the hoi polloi can follow. My father, who was actually a college professor and dean, was death on making durn sure that people who were researchers had to teach undergraduate courses for sure, and graduate courses as a maybe: His opinion that if you didn't teach and lecture, then you got worse at researching, because you got worse at the fundamentals and lost contact. But, again, he was riding herd on people paid to teach, not necessarily on those who had to invent at high speed.

Which brings us back to the people writing those release notes. There is a species of STEM called, "Tech writers" who are trained in that ability to break complex ideas down to simple ones. Dunno if Tesla employs those; probably, just so they can bring new people up to speed. But the in-house audience are people fresh out of college with their new-found lingo built in. Given the newness of the AI and tech built into FSDb, they're probably not writing for the public, especially as concepts and ideas change over time.

And that's probably the point. It would probably take serious time and effort to break what they're talking about in the release notes to the point where a person with a high-school vocabulary could follow what they're talking about. And what would you rather have? Understandable release notes, or FSDb as fast as possible?

Me, I'd rather have the FSDb. And the release notes are, well, an education in process. I've already been corrected by forum members a couple of times when I spoke about what looked like Standard English words, but had been redefined as FSDb AI Lingo.

Hang on for the ride 😀.
Very well put. I was an IBM mainframe systems programmers for 45 years. And I always said that if you can't explain your job in simple terms then it's not really a job

Very well put. I was an IBM mainframe systems programmers for 45 years. And I always said that if you can't explain your job in simple terms then it's not really a job
By that definition none of the FSD developers really have a job - and yet they are achieving next level amazing things.
Personally, I'd rather have them working on those amazing things instead of stressing about what someone thinks about release notes.

I just got this too and on the FSD subscription model. I never have requested FSD Beta, but now it says I am on FSD Beta 10.69.25.1 (2022-44.30.5). So, does that mean I am now on FSD beta, even though I never requested it?
I think you are FSDbeta "capable" meaning the underlying software is there but you'd have to request it through the car menu.
I think if you are in a suburb/city/non-highway that yours will look like normal AutoPilot.

Another way to think of it is that in the future there will just be one "stack" (ongoing OTAs) and the underlying software will [work] for FSD and regular AP/NoA folks.

Last edited:
TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker is showing a bunch of new additions to FSD Beta from non-FSD 2022.44.25.x to FSD Beta 10.69.25.1. MCU1 is also getting FSD Beta with 10.69.3.3 for the first time too. It comes with 3 strike allowance followed by 2 week suspension:
f557c11a-26cd-487a-8bc7-c089e5794b1f-jpeg.890786

I just checked 10.69.25 and 10.69.25.1 both also have the "unavailable for approximately two weeks" note.

Curiously the "Release Notes" are titled just that instead of "Early Access Program | FSD Beta 10.69…" Looks like we're in production release at least for MCU1 vehicles so far.
I just recieved it as well.

I think you are FSDbeta "capable" meaning the underlying software is there but you'd have to request it through the car menu.
I think if you are in a suburb/city/non-highway that yours will look like normal AutoPilot.

Another way to think of it is that in the future there will just be one "stack" (ongoing OTAs) and the underlying software will for FSD and regular AP/NoA folks.
Thank you. So, I guess I should just request the beta now, since at least it will have update visualizations? And then hopefully going forward will get the regular releases that all the non beta people get.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Fyi, I was using my son Ryan's name for Tmc and he was born on the 27th.. hence Ryan27... I knew if he ever peeked over my shoulder he would freak. He did and said Dad change your name right now! So I did.
So when you see posts from this account it isn't some noob trying to suck you in for a Trolling Bonanza. It's a non noob trolling 🤣
Btw, has our dear friend @Ramphex been put on a banned list?

Ever look at the release notes for any google app on an Android phone? "Bug fixes and performance improvements." Very rarely anything else. Many other app makers have followed suit.

The nice thing about Tesla's release notes is that they do have details. If you don't understand it, there are youtube videos that try to interpret them in layman's terms.

My objection isn't understanding them-- it's that often it's not possible to do so because they're listing arbitrary % improvements with no context. If you're going to bother to describe improvements in detail then include the context so we can understand how significant the improvement is (or isn't).

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Infinite actually. 🤔 🤣

Exactly the problem!

If I hit a tree when driving 5000 out of 10000 drives, and then improve my driving so I only hit a tree 4000 out of 10000 drives, why, that's a 20% improvement in rate of not hitting trees!

it still sucks though and clearly I'm still terrible at the overall task of "not hitting trees"- so probably isn't worth including in the release notes as you're not even in spitting distance of the first digit in the march of 9s.

If I only hit a tree 1 out of 10000 drives, and then improve THAT rate by 20%, you're finally indicating a useful improvement.