Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a couple of traffic circles earlier today that FSDb handled perfectly. Slowed on approach but did not stop, entered at an appropriate speed and signaled on exit.

On the flip side I had 2 disengagements where FSD was about to turn in front of traffic. One was a right turn at a red light and another was a left turn at a green light (green ball, no arrow) with oncoming traffic.) Those two are really baffling - FSD clearly has to yield and clearly visualized the cars and yet failed to yield.

This can greatly depend on where the Navigation end is. Not sure if you changed it or not but often if Navigating to an address like 321 Rose Ave it will stop in the road but Navigating to a business, like Home Depot and it will pull into the parking lot.
I wish it consistently did this. Yesterday I put in a business, and the navigation route went all the way into the parking lot and right in front of the business. But FSD just stopped on the road in front of the parking lot.

Like, it got into the left turn lane, stopped, and was like, I did it! dora.mp3

I wish it consistently did this. Yesterday I put in a business, and the navigation route went all the way into the parking lot and right in front of the business. But FSD just stopped on the road in front of the parking lot.

Like, it got into the left turn lane, stopped, and was like, I did it! dora.mp3
Just to add I think a lot also has to do if the Parking Lot is Mapped (Open Maps???) and included into the Tesla Navigation database file. If it's not don't think it knows were to turn in or the path so it will likely stop on the street like an address point.

At that point the nose of the car was across the midline of the road, too.
I see. I do wish on the left turns it would only turn the wheel when it commits. Would be such an easy, intuitive, and correct way to communicate with the safety driver. And would prevent spooking of oncoming traffic!

Old problem, still not solved.

Reactions: KArnold
Pushing to my car now.

FSD Beta 10.69.2.4
(2022.20.19)
Ah finally, the long anticipated release.

(This release does not qualify for beer bet, only the one under intense development does. Just as well, still working off the last couple and I have another one to cash in still.)

Still, hoping we see Chuck try it in challenging conditions, so can gauge current status of 10.69.2 a bit more accurately. Every attempt reduces uncertainty. Clearly below 90%, but how far, in challenging conditions?

Seems unlikely to be the much needed tempo increase, but I guess we’ll see.

Last edited:
I did a quick and dirty drive on 10.69.2.4 and acceleration and braking is noticeably smoother. Maybe they rolled back that crazy high jerk limit. There was one time where regen was used during a full stop. The braking is most improved at the mid to late period of braking. It still carries speed for too long leading up to red lights (in other words not enough coasting/regen).

Steering might be slightly improved too but I need to drive it longer to know for sure. My one problematic intersection for lane selection felt improved but it might be related to having a lead vehicle.

Unprotected right turns weren't good. I needed to step on the throttle to move up to the intersection and apply throttle again after too much time passed while waiting to go.

Last edited: