Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yet another critic turned shill that has uploaded a video of 13.69 where FSDb drives pretty decently. He is impressed. He was critical of the previous releases, but with 13.69 he has now turned a shill.
"...critic turned shill..."???? Just watched a couple of minutes and it picks the wrong turn lane and he has to disengage. He is critical and even says "it is confusing to me what the thought process was" "I suspect odd issues like this are the reason this versions isn't going in wide release". And this is all before 1 ½ minutes.

EDIT: He has SEVERAL interventions and "problems" that he points out and is critical of. Not even CLOSE to a shill video.

Last edited:
I spoke too soon. Tesla appreciates my very frequent and repetitive complaints, and have now rewarded me for my honest assessments. Installing - as I have to drive today anyway, I will immediately get a chance to test. Looking forward to checking my UPL. I do not have high hopes.
We are all expecting another honest assessment you lucky bastard! 😉

"...critic turned shill..."???? Just watched a couple of minutes and it picks the wrong turn lane and he has to disengage. He is critical and even says "it is confusing to me what the thought process was" "I suspect odd issues like this are the reason this versions isn't going in wide release". And this is all before 1 ½ minutes.

EDIT: He has SEVERAL interventions and "problems" that he points out and is critical of. Not even CLOSE to a shill video.
His title says, 'Nice" and he uses words like 'impressed", "very nice" generously throughout the video. So has to be a shill.

Don't know how much this applies to phantom braking in general, but it's an interesting test that Chuck did with the double green light slowdown.
He found that resetting the speed offset to the posted speed limit made the car slow down much less than going 5mph over, so there's possibly some kind of check in FSD code to normalize speed when FSD is processing the next obstacle?

Don't know how much this applies to phantom braking in general, but it's an interesting test that Chuck did with the double green light slowdown.
He found that resetting the speed offset to the posted speed limit made the car slow down much less than going 5mph over, so there's possibly some kind of check in FSD code to normalize speed when FSD is processing the next obstacle?
It may be a function of the rate of closing toward a potential obstacle. If the car is traveling more slowly, it has more time to figure out the potential obstacle is nothing it needs to slow down for or avoid. If the car is moving more quickly, it has to react sooner.

• Informative
Reactions: Acisplat

One rule of thumb is never judge a new release from the first few drives. I've done that and it turned out I was wrong.

Not seeing any love for Model S or Model X on TeslaFi for 10.69.1.1 yet. Refresh ... nope, still nothing.
I too was feeling like back in October when legacy owners were kept in the dark with cameras and other unexplained "requirements" and delays. Just seems like us MS/MX owners are 2nd-tier buyers, regardless of purchase year on many things like this.

But, maybe not.

Reactions: Mark II