Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's face it, it doesn't work. I had a Tesla mobile tech here a while ago and I described how FSD NAP does NOT take exits and he concurred. And he was driving a brand new model lS
Not sure what NAP is but using FSD/FSD-b with NOA I have in 55k miles never had an exit not taken. Maybe you got the Robert Frost version........

2.3 and 2.4 have been big improvements for me on highway (2.4 slightly moreso):

Better merging behavior onto congested highways
Better speed control when heading into stopped or slow traffic (follow distance 5)
Better dealing with merging cars
Better speed control in stop and go traffic (less "jumping" onto the lead car, only to stop abruptly)
Very smooth, confidence inspiring speed and distance control, very little anxiety, intervention / disengagement free

They are making improvements and following the footstep of what others are doing in driving policy. But these improvements are incremental.
They haven't reached any exponential curves which Waymo and Cruise have clearly blown past.
People who read these release notes and think there's some quantum leap happening after each update is naive.
These people then make comments like below:

Basically Flowery Release Notes >>>>> An actual driverless car

If you come to reality where I live, actual performance of the system is what matters.
Like this clear safety disengagement on 10.69.3 at 8 Mins 15 seconds

Think about just how bad FSD beta has been historically (ver 8, 9, 10, etc), running into stationary objects, walls, construction, straight into other cars, driving the opposite side of the road like its not nothing, crazy jerky wheel and driving.

None of these issues you will find with this year's launch of Xpeng's CNGP and Huawei's NCA system. Why? Could it be they didn't rush and release it for clout? Ofcourse none of that matters to some people because having flowery release notes proves you are the "leader in real world ai"

This video illustrates my point exactly. It took Tesla FSD over a year to stop trying to run into balant obvious stationary objects/walls.
But ofcourse Tesla is 10 years ahead because they pushed out un-ready software to the wild as @powertoold would have you believe

It’s useless to compare customer’s FSD beta video with media person’s CNGP and NCA videos that often accompanies with an engineer from respective company on the passenger seat, and often running the same route in the Guangzhou city. I did see one end user’s comment on CNGP (without video evidence) that exposes a lot of similar issues like in FSD. Tesla’s 2016 video was also pretty amazing, Huawei and XPeng are obviously far beyond that but you get what I mean.

One thing I’d say is with LiDARs and HD map, the jerkiness due to uncertainty of perception can be largely reduced. Still, even XPeng knows that they can’t scale with HD map so they may still have to solve the hard problem. What Tesla achieved with the shabby sensor suite wasn’t something these competitors can just shrug off despite what they say. Upgrading sensors is a much simpler problem in comparison.

With all the issues with 69.3, I doubt we peasants will get it within the next 2 weeks
FSD Beta 10.13 release notes were first spotted July 18, and with all the major architectural changes including Occupancy network, it got rebranded as 10.69 with notes August 21. That then went through several versions before the rest of us got it with 10.69.2 on September 11. Hopefully the wait won't be that long this time.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Seems like 10.69.3 and 10.69.2.4 are the same, lol.

Another 100 or so miles on 10.69.2.4 today. One wrong lane choice that ended up with the driver of another vehicle honking and giving me the finger. Guy was tailgating pretty bad, FSDb chose start getting into a right turn lane (which it shouldn’t have), then swerved back into the correct lane. So, it technically cut the guy off. I’ve never had a driver honk at me or give me the finger, ever, so good new experience…ha.

FSDb still overreacting when in the presence of other vehicles when making certain left and right turns. Making a left this morning, in a left turn lane, with a green turn arrow, there was a freight truck to the left of me in their right turn lane, FSDb jittered, and took a really dumb wide turn to avoid the truck that wasn’t anywhere near my vehicle. It must look so dumb to other drivers.

I see they scaled back how the car interacts with pedestrians. 10.69.2.3 used to give them more room (crossing the yellow to give the VRU more space). Now it seems to just hang in its lane, staying too close to the pedestrians. Not all the time, but at least two times in the past 2 days.

Reactions: unk45
How unlucky you have to be to replace the tire every time hitting the nails. I consider myself pretty unlucky with 3 nails this year (and of course I lay the blame on beta), but only one required tire replacement.
Or somebody doesn't like Tesla's near my office. 3 nails were identical, the 4th happened while driving. I now leave sentry mode on at all times. Since then, no nails...The Plaid's rear tires are hard to get. Always on backorder

Reactions: unk45
I ended up switching to non-foamed tires on my MY after running into that issue with my first nail in the factory tires. The foam makes emergency plugging a PITA and yeah tire repair shops didn't want to mess with it either. I ended up using Conti DWS06+ and the slight noise gain really hasn't been a big deal, and they drive better too.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I'm trying to visualize this. You were at a stop sign, using FSD-b, and the car just took off driving up onto the curb, somehow damaging the side of the car and bending the rim and you couldn't do a thing to stop it?
onto the curb both wheels then back to street. front and rear rims got some nice deep gashes and the rear rim has a very slight depression. Got the red steering wheel and it gave up. Right now Im missing dinner at 1900edt to get thrm fixed for $220. I'll be retiring this car as soon as I can acquire an Ioniq 6.

Is it just me or is 69.3 seeing cars through the windshield of the lead car?

SmartSelect_20221103-160217_YouTube.gif